Author Topic: Action Fleet line (Ships, Battlepacks, Playsets)  (Read 24101 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Dead yet again...
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2003, 09:36 AM »
I was afraid of this but knew it would happen.  I agree with the above.  Why the heck does Hasbro launch a new line with so many reissues???  Duh!!!  It's just like the Cantina Sets.  I think AF and the Cantina sets are very nice but why start off with ships or figures that the majority have allready?  I know the reissued ships are highly recognizeable but it just kills the enthusiasm.  It's too bad because some nice newer stuff seemed to be coming down the pipe.  

Maybe a few will make it out for 2005 with the little figures to boot.  

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2003, 07:16 PM »
This is a very unfortunate development.  Does anyone else recall what ships and Battle Packs were still on slate to come out?

Obviously the Death Star and the Star Destroyer come to mind, but what else was previously announced and due out in the future?  I agree that starting the line out again with all the stupid rehash/rereleases was a completely stupid move on Hasbro's part once again (like the Cantina sets).  Who the heck is in charge over there that's making all these ludicrous business and R&D decisions?!   >:(

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2003, 07:34 PM »
Drat, and double drat!  I was hoping to get the Mon Calamari Cruiser this time around!

And not to leave out the fact that I never even saw the Republic Assault Ship wave, either.  Was that officially the last wave to make it to retail, or did the Jedi Starfighter and Homing Spider Droid make it out, too?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 3, 2003, 02:06 AM »
Now that bites. Nothing new for awhile.  ::)

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #19 on: August 3, 2003, 04:35 PM »
And already the last wave is starting to climb in price...

All seem to be going in the $35-40 range and I have seen the Gunship as high as $50  :o

Can you say another E-Wing/TIE Defender/Sailbarge situation?
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 3, 2003, 05:49 PM »
It's not like Hasbro to only make a small batch of any ship. There has to be more than what little has shown up at retail. Hopefully the remainder is just stuck sitting in some warehouse in the Far East and will eventually be distributed.

Btw, I noticed that prices for the older AF, which had dropped in recent months, are on the rise again.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 3, 2003, 05:50 PM »
Well, I'm gonna try scoring the last action fleet wave in Chicago this coming weekend.  That's right up there on my list.

Feedback

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #22 on: August 3, 2003, 08:26 PM »
Nick... Gimmie a holler I'll see if I can help you out man...

I doubt there's a ton more sitting... if any.
It was a tough wave but if in fact there is more they should be available to order still through Hasbro.

I can't see some of the online retailers passing them by if they're there to be bought. I can find out more and let you guys know what I get back on them...

I actually saw this wave twice. Not much but considering many never saw it once... that's not too bad.

Hell I customized a Gunship into a CW version... added a whole lot to it... Speederbike in back and all  ;)

I'll get some pics up soon

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: August 5, 2003, 02:06 PM »
I've seen the Gunship/Slave 1 wave 4 or 5 times myself, so right there I have to put it light years ahead of the Tie Defender/E-Wing/Sail Barge wave, which I only found 2/3rds of one time.  Guess I'll pick these up in case anyone needs them if I come across them again.  Saw them several times at Walmart, and Disneyland's Star Traders shop had them in stock at least a couple times that I stopped by there as well.  No idea what they'd cost there - probably about $15 each, but would anyone want them for that price if they show up again at D'land?  Just LMK, and I'll snag 'em there if they restock...

Now onto the topic at hand.  It's definitely disappointing to see this great line die out yet again (or get put on hold indefinitely).  They've got no one to blame but themselves though.  Starting out with all rehashes was NOT a wise marketing decision...   ::)

I'm very disappointed to not be able to snag the few remaining OT pieces, like the Calamari Cruiser, Death Star, and Star Destroyer.  The latter two of which have been floating around for quite a while, as they were shown at Toy Fair at least 2-3 years ago...  Why didn't they start the AF line up again with THOSE instead?!?  Idiots, I tells ya'!

I was also hoping they might've re-released the Tie Defender (along with the other VHTF ones for everyone else).  If they're going to do rehashes, why not some of those?  At least the Sail Barge, which came from the movies, then toss the two EU'ers in there shortly thereafter.  They would've sold like hotcakes!  I can never figure out why Hasbro makes the decisions that they do.  Lots of missed opportunity and profits on their part, as usual.   :-\
« Last Edit: August 5, 2003, 02:07 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 5, 2003, 09:48 PM »
I do have one hope for the line...

What do folks think of something LIKE the Trophy Series, but with Action Fleet sized vehicles?   Pack it like a big Deluxe or something, with a similarly themed basic figure.  Like....

Star Destroyer with Captain Needa
Death Star with a new Tarkin
Mon Calamari ship with a new Ackbar
A-Wing repaint with a new A-Wing Pilot

Feedback

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #25 on: August 6, 2003, 09:04 AM »
Thanks Jimmy.  I'm gonna be in Chicago, so I'll keep an eye out for you guys.  I got the email today.  

Hey Nick...
Unfortunately I won't be making the trek to Chi-town but Tom will be there as you can see.

I'll check the warehouse today to see if anything's left though in case Tom doesn't bring any to Chicago.

I'll put whatever I see aside for ya  ;)

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 6, 2003, 03:26 PM »
Jimmy....You Da Man!

Feedback

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #27 on: August 6, 2003, 09:37 PM »
Hey Nick...

Sorry man nothing at the warehouse I checked at...
Tom has two and I have been at both w/in the past few weeks and neither have any...

There's one other chance that'd be his old store...

I'd ask him at Wizard though... He'd know for sure.
If I do turn anything up I'll definitely lyk though...

Sorry man  :(

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 6, 2003, 11:29 PM »
I'll talk to Tom in Chicago.  Now, I gotta pack!

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Must...breathe...life...into...AF
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2003, 10:46 PM »
Ok, so it's nothing to get overly excited about but Toyfare magazine exclusive Dagobah X-wing in damaged box for $14.99

Hey, I may order one, others might want one too.  I open all my AF so it looks like a good deal to me.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.