Author Topic: Action Fleet line (Ships, Battlepacks, Playsets)  (Read 24027 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Action Fleet line (Ships, Battlepacks, Playsets)
« on: December 26, 2002, 03:16 AM »
Have a look.   :)

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=97

The Gunship look's Sweet.  :)

What are your views?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 07:55 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2003 Action Fleet...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2003, 03:51 AM »
Since I collect SO MUCH of the Star Wars "stuff," from many of the various lines, I decided several years ago to cut back and only collect Original Trilogy stuff when it comes to the Action Fleet (and Micro Machines) line.  It was a tough decision, and these new ships are making me seriously reconsider...  But if I started up with the AOTC stuff, that means I'd have to go back and get ALL of the TPM Action Fleet as well, and from what I've heard, there's some pretty HTF stuff in that line.  I dunno...  The obsessive compulsive completist in me is screaming DON'T DO IT!  I think I'm just going to continue to hold off on the Prequel stuff for now, but they certainly do look nice!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2003, 02:15 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New Action Fleet Vehicles for 2003!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 02:50 PM »
The fellas over at Yakface's Realm have posted the first pictures of the next 4 vehicles - in all new packaging!  They've got the Gunship, Spider Droid, and Anakin's and Zam's Speeders.  Very packaging friendly now as far as actual product visibility (100%), likely to persuade many people to not even open them up.  But where's the fun in that?   ;)

They look good, but I still haven't changed my mind as far as collecting the Prequel ships though...

Offline Koda

• Youngling
  • Live to Collect
    • View Profile
    • Snowtroopers.ca
Re:Does Anyone Collect These?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2003, 09:38 PM »
I collect lots of action fleet, I have all the vehicles from the 90s even 2 x tie defender, e-wing and one virago(cool) I have all the transforming heads x2 (1 set loose 1 set boxed)
Still missing a couple battle packs and 2 die cast. I also have all the play sets including the transforming slave 1 and  star destroyer, 2 of the transforming death star. Tons of mini heads, vehicles and character packs....

I didn't grab many of the ep1 ones since i wasn't really exited about them, but have some of them.

I have got most of the new action fleet vehicles so far.

You can see some of it on this page http://www.dgm-laminating.com/koda/

I bought the kids lots when they were on sale they like it allot

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Does Anyone Collect These?
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 03:54 AM »
Hey Koda -
Cool collection pictures!  You should slap a link to your site over in our Collections forum.  Those pictures of your excellent custom Gunship turrets at your site finally jarred my memory as to why your name sounded so familiar - because I remember dropping you a note in your thread at RS to compliment you on those a while back!  Nice work!  You should showcase those again over in our Customs forum as well!

Keep it up, and we look forward to seeing more collection pictures and customs from you in the future!   :)

P.S.  Please give me a hollar if you ever want to part with one of those nifty Action Fleet Tie Defenders...   ;)

Offline Koda

• Youngling
  • Live to Collect
    • View Profile
    • Snowtroopers.ca
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2003, 10:24 PM »
Thanks for the comments, ill throw a link on the collections sections.

If you want to try your own gunship turrets I started a how to page hopefully ill get some time to finish, but it will give people a good start

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/gunshipturret.htm

Offline no-wan

• Youngling
  • I Warn You Not to Under Estimate my Power !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 7, 2003, 05:40 PM »
I buy Action Fleet when there cheap !!! I get the ships mostly. But I also have the first 12 battle packs !!!
I'm hoping they do All the Podracers !! To the best of my knowledge there are only three, and they have two more coming? I would like to build a display box with them racing across the desert.... Too Cool !!!!
« Last Edit: February 7, 2003, 05:42 PM by no-wan »
The New Sandcrawler Workshop

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re:NEW ACTION FLEET VEHICLES FOR 2003!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2003, 01:03 PM »
I just picked up the Gunship and Republic Assault Ship at Wal-Mart. I have the Slave 1 also that I picked up about two weeks ago. I really like these ships. I hope the line continues for a long time. I hope they bring out the ones that were planned a year or so ago.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline strongbad

• Youngling
  • Eat my shorts!
    • View Profile
Re: NEW ACTION FLEET VEHICLES FOR 2003!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2003, 02:34 PM »
It looks good to me!
It's not you, it's me...
Okay it's you, but we can still be friends.

Offline strongbad

• Youngling
  • Eat my shorts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2003, 02:40 PM »
I collect these. I have atleast half of the entire 2001 collection!
It's not you, it's me...
Okay it's you, but we can still be friends.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2003, 02:49 PM »
Only AF I own is Jango's Slave 1, there on the bottom corner shelf. If anyone sees a Republuc Gunship, LMK!!

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
Dead yet again...
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2003, 02:53 PM »
Scum posted some info on the AF line beig nixed again...
So I decided to send a shout to my HK source and he confirmed. He got word early yesterday.

Though Scum mentioned it being nixed til 2005 he said he had received no time frame for the comeback.

Yet again AF dies... Hasbro claims no retiler support.
Let's see... well d some genius decided to launch a dead line w/ a good majority of reissues no one gives a hoot about...

X-Wing
Vader's TIE
Falcon
Naboo Fighter
Snowspeeder
AT-AT

Genius move on Hasbro's part. I mean the E-Wing, TIE Defender, Jabba Barge are still incredibly high in demand... Nevermind the releases that never saw light.
Calamari Cruiser, Deathstar...

Granted those were due for release  this time out... but haaa bak to the junk pile.

Let's give Hasbro a round of appluase  ::) ::) ::)
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Dead yet again...
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2003, 04:49 PM »
Yeah, I saw this coming for a while. It sucks that we wont get the ships that were due out, they were some of the ships I was most looking forward to.

At least it will free up room for other stuff. Maybe ditching that, more stores will be apt to get the screen scene sets (at many WalMarts in my area, they had the trash compactors and AF in the same spot, and switched back and forth)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2003, 09:05 PM »
Nooooooooo!I wanted those dang destroyers!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2003, 10:23 PM »
Hey Matt...
Thanks for moving. As you can see I was soo po'd that I posted in the wrong spot... and have hellish typos in the post  ;D

Between the (what I'll call for now) rumor of the blue Clone bust and the AF news today I was just a tad bit agitated.  ;)
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan