Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" AT-ST Walker w/Driver  (Read 53246 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" AT-ST Walker w/Driver
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2017, 04:10 PM »
It's ok.  But if u need any help just ask happy to try.  It's fairly straight forward.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2017, 11:21 PM »
I was just looking at this new AT-ST and realized that they put the "cheek" guns on backwards.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: May 9, 2017, 01:21 AM »
Wish WM clearances were easier to gauge because man these are piling up around here.  A store near me is starting to stack them up top now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2017, 01:25 PM »
So my oldest got to open the one I purchased for him for his Kindergarten graduation and it stands just fine.  This version of the AT-ST seems to stand better than the K-mart one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2017, 03:10 PM »
Hmmm... BBTS is offering these @ $24.99 with a Jan 2018 ship date. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2017, 05:11 PM »
Hmmm... BBTS is offering these @ $24.99 with a Jan 2018 ship date.

My usual concern... I'm tempted at that price, but I'm trying to figure out if it would be redundant to me.  I re-read this thread and I'm wondering if anyone has comparison photos of this one with the TLC version?   I.E., is it any different really than the one I already have in this photo:

Also, what's the verdict on the driver, is he a repack?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 05:13 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2017, 09:39 PM »
The TLC one not terribly as far as deco goes.  The difference is that this one is more sturdy than that one, which is known to have issues where the joints become brittle and break over time.

I got a few of the new one on clearance for $15, which I had on my radar.  I had to drive cross country to EBF but got them super cheap and I'm always fairly happy to add AT-ST's to my arsenal.  The deco is bland and non-specific, and pretty much just like the Legacy walker.  The best deco is K-Mart's IMHO since it's specific to a very particular walker in ROTJ.  The problem then of course is it standing up.  If you feel like putting a lock washer into some joints, it stands just fine then.

The new one is all around superior for standing and staying that way, but goes back to a more generic deco...  I'm fine with that since I pretty much don't mind hoarding a pile of these to customize, and since I'm customizing I don't mind fixing their standing issues, but yeah, this is probably the best version of the walker they've done for standing so far.  Beyond that, it was more of the same at a higher price...  At $25 it's fantastically priced really though, for what it is.  Below what I consider even fair for it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2017, 10:43 AM »
What about the driver?  Anything different / new about him?  I put in a pre-order at BBTS and they only asked $4 to ship, so the price is definitely right.  I don't particularly need another AT-ST, but if that driver is different at all I'd want one of those and it would probably be worth it.

I missed the K-Mart one and I'm kicking myself for it.  Auctions seem to range from $35 to hundreds of dollars depending on what the seller is looking for and whether or not it's open.  So I'm watching those hoping to find one on the low end eventually.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2017, 08:27 PM »
Drive is the same as the K-Mart 2-pack one that looks like Malkin.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2017, 08:55 PM »
$24.99? Shoot I'm putting in an order now. These vanished when TLJ merch came out and I never saw them discounted
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2017, 12:27 AM »
Really?  My stores have literally stacks of these things.  Some on the bottom some on the top shelf and some have them on the bottom shelf and top shelf.  Only two stores blew them out here, but they did no goofing off and really just bottomed out the price and got rid of them.

The walker is a great toy but the whole price plus this not really having a place or purpose hurt it plus it wasn’t long ago it was out for less.  If they’d released it as a Rogue One vehicle around time the movie came out it might’ve done better.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2017, 08:44 PM »
Yeah I swear my area has become some sort of toy void recently. Only WM stocked the 6" speeders, only Target has the 6" centerpiece line. The most AT-STs I ever saw at a single store was 5.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2018, 07:41 PM »
Former JediDefender Poster Famine picked one of these up for me at his local WM for $15 yesterday. These have made a resurgence in my area, but no stores have them below the $60 MSRP.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2018, 01:33 PM »
$15 is a great price, but I've got 17 twin cockpit At-St's over all. I think I'm done.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2018, 05:57 PM »
$15 is a great price, but I've got 17 twin cockpit At-St's over all. I think I'm done.  :P

Come on, need an even twenty.