Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VIII (SPOILER FREE)  (Read 21215 times)

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Episode VIII (SPOILER FREE)
« Reply #15 on: December 7, 2017, 04:39 PM »
Here's an email the Minnesota Zooo Imax just sent to me.
======
My name is Holly Ranning, General Manager at the IMAX Theatre at the Minnesota. I am reaching out to you because you purchased tickets for the 6pm show of Star Wars: The Last Jedi on Thursday, December 14th. To help better your experience with the theatre, we would like to share some good to know info before your arrival so you know what to expect. Please. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to me.

Event Details

Starting at 5pm on Thursday, December 14th we will have a premium event with Issue Needed Comics, giving away FREE comic books, while supplies last and costumed Star Wars characters from the 501st and Plinko game with our partner radio station KDWB, Plus Dave Ryan will be here for a movie going experience. The evening will also include exclusive content in the movie that will only be shown during the first screening, plus all ticket holders will get a star wars collectible and a free small popcorn. 

BIGGEST theatre giveaway we have ever had! You’re not going to want to miss out on this.
See Star Wars: The Last Jedi opening week, December 14th- December 17th at the IMAX Theatre at the Minnesota Zoo and have a chance at winning 20 movie tickets to use in 2018 (Value of $320)!
Rules
- Attend at least 1 movie show time during December 14th and December 17th of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
• For every ticket purchased gets you an entry into the drawing.
• See the other version 2D/3D during December 14th and December 17th of Star Wars: The Last Jedi and receive an additional entry into the drawing.
- During your visit take a selfie at our Star Wars Standee in our lobby, tag it to our facebook page @ IMAX Theat...re at the Minnesota Zoo and receive an additional entry into the drawing.
- Message to our facebook page your email, for contact to receive notice of winnings.
• In your message please include what show times and dates you attended.
• Email will be sent to winners on Monday, December 18th. We will also post to our facebook page the list of names of winners.

The more you buy, the more you see, the more chances to win! 5 winners will be picked per-day December 14th – December 17th. That is a total of 20 chances to win!!!

Buy your tickets today! Share the word with friends and family!

See Star Wars opening weekend for your chance to win this Star Wars Funko Set + 4 free tickets to take your family to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi on Christmas Day! Set includes; REY, FINN, LUKE, BB8, POE, CHEWBACCA, PORG.
Rules

-         Attend at least 1 movie show time during December 14th and December 17th of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

·         The more times you see it, the more times you are entered into the drawing.

-          Like our facebook page @ IMAX Theatre at the Minnesota Zoo and receive an additional entry into the drawing.

-          Message to our facebook page your email, for contact to receive notice of winnings.
Macklunkey!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 8, 2017, 12:45 PM »
I only know one truth: stay away from Reddit for the next week.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 8, 2017, 02:09 PM »
I've been struggling with the Topps Star Wars Card Trader App over the past week too.  Lots of new cards with scenes I don't really want to see yet.  I've been opening the packs but trying not to look closely at the images.  Can't wait for Thursday.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 12:22 PM »
I received a reply from the Manager from the MN zoo Imax. They don't yet have any word on the length of the "exclusive content".

I sure hope it isn't that 2 minute long garbage where the cast and director say hi to the audience. No thanks.
Macklunkey!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2017, 09:19 AM »
I've checked out some info during the production of TLJ, but based on the initial word out of the world premiere?  I'm checking out from social media for the next few days.  Especially after I heard word of some trolls on twitter who have been tweeting spoiler hashtags and saying that they were doing it for a laugh. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 10:10 AM »
I'm checking out from social media for the next few days.

Same here...  it's been hard trying to find news to post on the front page because I've just tried to avoid the social media internet as much as possible the past few days. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 05:32 PM »
It's going to be a tough couple of days....but I've seen a couple of spoiler free reviews and they are glowingly positive!

Some have said it's the best Star Wars film ever....I find that hard to believe in a universe where Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back exists.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2017, 10:25 PM »
I missed the "exclusive" content because I was in a long line to get a free popcorn/soda included with the price of my ticket. Apparently it was just a behind the scenes look at John Williams making the soundtrack. No Han Solo trailer.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2018, 02:14 PM »
More of a general interest note than anything else.  I was watching some of the BTS features on the BluRay, notably Andy Serkis's performance as Snoke.  And something about the throne was sticking out to me.  And then I realized where I had seen that throne before...

The design for Snoke's throne has the same silhouette as Ralph McQuarrie's original design for the Emporer's throne in the lava chamber.  I continue to be surprised and impressed how the new films are looking to those original designs for inspiration in the current films.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback