Author Topic: Force Friday II - September 1, 2017  (Read 30387 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Force Friday II - September 1, 2017
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 05:27 PM »
Now that's brave or brace whatever.  Better put that "if it doesn't happen it's still accurate but Hasbro are dumb and changed their mine solely due to this leak" caveat in there tho.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 05:28 PM »
Darth Vader - Evolutions 12-Pack

One of these 12 better be 3.75" SA Darth Vader (Bacta Tank) from Rogue One or I'm going to drive to Rhode Island and politely shout obscenities at cars entering and exiting the Hasbro Employee Parking Lot.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 09:30 PM »
Darth Vader - Evolutions 12-Pack

One of these 12 better be 3.75" SA Darth Vader (Bacta Tank) from Rogue One or I'm going to drive to Rhode Island and politely shout obscenities at cars entering and exiting the Hasbro Employee Parking Lot.

Unfortunately Hasbro is going to save that for the Darth Vader Evolutions 18 Pack that's going to come out when "Rogue Two: a Star Wars Story" comes out.  It details the time between when Vader flat out murdered all those Rebel Fleet Troopers, and when the Tantive is finally gobbled up by that Star Destroyer, and will finally answer the question that's been on everyone's minds; "did Jyn and Cassian survive that Death star blast!?" 

Coming to theaters in 2022. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:30 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 09:32 PM »
If it's SA whatever.  I'm tired of HasBLOW not giving their core 17 people left in the hobby their due!

We keep them employed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 12:53 PM »
That got weird fast,

It's only interesting in that this is the first time I can recall heroes being placed on the product packaging. I guess POTJ had Obi-Wan but he was kind of small compared to Vader. Otherwise we had Vader a few times, the regular Star Wars logo, Darth Maul, Kylo Ren, and the Deathtrooper.

Hunh?  This is just mirroring the original vintage line with a scene the character appears in being used for the card.  The Vintage collection did the same thing, and so do the Gentle Giant 12" vintage repro figures.  There were lots of heroes on the product packaging, though usually only if the figure was a hero.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 02:08 PM »
It's only interesting in that this is the first time I can recall heroes being placed on the product packaging. I guess POTJ had Obi-Wan but he was kind of small compared to Vader. Otherwise we had Vader a few times, the regular Star Wars logo, Darth Maul, Kylo Ren, and the Deathtrooper.

Hunh?  This is just mirroring the original vintage line with a scene the character appears in being used for the card.

He's talking about the modern packaging planned for The Last Jedi with Finn, Rey, Poe on it - not vintage carded stuff.  Modern packaging hasn't had human heroes on it since Young Obi-Wan on the PotJ stuff.  The end-run Movie Heroes cards had Yoda on them, but that was when the line was dying and getting dumped OUS.  Otherwise it's all bad guys or troopers usually.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 04:26 PM »
Oh, duh!  I had the 6" Luke exclusive on my mind, not the E8 packaging.  I guess they are making up for the absence of heroes by putting all three characters on there this time. Restoring balance to the force packaging? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: August 3, 2017, 11:13 AM »
I know Jayson is planning another sweet checklist for Force Friday, but I thought I'd start a makeshift list now for folks trying to start planning ahead on the Hasbro stuff at least (no way I can keep up with everything Hasbro, LEGO, Funko, etc - it's too much!)

Force Friday II:

Force Link Gauntlet Starter Set ($30)
- includes Kylo Ren figure

Basic Figures ($8 each):
6x Orange Assortment figures (Rey, Luke, Poe, Finn, Kylo, FO Stormtrooper)
7x Teal Assortment figures (Hux, Paige, Chewie, C-3PO, Rose, Kenobi, Yoda)

Versus Figure 2-Packs ($15 each):
Rey & Elite Guard
Han & Boba Fett

Class A Creature/Droid Assortment ($20 each):
Rathtar and Bala-Tik
Probe Droid and Darth Vader

Class B Vehicle Assortment ($30 each):
"Tango Neon" with Pilot
"Aero 1" with Pilot

Class C Vehicle Assortment ($40 each):
Resistance Ski Speeder with Captain Poe Dameron

Class D Vehicle Assortment ($50 each):
TIE Silencer with Kylo Ren (TIE Pilot)

Episode 8 Flagship 'big ticket' item ($200)
Star Destroyer/BB-8 Playset with Snoke and Elite Guard
« Last Edit: August 3, 2017, 11:15 AM by Jeff »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #23 on: August 3, 2017, 12:02 PM »
Really curious about the $30 ships. I would have thought the Ski Speeder would be in that range and the A-Wing at 40, since it seems longer at least than the OT version, but not sure. I am now super interested to see the playset. At $200, the size and scale should be pretty significant, but then... well, it sounds fun.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: August 3, 2017, 05:24 PM »
Yeah the $30 ships have my attention.  Initial pics of Ren's TIE left me disappointed but the speculated AWing?  I'm all ears on that.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 04:06 PM »
What do we know about for DPCI or UPC codes for TLJ stuff  ???

I feel like I have seen a few fly around but would be helpful to assemble them all in one place.

I've tried searching for stuff on Brickseek but I can't find any info searching on individual products...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 04:12 PM »
Wondering what Target is planning to do with their 2-packs for the upcoming reset. Around here, every single store pulled their entire stock off the shelves with the last reset, so I guess they are just gonna put them back out alongside the new 2-packs?

I know these never went on clearance, and I haven't heard of a new DPCI for 2-packs, so I'm thinking they will magically reappear in a week.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2017, 05:04 PM »
DPCI for 2 packs is 087-06-8319
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2017, 11:29 AM »
Looks like target has their usual force Friday coupons available.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:32 AM by Dave »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 02:49 PM »
Less than 48 hours out now...a few things have me wondering.

1) TRU : Has not done a good job moving out old product. I guess they are going to just mix and match old and new stuff on the pegs. I hate to even try going by there on FF, but their rumored 6" 2-pack is a strong lure. Is that going to be a last minute reveal?

2) Walmart : Made a decent effort to move old stuff out but then seemed to give up a few weeks ago. Now they just have piles of the same old pegwarmers in both scales. Like TRU I guess they are just going to throw up the new stuff alongside the old, although I have heard rumors of some kind of standalone display too, but that seems like a random deal.

I mostly want to know WTF are they planning to do with all those Legacy Vader sets that are stuck at $30. Cut them down to 15 or 20 already. They are not moving and it just looks stubborn not too keep dropping the price.

3) Target : They did the best job of anyone at blowing at the old items. The ones around here are pretty much void of any 6" or 3.75" figures. They seem to have just been purged from the system this week too. No stores are showing counts yet on any of the new DPCI's but I assume that info will magically appear on or around 9/1.

I really want to know what they did with the 2-packs and if they are going to share pegs with the new ones using 2 different DPCI's or what. That sounds like a mess.

I also want to know what they are waiting for to clearance out the exclusive AT-ACT Driver and Rogue One 3-packs. How long do they intend to hang onto those? They are taking up valuable real estate and haven't been on sale once around here.

My plan at this point is to hit up a few Walmarts at midnight (luckily no army builders in Wave One so if I get lucky and find a full case I'm set) and then maybe swing by TRU. The next morning I plan to wake up early and hit a few Targets to try and take advantage of the sale, plus pick up some of the Executioners.

I'm not even going to bother with GameStop because there is no way they are getting those exclusives in by Friday. We would have seen leaks already.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:53 PM by McMetal »