Author Topic: Force Friday II - September 1, 2017  (Read 30428 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Force Friday II - September 1, 2017
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2017, 03:28 PM »
Why does Rey have to be wearing the same clothes from two years ago?!

I mean, sure they're grey now, but come on.
From what I know (been avoiding spoilers), The Last Jedi starts immediately after the end of TFA.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2017, 04:22 PM »
From what I know (been avoiding spoilers), The Last Jedi starts immediately after the end of TFA.

I'm avoiding them too... but reading that as an explanation doesn't do much... I mean, did she dye her clothes in-between training sessions with Luke?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2017, 04:58 PM »
So there's a ROTJ Target 3 3/4" 5poa 3-pack containing Luke, Emperor Palpatine and the Royal Guard they claimed they weren't making a few years ago.  :P

At least it's not a salt shaker.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2017, 08:26 PM »
So there's a ROTJ Target 3 3/4" 5poa 3-pack containing Luke, Emperor Palpatine and the Royal Guard they claimed they weren't making a few years ago.  :P

At least it's not a salt shaker.

Hmmmm.  That one leaves me dreading that Palpatine is exclusive to that set, dammit.  I wanted the Emporer as a standalone figure, TBH.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 08:45 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2017, 10:33 PM »
Might not be, since Hasbro showed him on his own. That said, I think this is a great set really, so if it is the only way to get him, I'm ok with it. Odd Vader is left out, to complete the scene.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2017, 11:05 PM »
One hour to go boys!

I'm switching up my original plan and going back to what I did last year for a Rogue One: waiting till midnight and picking up as much as I can online, and then rolling out to enjoy the atmosphere and try to fill any gaps or maybe try to pick up some of the exclusive stuff.

If these wave 2 six inch reports are true, my expenditures may have just jumped by 30%.  :P

Can't wait to hear how everyone makes out! Good luck to all!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #51 on: September 1, 2017, 12:17 AM »
Found a General Leia (TLJ - gray dress) 5 POA figure that is FANTASTIC at disneystore.com just now. Lists November availability. Looking around but site is, um, slow.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 1, 2017, 12:57 AM »
From what I've heard this is 2015 part 2. Multiple TRUs getting SINGLE cases of Black Series figures, and 3 vehicles
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #53 on: September 1, 2017, 02:06 AM »
I can confirm that as well. Went to the local Wally and they had only one case of 5 POA figs (for each - Orange and Teal). Disaster averted as Ben and I were both able to get our Lukes between two WM's, but... also the six inch Hera created a minor controversy by being pilfered before the pallet hit the floor.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 1, 2017, 02:08 AM »
Yeah our TRU was cleaned out almost immediately. Apparently they didn't even get any of the little figures. A buddy of mine let me know to save me some trouble.

I got too frustrated trying to order anything online after about 15 minutes of reloading, waiting, etc.

I ended up hitting 3 different Walmarts with a friend. The first had just been cleared out by two jackholes who were staking out the stockroom. All I got was a 6" Rey and Luke.

The next Walmart was also cleaned out. (Vader is the least favorite apparently) but at the third one I got lucky and found two full cases still left so I picked up the rest of 6" wave 1 figures and called it a night.  :)

Waking up early to hit a few Targets for some Executioners and to score the 2 speeders with that coupon. I guess I can't complain, overall it was a fun time tonight.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 1, 2017, 02:20 AM »
Our TRU had 1 case each of 6" wave 1 and 2.  I had Maz and Finn in hand, but put Finn back and Maz had wonky eyes, so I left her behind as well.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 1, 2017, 02:55 AM »
Not so great experience myself - went to a Walmart that basically had one case each of Orange and Teal figures. There were two other guys who had been there sooner than me, thankfully one guy wanted only Chewie and the other guy wanted one each of all the female figures for his daughter and a Luke - so I was able to score a set of 11 figures there. I picked up a Rathtar, Ski Speeder and a Force Link Starter Kit.

Ran over to the Toys R Us after that and was able to grab an A-Wing and a non-mint Probe Droid.

Went to another WalMart only to find 6" figures (which I don't collect) and there was plenty of those for Wave 1 and remnants from a Teal wave - so I grabbed Hux, C3PO, Rose and Paige to open.

My last resorts are the Walmart and Target nearest to my house - the WalMart closed at midnight so my hope is that they didn't put anything out before that and the Target wasn't on the midnight opening list - so I have my fingers crossed that I'll be able to get the remaining vehicles and "creatures" sets I need. My goal is to try to purchase enough stuff at Target so I can get three of those $25 gift cards and drop the price on a BB-8 playset to $125, so I'll probably take a gamble on the vehicles at Target and only focus on figures at the WalMart.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 1, 2017, 12:15 PM »
I actually had a rather good experience this morning...  After doing the midnight toy-run thing at Toys R Us for the TFA toy releases two years ago (and winding up being rather disappointed) I instead opted to hit a Target store right when they opened this morning (Friday) and was able to score everything I had wanted and then some. 

I was one of about 8 people awaiting the doors to open at Target this morning...  A big teenage kid got his monthly exercise running to the toy aisle to grab just about every 6" Black Series figure he could, but I was able to get the A-Wing, TIE Silencer, Ski-Speeder, the 3.75" Luke, plus a few other 3.75" figures that looked pretty neat.  Then I went to the other display at the rear of the store and scored some more of the 6" Black Series figures that the teenage kid didn't get, including TFA Luke (who looks like he could substitute for a Moses action figure :P ) as well as the 6" scale vehicles including Rey's tractor and Luke's land speeder.

I am not a completist collector by any means, so it doesn't matter if I need to get an entire wave or something, and just have specific items that I target for my collection.  I'm just happy I was able to get everything I wanted in one swoop, though I'm not sure my credit card was ;)
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 12:32 PM by tmanthegreat »
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 1, 2017, 12:21 PM »
Has been a pretty nice start to the day for me, although the five hours of sleep isn't feeling great.

I got to the Target by my house about 8:05-8:10am and there were already 5-6 people milling around the toy aisle when I got there. Luckily someone tipped me off to the bigger stash in the "seasonal" section so I was able to pick up another set of the new BS 6" figures as well as a First Order Executioner which I bought with the $25 gift card they gave me. :)

At the next Target I hit I snagged both the Rey Speeder and Landspeeder, got another $25 gift card which I used to buy a second Executioner. (Two is all I need)

I swung by TRU, Kohl's and a few GameStops while I was out but there was nothing going on any of those places.

Happy I got everything I wanted, some free Target exclusives, and with minimal hassles. Good day!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 1, 2017, 02:00 PM »
"Luke is who everyone is going after," said some guy to me at TRU, then telling me Target had him (which it didn't, but I saw him at Wal-Mart already).

I bought nothing. Didn't see the Probot. Not up for a $20 probe droid anyway. Nor did I see the big playset.  No sign of the new 3 3/4" black series at Wal-Mart. Not surprised.

Most tempting thing I saw today was Funko's 4" Batgirl.