Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 8  (Read 21525 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 8
« on: December 1, 2016, 01:14 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 8
« Reply #1 on: December 1, 2016, 04:31 PM »
Gotta be Walrusman right?

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 1, 2016, 05:18 PM »
If you look at the highlighted letters, and the comments on YF.com you'll see some guesses on what we'll get.

TR-BF-PB-ST

Tusken Raider
Boba Fett
Ponda Baba
StormTrooper

Seems like some decent figures, although I'm not so sure about Walrus Man.  Are people really asking for this figure to be reissued?  Maybe he'll have a major role in Rogue One...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 1, 2016, 06:05 PM »
I would love it if those are the four characters.  I'm not a huge walrusman guy, but if we eventually get Greedo, Snaggletooth, and Hammerhead to go with him, that would be awesome.  Those cantina guys are some of my favorites from the original vintage lineup. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 1, 2016, 09:47 PM »
It absolutely makes sense to get a Stormtrooper back into circulation.  Especially since ROGUE ONE is just chocked full of them.  But the question is invariably WHICH VERSION?

I can also see the case for Ponda Baba since that figure had a very limited run at retail.  As for Boba Fett?  Okay.  When I first saw the BF I actually thought "Bib Fortuna?  REALLY?!?!"  Boba makes more sense though.  He just continues to sell, and you need a solid seller to help carry the line.  I'm curious if it's going to be a TESB version or the ROTJ costume. 

But the Tusken Raider?  Eh.  I'm a little less enthused about that one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 1, 2016, 10:50 PM »
Wrong.

Sand Trooper. Hasbro loves them more than stormtroopers.

Also, it's great that Pax Bonkik is coming back.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 2, 2016, 12:47 AM »
Ponda Baba was probably THE hardest TVC figure to find. I lucked out and got one from a fresh case at 3am but that was the only time I saw it at retail, and I know they were about as scarce as the recent Black Series waves.

That said, I'd probably pass on all of these. I have enough of the army builders. I'd bite on Fett if it were the VOTC/ROTJ version from 2004.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: December 2, 2016, 01:45 AM »
I have to give  that to the Echo Base Rebel...  THAT was a bitch.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 2, 2016, 08:25 AM »
Never saw the Tarkin wave here, one of the only SW Toy Waves i've literally never seen on the pegs anyplace.

I would have preferred they crank out the rest of that last online only TVC wave. Shae Vizsla and that Republic Trooper, etc.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 2, 2016, 09:36 AM »
I would give the VHTF crown to the trio of Bastila, Ponda Baba and the Echo Base Rebel Trooper.  Thankfully Bastila got reissued down the line and that helped a lot of people. 

I think Tarkin would be a good choice for a reissue, too.  Well, just because.  A Sandtrooper reissue makes sense as well, given what we've seen of the Imperial troops on Jedha.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 2, 2016, 09:36 AM »
It's funny, but that Ponda Baba, Echo Base Trooper wave was plentiful in NYC I found dozens in the Babies R Us of all places.  If I had know what a treasure trove I had found...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: December 2, 2016, 10:05 AM »
I'm not so sure about Walrus Man.  Are people really asking for this figure to be reissued?

He sells for $30-40 loose on ebay; $80-90 carded.  There must still be some demand for him.

I would give the VHTF crown to the trio of Bastila, Ponda Baba and the Echo Base Rebel Trooper. 

From what I understand, this wave was one of the least produced waves in all of the TVC line. Bastilla was re-issued, now apparently Ponda.  Hoping Echo Base Rebel gets re-issued at some point too for those that missed him.

Sand Trooper. Hasbro loves them more than stormtroopers.

Or Snowtrooper.   Actually, I think I'd prefer a nice clean deco black-pauldron Sandtrooper over the plain Stormtrooper.  If we're going to get soaked for $13 to buy them, I'd rather get all the Sandtrooper gear than just a single E-11 accessory. ;)
« Last Edit: December 2, 2016, 10:06 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #12 on: December 2, 2016, 02:58 PM »
I lucked out with the Ponda Baba wave here in Iowa, finding them at a few WM's on the same day. I ended up with 3 or 4 Echo Base Troopers. Vintage wasn't great around here but it wasn't bad, and we pretty much had a shot at everything at lease once. I have never seen Shae Vizla though. I think she's the only one I don't have.

I think the choices in this group are pretty good. To me the Tusken Raider is the biggest head scratcher, but I suppose all of this is new to folks coming in to the hobby at this point. I'm hoping the Sandtrooper offers something new. If they go with the same old sculpt it's an instant pass, unless they choose to offer one of the variants from RO. There is an all white pauldron variant in the movie that I think Sideshow might be doing. There are some new backpacks too that the Jedha troops seem to have.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 2, 2016, 04:59 PM »
The Black Series plans are now in the main computer:

BLACK SERIES 3.75”
55187082 SW TUSKEN RAIDER
55187083 SW PONDA BABA
55187084 SW BOBA FETT
55187085 SW SAND TROOPER

...and verifiable via Brickseek
« Last Edit: December 2, 2016, 05:00 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 2, 2016, 06:33 PM »
Ha! Sand Trooper! Called it.

Yeah, I think I got at least one TPM 3D Tusken Raider MOC from when Five Below had that wave. I might even have the VOTC one MOC. So I wouldn't pay $13 or even $10 for one.

Boba Fett needs a whole do-over with ball joint wrists and hips.  This won't be it.