Author Topic: Black Series 40th Anniversary Vintage - Wave 2  (Read 10704 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Black Series 40th Anniversary Vintage - Wave 2
« Reply #15 on: May 8, 2017, 10:45 AM »
Is it still true that we're going to get the new 6" figures (Jawa, Tusken, DSC) from this wave in normal red boxes later?

Yes
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 10:39 AM »
To minimize disruption of toy talk, I've spun off the JediDefender sponsorship discussions into their own thread.

Feel free to continue that discussion here, if you are so inclined.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 09:55 PM »
EE  is shipping these now
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 01:31 AM »
Got my shipping notice today too.  Wow, that came fast!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 05:09 PM »
Does anybody have any insight in to when figures like the Jawa, Tusken Raider, and DSC will be repackaged in a normal box?  I want these figures pretty badly, but am willing to wait.  My only fear is that Obi-Wan took a year from when he was made available at SDCC to when he was put in a general release.  I don't want to wait a year for these figures to be re-released.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 05:21 PM »
Tusken Raider should be in Black Series 6" Wave 11 (rumored to be going up for pre-order soon).

Jawa and DSCommander will be a while longer, next spring according to some rumor/guestimates.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:21 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 10:56 PM »
At least three different local Walmarts got this wave in today. I found full cases at two of them and the third was only missing the Raider. Good to see these starting to show up in force (no pun intended) but still curious wth Target's plans with this line are anymore.

I grabbed a handful of Jawas and Sandpeople to complete my army building, so I think I'm officially done with this wave now.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 10:46 AM »
Does anyone know the Target DCPI numbers for these?   Do they have unique numbers for each, or a shared one?  I can't find them on the web site at all. 

Also, with the rumored screw up on the 6" inventory for Target, does anyone know if that affects the 40th Anniversary figures too, or just the normal assortments?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2017, 11:43 AM »
What is the Target inventory screw up?  I'm assuming there is something specific wrong versus their general DPCI confusion...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 10:52 PM »
The vintage 6" line has its own DPCI, so luckily it is not impacted by the 3953/8009 snafu. Which really isn't even a thing anymore, at least around here.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 10:24 AM »
The guy that wrote that is a little off.  The DPCI confusion would cause higher counts and limit automatic reordering.  However, my understanding of the gray sticker is that the red shirts place these when they come across empty pegs and counts that are off.  When you see the gray sticker, that should be an indication that Target is manually reordering more of these and just waiting on delivery (however long that takes).  Can anyone else confirm?  Maybe I'm not remembering that correctly as I haven't worked there in over a decade...

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2017, 10:46 AM »
I do find it odd that a lot of the Targets I go to have both end cap space and pegs in the main aisle for 40th Anniversary 6" figures.  Both are empty (or filled with other random SW items).

Usually Target is pretty good at planning inventory and especially not having end cap space sitting mostly empty.

I'm not sure what happened to distribution or production on these items, but it doesn't appear that Target got as much as they were expecting.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2017, 11:29 AM »
Confusion seems to be the name of the game  There is the matter of the markdown that happened on the red & black packaged 6" TBS figures.  I benefited from that when I picked up a bargain priced Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader for $10.  It would certainly seem that the markdown has to factor into this situation with the new DPCI numbers for new offerings in the red & black packaging.  I'm still left wondering how this whole situation may be impacting Target's distribution of the 40AC carded 6" figures.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2017, 01:36 PM »
The guy that wrote that is a little off.  The DPCI confusion would cause higher counts and limit automatic reordering.  However, my understanding of the gray sticker is that the red shirts place these when they come across empty pegs and counts that are off.  When you see the gray sticker, that should be an indication that Target is manually reordering more of these and just waiting on delivery (however long that takes).  Can anyone else confirm?  Maybe I'm not remembering that correctly as I haven't worked there in over a decade...

As far as I am aware​ your description is correct, as I have had numerous Target employees explain the gray dot to me in the same manner as you stated.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot