Author Topic: Black Series 40th Anniversary Vintage - Wave 2  (Read 10699 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Black Series 40th Anniversary Vintage - Wave 2
« on: February 20, 2017, 10:42 AM »
Wow, I was really excited for the Jawa, but the picture is a huge disappointment for me.  No soft goods?  This thing looks like an oversized POTF2 figure.  I'm glad we're finally getting a Jawa, but this is another swing and a miss on the design.  Maybe I can make my own custom brown cloak to fit over it.   :-\  We have cloth goods for the Tusken, Vader, Luke, Leia, & Ben...but not the Jawa.  Unreal. 

The Tusken looks a little lame in package as well.  Glad to see in the loose photos that his robe goes well beyond just the arms.  The mouth piece looks a little goofy to me, but everything else seems pretty solid for this guy and the Death Squad Commander (though I would have preferred his original vintage colors). 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:47 AM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Black Series 40th Anniversary Vintage - Wave 2
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 10:50 AM »
Wow, I was really excited for the Jawa, but the picture is a huge disappointment for me.  No soft goods?  This thing looks like an oversized POTF2 figure.  I'm glad we're finally getting a Jawa, but this is another swing and a miss on the design.  Maybe I can make my own custom brown cloak to fit over it.   :-\

Check out rickhor409 on eBay.  They offer up some pretty good softgoods for 6" Black Series figures.  I've gotten a Jedi cloak for my ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi and another cloak for my ROTJ Luke from them, and they were pretty good.  I see they're currently offering up one for Yoda, and a softgoods cloak for Krennic, too.  So I expect they might offer up something for this Jawa at some point.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:50 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 02:16 PM »
Check out rickhor409 on eBay.  They offer up some pretty good softgoods for 6" Black Series figures.  I've gotten a Jedi cloak for my ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi and another cloak for my ROTJ Luke from them, and they were pretty good.  I see they're currently offering up one for Yoda, and a softgoods cloak for Krennic, too.  So I expect they might offer up something for this Jawa at some point.

Thanks for the tip.  I have a custom cloth cape for prequel Kenobi - can't remember if it was from this guy or not though.  Might even be able to scale down that Luke hooded cape if there aren't better options.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:14 PM »

Thanks for the tip.  I have a custom cloth cape for prequel Kenobi - can't remember if it was from this guy or not though.  Might even be able to scale down that Luke hooded cape if there aren't better options.

Based on all of the Star Wars cloaks and capes I've seen them do, I think it's pretty likely that they'll do the cloak for this Jawa.  But then what about the bandoliers?  The bandoliers will probably be the tricky part.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 10:41 PM »
For housekeeping purposes, I'm spinning the Wave 2 figures off into their own thread.

Here are the Press Pics - click on the thumbnails for a better look:

And here are the Walmart SKU and UPCs courtesy of Yakface:

SW E4 SEE THREEPIO C3PO
SKU 55335321
UPC 630509554423

SW E4 CHEWBACCA
SKU 55335322
UPC 630509554430

SW E4 STORMTROOPER
SKU 55335323
UPC 630509554447

SW E4 SAND PEOPLE
SKU 55335324
UPC 630509554454

SW E4 DEATH SQUAD COMMANDER
SKU 55335325
UPC 630509571611

SW E4 JAWA
SKU 55335326
UPC 630509571628
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 10:47 PM »
I somehow missed the 3PO being rereleased. Glad I spent all that time looking for the Walgreens one. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 10:50 PM »
Yeah, remember back to all of us wondering why they would make the OT C-3PO the exclusive and the TFA version the main line version?  I guess this is why. :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 02:36 PM »
I hit WM this AM and a couple of guys showed up expecting to find Wave 2, said that the store showed them in stock. One of them ran. Yes, RAN to the SW isle. What an ass. I swear the hot wheels guy who shows up every day and makes sure he's at the SW section before me, before looking for his Hot Wheels, was going to start throwing punches. Asshatery at it's finest. I only gleamed bits of the runners conversation with the store clerks which resulted in essentially "we can't find said stock."
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 05:45 PM »
I've seen the running and the cart poaching and case pilfering in my day. I thought those days were long behind us. Most of Target's 40th stock went out the backdoor per Brickpicker. Nothing made it to the shelves.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 11:50 PM »
How can this wave be in stores already? Maybe I'm more annoyed than I should be because I still haven't seen an R2, but wow. The back of the packaging says June release. And why does it have to be Walmart? Ugh.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 1, 2017, 10:06 AM »
West Coasters on Reddit have had lots of success finding Wave 2 at Walgreens. It appears this wave is only hitting California and Washington at the moment.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 2, 2017, 01:32 AM »

I love that they kept the original Death Squad Commander nameplate.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: May 4, 2017, 11:16 PM »
Lots of pre-orders for Wave 2 going up around the net.  If you're going to be buying by the case, please think of your old pal JediDefender and order using our referral link -

Star Wars Black Series 40th Anniversary 6" Figures Wave 2 w/Free Shipping

#ad #sorrynotsorry #tryingtokeepthelightson

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 7, 2017, 03:24 PM »
Sorry Jeff, I wanted to do it but Dorkside was $5 cheaper.

I feel like the Tusken would have been a better choice since you can't really army build the DSC, but I guess since he is in the Lando wave too that makes the DSC a compelling option as well.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 8, 2017, 10:07 AM »
Is it still true that we're going to get the new 6" figures (Jawa, Tusken, DSC) from this wave in normal red boxes later?