Author Topic: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory  (Read 7438 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
« Reply #30 on: June 8, 2005, 07:42 PM »
I don't think I'm going to go see this movie.  It just doesn;t appeal to me like the original does. :-\
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2005, 12:20 PM »
Caught the full length trailer before Herbie this weekend.  Wonka seems a little annoying, we'll see how it actually works on the screen and not in 2 second intervals.  w00t w00t w00t

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Anyone going to check this out this weekend (or has already)?  From what I have read, it seems to be getting pretty favorable reviews...which is a nice sign.  I'd like to go see it, not sure if we'll go this weekend yet or maybe next.  Hopefully its a good one though.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2005, 12:08 AM »
I think they’re trying to make Willy Wonka look tougher by giving him Prince Adam hair.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 12:59 AM by Bob Crane »
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2005, 12:09 AM »
The visuals and stuff in the previews look great...Johnny Depp seems annoying and as such, I'm a little down on this.  My brother saw it today and gave it his personal 2 thumbs up

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2005, 07:30 AM »
I caught it last night and it was pretty good.  I still like the original more, but this one was funny.  I may not care for Depp personally, but he is a great actor.   My wife and I looked at each other at one point and agreed that Depp as Wonka seemed like Depp as Michael Jackson.  He was pale, creepy, weird, had his own amusement park and had a thing for boys.  The comparisons were uncanny. 
 There are some things that were different from the old vmovie and book.    I don't want to spoil anything so I'll not go into specifics.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2005, 12:35 PM »
I laughed my butt off durring this one.

Two thumbs! ;D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2005, 03:58 PM »
It seems creepy and psychotic.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2005, 10:05 AM »
I saw it this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. I think the original had much better characters and story, but this one still worked and worked very well. Depp was very odd, but I think his character was a bit more fleshed out in that the work he had to do at the end took him beyond the level of omnipitant being that Wilder's Wonka was.

The new version held it's own and I'm glad to have seen it. Also, Deep Roy was just a joy to watch. Hard to believe he had to have dancing lessons for the filming.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."