Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 4  (Read 27353 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Star Wars Rebels - Season 4
« on: March 4, 2017, 10:52 AM »
From the Official Site:

STAR WARS REBELS TO RETURN FOR FOURTH SEASON THIS FALL

STAR WARS REBELS // MARCH 3, 2017

THE HIT ANIMATED SERIES' FOURTH SEASON WILL PREMIERE LATER THIS YEAR ON DISNEY XD.
Despite the best efforts of the Grand Inquisitor, Darth Vader, and Grand Admiral Thrawn, the Ghost crew will be back.

Star Wars Rebels is set to return for a fourth season, Lucasfilm announced today, premiering later this year on Disney XD. Production is already underway. Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, programming and general manager, Disney XD said, “The team behind Star Wars Rebels delivers epic storytelling that has captivated fans of all ages across the globe. We’re excited to continue sharing the journey of these fan-favorite rebels with our audience in the fall.”

Star Wars Rebels, set between the events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: A New Hope, features a cast of new heroes and has included Star Wars icons like Darth Vader, Yoda, and Princess Leia, along with fan favorites such as Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex from the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series. The show is currently in the midst of a thrilling third season, which has seen the introduction of the threatening villain Grand Admiral Thrawn, a direct connection to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story with an appearance by Saw Gerrera, and the legendary Maul on a journey for his ultimate revenge. The gifted cast includes Freddie Prinze Jr. as Kanan, Vanessa Marshall as Hera, Steve Blum as Zeb, Tiya Sircar as Sabine, Taylor Gray as Ezra, Dee Bradley Baker as Captain Rex, David Oyelowo as Agent Kallus, Forest Whitaker as Saw Gerrera, Sam Witwer as Maul, Tom Baker as Bendu, and Lars Mikkelsen as Grand Admiral Thrawn. Fans can look forward to more details and an announcement about the exciting fourth season of Star Wars Rebels during Star Wars Celebration in Orlando this April!

So while the Empire probably isn’t too thrilled, we can’t wait for Season Four.

It's interesting to see that Tiya Sircar listed in the cast, but Sabine is missing from the image of the Ghost crew.  But I don't think we've seen the last of her.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 4
« Reply #1 on: March 4, 2017, 11:43 AM »
She's there, between Kanan and Hera, in front of Zeb

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 4, 2017, 11:50 AM »
DOH!  I'm still trying to wake up... even though I got up at 4 AM today.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 4, 2017, 11:51 AM »
DOH!  I'm still trying to wake up... even though I got up at 4 AM today.

No worries.  I missed her the first time, too.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 4, 2017, 11:00 PM »
Plenty of time for people to ask "When are the jedi characters gonna die?"again and again....

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 5, 2017, 09:29 PM »
Great news! Should give them plenty of time to wrap things up satisfactorily on multiple fronts.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 7, 2017, 10:12 AM »
I thought Season 3 was supposed to be the last season.  Am I completely wrong, or did they change their mind and leave it open ended?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 7, 2017, 11:30 AM »
Season 3 was suppose to lead directly into Rogue One but they went a completely different way. Saw was more of stunt than an actual running plot.  We know the Ghost, Chopper and Hera survive into Rogue One time.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2017, 11:31 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 7, 2017, 03:39 PM »
Season 3 was suppose to lead directly into Rogue One but they went a completely different way. Saw was more of stunt than an actual running plot.  We know the Ghost, Chopper and Hera survive into Rogue One time.

I never got the sense that would happen at all.  I certainly didn't think that Season 3 would be the final season in the series.  Yes, there are elements of REBELS that turn up in ROGUE ONE, but they didn't appear in a way that would denote the passage of time except for Hera now being referred to as General Syndulla.

With Saw?  He looked a bit more like he appeared in the flashback scenes of ROGUE ONE.  He didn't have the robotic leg in the Geonosis episode that he had in the Jedha scenes of ROGUE ONE, either.  It would seem Saw has a bit of territory to cover before we see him circa ROGUE ONE.

The key for me in terms of the timeline is Dantooine.  After the events of this past week's episode I got the sense that following Mon Mothma's statement the Rebel Alliance is about to coalesce more formally.  And I suspect that will also lead them to establish a new base of operations on Dantooine.  That seems like it may tie in with this line from ANH that Officer Cass delivers to Tarkin:

"Our scout ships have reached Dantooine. They found the remains of a Rebel base, but they estimate that it has been deserted for some time"

It seems likely to me that the series could still cover another couple of years while the Rebels operate from Dantooine.  At least until they establish the base on Yavin IV.

On a related note?  I've heard rumors that Dave Filoni is now working on developing a new Star Wars animated series.  What it may be or when it might come out is beyond me.  But based on a lot of the BTS video that's been released on the Official Site, it seems like Filoni has taken a step back with his involvement on REBELS.  And that makes me think it's likely that REBELS may have a season or two left before Lucasfilm transitions over to the next animated project.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2017, 03:43 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 09:52 AM »
A new look for Rex?  Or some serious retconning?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:52 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 11:15 AM »
Filoni has been joking about Rex = Sant since at least March 2016

Not sure if this panel reveal means Filoni has finally gotten his way or if this is just his way of trying to get some Rebels buzz going and not be lost in the 40th Anniversay and Last Jedi panels/news avalanche at Celebration. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 12:21 PM »
I can't believe they are one and the same.  Skin tone would be way off.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 12:02 PM »
Ruhk's coming in season 4, voiced by Warwick Davis.\

And Filoni says season 4 is the last season.   :-\
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:05 PM by Scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2017, 01:16 PM »
Let's hope he fulfills his destiny before the next season is over.  ;)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 03:43 PM »
Filoni has been joking about Rex = Sant since at least March 2016

Not sure if this panel reveal means Filoni has finally gotten his way or if this is just his way of trying to get some Rebels buzz going and not be lost in the 40th Anniversay and Last Jedi panels/news avalanche at Celebration. ;)

It is a pretty good joke.  And the resemblance is striking!

It's a little bittersweet that they said this will be the final season.  But I think a lot of people recognized that REBELS would have a finite run.  Especially since some of the events and cast transition into ROGUE ONE.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 04:21 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback