Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 4  (Read 27163 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 4
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2018, 06:19 AM »
"Jedi Night" was a bit of a gut punch.  I was not prepared for that.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2018, 09:40 AM »
Dave Filoni is talking about "Jedi Night" and "Dume" to SyFiWire.  And he's got some interesting layers to add to the story that might not have been so obvious on the first viewing.

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2018, 07:07 PM »

Same here. This was a very good episode.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2018, 03:49 PM »

*trying to avoid spoilers for those who care*

My kids kept asking me, "did that really just happen?  Did it? Did it?"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2018, 03:48 PM »
Wait... they got Malcolm McDowell to voice a character?  FOR REAL?!?!

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2018, 11:04 PM »
There was a lot going on in these episodes.  Definitely worth a re-watch.

Hell, I need to go back to Season 2 and Clone Wars! 
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2018, 11:43 PM »
I guess we learned the fate of one character that was left ambiguously unanswered.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2018, 07:28 AM »
There was a ton happening in these episodes.  Learning the fate of a key character was huge.  The guest voice actors were amazing.  And there was even foreshadowing of the excavation on Lothal storyline going back to season 2.

I can't believe next week is the series finale.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:29 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 6, 2018, 12:59 AM »
Haven't had a ton of time to digest. Overall pretty nice ending. Was caught off guard by how much info we got in the epilogue about who survived after ROTJ.

So that being said, and forgive my rant in advance, why does Disney have to s&$t on beloved "Legends" stuff. Even haters of EU love Zahn's books. Why mess with Thrawn's stuff. Rukh kills him for screwing his species. Giant Force Whales do not take him away. I take this too seriously but man I'm annoyed.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2018, 01:01 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 6, 2018, 11:19 AM »
Haven't had a ton of time to digest. Overall pretty nice ending. Was caught off guard by how much info we got in the epilogue about who survived after ROTJ.

An interesting ending and I liked the epilogue... but the epilogue brought up some questions... namely Jacen Syndulla (which we assume would be Kanan's son, but they only admitted to liking each other just before he was killed (or did they have a moment but hadn't said the three words yet?  Don't remember).  I expected him to be older, but now that I think about it, if Jacen is 7, then that's probably right if it's after the Battle of Endor.  I guess I would have expected him to have lekku instead of looking completely human (not the dominant gene).

Ezra and Thrawn.  The ending is left ambiguous but I think Filoni has said they are still alive.  I am rather surprised by this just because I would assume they were in deep space/lack of oxygen would kill them (not that it bothered Leia much), but... suspension of disbelief.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #70 on: March 6, 2018, 11:30 AM »
The only thing I don't like about the ending is Thrawn being taken away like that.  Although, if it hadn't happened that way, I think Thrawn would have just retaken Lothal, so file this under minor gripe.  I'm curious if the next Thrawn novel will touch on any of this....doubtful because I think it happens before his appearance on Rebels.

I liked the Governor Price character...especially after reading the lates Thrawn novel....so he end was quite satisfying.

I really liked the reconciliation for Kallus and Zeb's people....a nice end to his story.

I am kinda mixed on Ezra's "end".  I doubt he could be found since Luke is supposed to be the last of the Jedi...but I guess there could be some reconciliation to his story between ROTJ and TFA.  I liked the little shot of Ahsoka with Sabine at the end going to search for him.

Overall, I enjoyed it.  A nice finish to the series and I'm looking forward to what's next.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 6, 2018, 12:23 PM »
I agree, Matt.  I thought it was a bad "end" for Thrawn.  I kind of felt like the writers didn't know how to make a good enough fate for Thrawn since he's so awesome a villain and "Rebels" is a kids show... so they let the space whales take him away.  Perhaps this allows for him to come back from wherever it is they were sent in a later series (isn't Filoni working on a new project?)

As for Ezra, I'm guessing that Ahsoka will find him and train him to be a gray Jedi (or whatever she is), so it would be somewhat different than Luke's position with the Force/Jedi relationship.  Wherever Ezra's gone, I would think he'd have to be far enough that Palpatine can't sense him or Ezra isn't as powerful as Luke otherwise I'd think we'd find Palpatine would be looking for Ezra too.

Oh! Forget to add about the Royal Guards cameo and the use of Force Pikes.  That was pretty cool.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 6, 2018, 05:38 PM »
SPOILERS......

I thought the finale was pretty good, and I'm going to miss the show. Much like Clone Wars, I thought it got better as it went along. If you watch the Rebels Recon for this week, Filoni actually confirms that Ezra and Thrawn both survived the end.

I'm really curious to see what's next. It has been a lot of fun watching this with our daughter the past four seasons, and I hope a new animated show isn't far off. I know there were rumors of a sequel trilogy time framed series. I'd really like to see a post-ROTJ series, if they were allowed to cover that time. Carry through some of these characters from CW, Rebels, and maybe some of the OT cast shows up as well.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 6, 2018, 06:10 PM »
They also offed Captain Pellaeon in a throw away line.

I liked the ending. I was like WTF at Jacen Syndulla.

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 6, 2018, 06:59 PM »
Question: Sabine says Jacen Syndulla likes to fly like his father.  Was Kanan really that big into flying?