Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 4  (Read 27172 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 4
« Reply #75 on: March 6, 2018, 08:19 PM »
They also offed Captain Pellaeon in a throw away line.

I liked the ending. I was like WTF at Jacen Syndulla.

I wasn't sure if that was Pellaeon biting it. I can feel my anger growing again. And I didn't mention Rukh, which was kinda secondary to Thrawn. Weak Disney!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #76 on: March 7, 2018, 02:19 PM »
I did like the Palleon call out.

Also, remember that the only canon Thrawn material are the two latest novels and the Rebels TV show.  Seeing Ruhk was a bonus, but he doesn't have to act exactly like the Heir to the Empire novels (as much as I love those)....I still want the Noghri to be more cat-like and wear red robes dammit!  :D

One thing about the Thrawn novel is that he's not as ruthless as portrayed in Rebels....he's actually the Hero to some degree.  I really like that portrayal too.  I'm curious to see what the next novel will tell us about him, and I'm curious what future TV shows will give us in regards to Thrawn, Ezra, Ahsoka and Sabine.....Filoni has stated Ezra and Thrawn did survive.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 7, 2018, 02:40 PM »
I get Zahn is not canon. Doesn't mean you have to "change" it. I feel slapped in the face. Yes that's hyperbole.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 7, 2018, 02:52 PM »
Change post OT. You spent $4 billion. Delete EU characters. But if you use EU don't alter a beloved character. And yes this is very personal to me so take it with a grain of salt
« Last Edit: March 7, 2018, 02:53 PM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 7, 2018, 06:30 PM »
Considering that we're supposed to be in the Snowpocalypse here in NJ today, I was finally able to watch the DVR's episodes.

Losing Kanan was tough, without a doubt.  But it was also an exercise in sacrifice that set Ezra on a path where he knew that things might not go as well as he might hope.  But it was interesting to see how the focus of the crew of the Ghost shifted over the course of the series.  It all started on Lothal.  Eventually in ventured beyond and we got to see them in the context of the Rebel Alliance.  But it was good to see them return to the location that started it all, and an attempt to free Lothal from the Empire.

I have to say, I was really taken with the scenes between Ezra and the Emporer.  Despite the events of "Wolves and a door", it seems like access to a portal might still have been possible.  And it was equally unnerving to see the Emporer attempting to disguise himself with the more benign appearance.  But when Ezra defied him and he reverted to his Darth Sidious likeness?  That was great.  As was the appearance of the Royal Guards!  I was not expecting to see them, let alone them using their force pikes against Ezra.

The ending was a clear example of Ezra learning sacrifice from Kanan.  But having heard Filoni say that Ezra and Thrawn are both alive?  Who knows what to think.

I was left wondering what might happen with Ahsoka and Sabine.  There have been rumblings about an Ahsoka live action movie.  I wonder if it's a real possibility now?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #80 on: March 7, 2018, 09:30 PM »
I'd LOVE to see Ahsoka live action or otherwise. I have so many questions about her and her journey. I keep expecting her to either depart the saga for good, or intersect with the majors in some way and I don't think either is going to happen. At least not in ways I expect. Her searching for Ezra though, and his survival opens a huge potential for an entire offshoot branch of the Jedi Order from Luke's/Rey's that could portend some very interesting stuff if they want to have some fun.

Regarding Pellaeon, there is hope for him it seems:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/that-fan-favorite-eu-character-name-dropped-on-star-war-1823592926

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2018, 11:02 PM »
I had to watch the epilogue a couple of times to get it all.

I’m not sure that I like the thought of Ahsoka clearly being alive, or even Filoni saying Thrawn and Ezra are still alive.

I struggled a bit with the Zahn Trilogy being cast aside.  I expected Ruhk to live and Thrawn to escape so the trilogy could happen, but I guess the whole Luke / Mara Jade stuff obviously can’t happen.

I feel with Ahsoka still being alive it kind of cheapens the whole Luke / Yoda - that boy is our last hope, no there is another, his sister bit.  Hell, if Ahsoka is still alive she has some skills too and could maybe take down Vader and the Emperor.

Unless they’ve got plans for Ahsoka and Ezra in an upcoming series (live action TV), I would have preferred to have them to be assumed dead.

Ultimately the kids and I really liked the series and they were bummed it was coming to an end.  Hopefully they get something else ramped up for the fall.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2018, 09:47 PM »
Question: Sabine says Jacen Syndulla likes to fly like his father.  Was Kanan really that big into flying?

He's not the daddy! Wedge is! LOLZ.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2018, 04:55 PM »
Finally watched all of Season 4 on DVD over the past couple days.  Overall it was good, but I wasn’t sure what to make of the whole Ashoka alive thing at the end like others noted above.  Plus the whole Ezra and Thrawn gonoff with the hyper space whales thing.  And I’m guessing Hera’s kid was by her and Kanan (or a leprechaun :P ).  Still, I liked the tie-ins with Rogue One and was glad Rebels at least got an ending!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D