Author Topic: Meson Martinet – Captain Sidon Ithano’s ship  (Read 12129 times)

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
Meson Martinet – Captain Sidon Ithano’s ship
« on: March 22, 2017, 03:39 PM »
I am looking for more details on this ship than what is present in the links below. Has anyone seen anything in the bluray extras or elsewhere?

I am considering making a toy of the ship, but I need better images. Everything so far is so sparse that I don’t even know where the cockpit sits.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Meson_Martinet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR_tigu_O1c
Macklunkey!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Meson Martinet – Captain Sidon Ithano’s ship
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 01:03 AM »
In-depth EU stuff like ship deck plans and such, that seems to be more old school LFL and new (IE: Disney) school LFL doesn't delve so much into everyone in the background and their ships and whatnot.  Of course the movie's not that old, and all the licensees move right onto the next thing and stuff, just like the toy line and stuff.  No moss growing under anyone.  So something more detailed is possible, but right now there's so little on any of the new film's characters, vehicles, etc.  It's really a huge difference between now and the prequals in that regard.

Assuming someday Star Wars slows down again, I can see them going back through many things and taking a microscope to this or that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 09:32 AM »
This is a tough one.  And with movies coming at the pace that they are, the opportunities for reference books like the Incredible Cross Sections to take a deep dive with starship's like the Meson Martinet just don't seem to be there right now.  As it was, that ship just seemed like a very basic set: a bulkhead with a hatch and the loading ramp, with little else.  We never saw the entire ship.  I'm wondering if there might be something in The Art of The Force Awakens?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 04:55 PM »
This is a tough one.  And with movies coming at the pace that they are, the opportunities for reference books like the Incredible Cross Sections to take a deep dive with starship's like the Meson Martinet just don't seem to be there right now.  As it was, that ship just seemed like a very basic set: a bulkhead with a hatch and the loading ramp, with little else.  We never saw the entire ship.  I'm wondering if there might be something in The Art of The Force Awakens?

I'm pretty sure I scored that whole book, and the TFA cross sections book too. No luck.

I'm hoping the X-wing miniatures game might bust this mystery wide open by releasing a game version of this ship. I don't play the game, but love the rare ships!
Macklunkey!

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 03:48 PM »
I finally have an answer thanks to Resistance.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Meson_Martinet
Macklunkey!