Author Topic: 6" Black Series Rey with Speeder  (Read 5002 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
6" Black Series Rey with Speeder
« on: April 11, 2017, 10:47 AM »
I saw this was revealed today.  I can't figure out how to attach pics, so I'll let Jeff or someone else do that.

A new Rey, but in her scavenger gear.  They both look nice, but I'd only want Rey.  Hopefully she won't be exclusive to this vehicle release.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/reys-force-awakens-speeder-is-getting-the-gorgeous-toy-1794208114

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:04 AM by Jeff »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 6" Black Series Rey with Speeder
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 11:18 AM »
It's amazing (and overdue) but $60? It's bigger than the speeder bike obviously but man. I just don't know if there is a market for this kind of thing. The last deluxe assortment struggled at $40. The 12 inch ML figures are rotting on clearance. I hope it does well because I'd love to see a Landspeeder and some more beasts. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Landspeeder this weekend actually. Great Rey figure. Probably the base for the Resistance / Ach-To Rey we'll get in wave one of TLJ.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 01:25 PM »
I understand the desire to stay focused on sequel trilogy characters like Rey, but this just screams of shelf warmer, unless the run is limited (exclusive to a retailer).  If Scout Troopers and a Speeder Bike @ $40 sat, this is going to be a disaster.

I'm guessing a Landspeeder would be more than $50, but I would have much preferred a Sandtrooper and Dewback in the $40/$50 range.

That being said, I think this looks sharp and I'll definitely pick this up.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 04:10 PM by Dave »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 02:59 PM »
I like it! The Rey speeder was the only TFA vehicle I bought, primarily because it was to scale with the 4 inch figures. Of course I'll probably toss the Rey aside and use the MAFEX Rey with the speeder. :P

But I agree, I could easily see this pegwarming, especially as we move to Last Jedi and "new" Rey merchandise. This would have FLOWN off the shelves had they done this instead of the giant First Order TIE Fighter
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 03:53 PM »
Of course I'll probably toss the Rey aside and use the MAFEX Rey with the speeder. :P

I'd only want Rey. 

Keep me in mind then.  We can split the cost.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 05:09 PM »
It's a good choice for this line.  But I agree that $60 is pushing what customers will pay.  $40 for deluxe sets like Jabba as well as the Imperial speeder bike and Scout Trooper was reasonable.  But seeing how the pricing has been on Black Series multipacks?  The 2-packs were $40 and 3-packs were $60.  Does Hasbro regard the speeder as being the equivalent of two figures?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 08:28 PM »
Pricing aside, this thing looks all kinds of awesome, and I can't wait to get one! The soft goods appear to work really well for this figure too.

Is there a new face under the hood? Or maybe an alternate head? (He asked foolishly)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 12:28 AM »
It's a good choice for this line.  But I agree that $60 is pushing what customers will pay.  $40 for deluxe sets like Jabba as well as the Imperial speeder bike and Scout Trooper was reasonable.  But seeing how the pricing has been on Black Series multipacks?  The 2-packs were $40 and 3-packs were $60.  Does Hasbro regard the speeder as being the equivalent of two figures?

I'm looking at it this way:

- $25 for the figure (Hasbro wants to up prices, plus there are a ton of soft goods on the Rey)
- $25 for the vehicle
- $10 Rights Fees/Disney Tax
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 10:50 AM »
I'm looking at it this way:
  • Basic Black Series are down to $10 at Walmart right now
  • Almost everything from the Black Series has gone on Clearance at some point (definitely anything more than a basic figure)
  • Love this and the Landspeeder, but will be waiting to get them in the $25-30 range
;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 01:26 PM »
I think they must calculate that the speeder is equivalent to the same amount of plastic as two figures. So they arrive at $60 like that Target 3-pack.

At least EE didn't get it or it would have been $80.  :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 01:33 PM »
I read through the article again.  Hasbro seems to be trying to put more detail into the speeder that they might have with the Imperial speeder bike.  At least so they're able to justify the increased cost.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 01:33 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 06:14 PM »
So happy they are making this, if for no other reason than our daughter is over the moon excited for it. I hope this line can continue on with a few new releases each year between beasties and smaller vehicles. Looks pretty great.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #12 on: June 9, 2017, 04:01 PM »
Posted this earlier today

Rey with Jakku Speeder
Target DPCI: 087-06-9279
MSRP: $59.99
STREET DATE: 9/1
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 1, 2017, 01:46 PM »
Picked up Rey's Speeder Friday morning at Target and opened it that evening.  This is a fantastic vehicle!  Lots of opening and removable panels on the speeder to expose the engine details.  The fit pedals and control sticks move, the flaps by the exhaust nacelles are adjustable.  Lots of small details and weathering too.  The real cargo net is a nice touch and the junk piece secures nicely to the side of the vehicle with some pegs.  A little better painting on the junk would have made the parts stand out more, but it's still ok.  The Rey figure is nice as well, but unfortunately the headgear is not completely removable...  But as I have the other 6" Rey figures w/o headgear, it is no big deal.  Thanks to the figure's articulation, it can be made to sit realistically on the vehicle.  While this was a relatively minor vehicle in TFA, this speeder is a beautiful display piece and definitely worth getting!
« Last Edit: September 2, 2017, 03:23 PM by tmanthegreat »
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 07:42 PM »
I found a few of these and the Landspeeder sets on the clearance aisle at Walmart for $45.  :)

I ended up buying another Rey set because the one I got on FF had an ugly paint splotch on her goggles. Agree with tman, this is a great set! They really added a lot of nice detail and it doesn't feel like they cut any corners on the size.

My only gripe is that I can't get both feet on the pedals at the same time, but it's not a big deal as she can still sit ok.

I think these kinds of sets are my favorite things in this line. So cool!