Author Topic: 6" Black Series Rey with Speeder  (Read 4998 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 6" Black Series Rey with Speeder
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 01:56 PM »
Anybody buying these?

Seems with the discounts the future for more vehicles like this is probably limited. Were there any people were looking for? I know the Dewback is coming (well, we'll see) but beyond him... I would have thought the Snowspeeder and maybe even the A-Wing were possibilities. Both obviously a little larger. Probe Droid. Any number of CW / PT speeder bikes but I think the market on those is pretty limited.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 07:40 PM »
I picked up Luke's Landspeeder for myself and Rey's speeder for our daughter (for Christmas), and I think they are very well done. Obviously it would have been better to wait with the discounts, but oh well. Honestly these aren't really around here much. Target hasn't had these since the opening weekend, same for TRU, and I haven't really visited Wal-Mart for awhile.

I'd like to see more as well, like the ones you mentioned, and I even sort of held out hope for something like the Falcon cockpit, sort of like we saw once in Hot Toys (at least as a prototype). "Part" of a ship might be a tough sell though.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2017, 08:36 PM »
I'd like to, but the scale makes it hard with limited display space.  I would like the Rey figure though so I may buy it.

I'm honestly surprised we haven't got the re-release of the speeder bikes with Endor Luke and Leia yet.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 09:50 PM »
I bought them both Day One, then again when they hit $30 at one of the Walmarts here. They are both excellent toys. I don't think the fact that they hit clearance rapidly at one retail chain is necessarily indicative of the fact that they didn't do well. I think it's more a function of the real estate they command on the toy aisle and the fact that a lot of stores didn't have a place for these on the latest planogram so by default they ended up in the clearance aisle after they dismantled those large pop displays.

They seemed to sell through pretty quickly here at most places. I don't know that I've seen any get restocked either, so maybe they had smaller production runs on these as well.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 09:02 AM »
I picked this up in the clearance aisle at WalMart.  I was really surprised to see WalMart already relegating this and the landspeeder to clearance.  But maybe they just weren't moving?  I picked up the Rey speeder for $45.

When these speeders were announced I had some concerns because of the higher price.  The previous Black Series deluxe sets had sold for $40 each.  Going up to $60 might be a stretch, although I think we're getting a bit more vehicle than we had before with the Imperial Scout Trooper and speeder bike.  A $49.99 MSRP might not have caused quite so much sticker shock. 

And I also think that Hasbro may have bitten the hand that feeds them with the landspeeder exclusive.  Why would people want to buy the general release version of the landspeeder if they had already gotten the SDCC/Hascon version from Hasbro Toy Shop?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 12:08 PM »
I have the Luke Landspeeder and plan on getting the Rey Speeder soon. I love the landspeeder, it's a great mini vehicle, and the $45 I paid was well worth it.

Problem here is that Walmart is the only place stocking these, and even then, it's only about 1 of every 3 Walmarts that have them (any WM that put out the big mid-aisle display has them, WMs that did not do not have them). I have yet to see these at a Target or TRU. Oddly enough, I have only seen the Centerpiece sets at Target.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 12:09 AM »
I finally bit on this one today for $38 on Amazon. This line has completely vanished from my local stores (only Walmart ever stocked them) and I was scared I'd never get one at a decent price
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks