Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront II (not to be confused with Star Wars: Battlefront II)  (Read 15274 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
. . .is a thing that is happening. Trailer officially releases this weekend, but it already kind of leaked today. Looks like it will cover all three trilogy eras.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Trailer looks good, but given the colossal pile of you-know-what that the first one was, I'll wait to see if they actually added the stuff the fans were asking for.

And, for your entertainment, dank memes!

http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
The last gaming platform that I bought was either my PS2 or the first X-Box.  But after seeing this? Battlefront II trailer.  Damn!  I may have to scope out whatever platform my nephews have when I see them tomorrow for Easter and "gift" them a copy...
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Won't be duped again.  BF sucked hard.  It's a weak ass excuse for a shooter in a sea of shooters.

Visually, it's stunning.  Game play is crap though, and it's as unbalanced a FPS as I've ever played.  Such potential pissed away because they really put zero imagination into the weaponry and some of the other details like that.

That said, if they do a good SP campaign (ala Titanfall 2!  That thing is incredible and was shadowed only because it came out with like 3 other major games at the same time), I'll come back...  but on sale.  I'm recooping some of my lost $ from the last game. 

BF was visually fun though.  Lots of inspiration for customizing in a weird way.  The game is trash though.  The older BF's were far superior.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
They lost me at EA.  :-\
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Haha!  Haters gonna hate.  I'm still playing BF and loving every minute of it.  It's probably weak compared to other similar games, but for infrequent gamers like me it still rules.  I don't need a ton of complexity in a game to make it fun, but hoping this next one is a better fit for everyone.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
I'd say what I didn't like about it would make it far superior for infrequent gamers actually.  I found it actually annoying from that perspective as I really cannot game like I did years ago. :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
I'm not sure what you mean...  ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
The games balance is off, comparatively speaking.  Games like Titanfall you can dive into and not be good at them but still be competitive.  BF was all kinds of imbalanced to me.  The kids were home when I got it and they're pretty much experts at CoD and such and they were absolutely destroying people in BF.

They could've alleviated a lot of that with a little more creativity on the weapons and some customizability to them, and to the characters individually so a player could balance their character to their own strengths.  It lacked that a lot.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
I think it would be interesting to hear a story about what happen to the ground imperial troops when the second Death Star was destroyed. I assume they were rounded up by the Alliance. I wonder if they ever found out that the Emporer was going to nuke the shield generator site per the cut scenes.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Holy crap you little fireball you're back from the dead?  I agree it looks awesome

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Yeah! I've been really busy. Bought a house, got a dog, working two jobs, going to school, and I'm in seminary. But my love for Star Wars has not slackened. Matter of fact, I'm hoping to join the 501st Legion by the end of the year.

Here's some gameplay footage from E3. This reminds me of the original Battlefront 2, which is a good thing. I'm most concerned about seeing if EA is going to do something about the hacking problems we have on the PC. 75% of the matches I have played have had a hacker, or even more than one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46DKZdVxFH4&t=166s

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
I like the trailer.  I hope the space battle levels will be good.  I'm taking a wait and see approach to this game.

The EA in the title has me worried.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
I don't see myself pre-ordering. I definitely see no incentive for preordering the $80 deluxe edition, if all they're offering is early unlocks.