Author Topic: 6" Black Series Landspeeder with Luke  (Read 3789 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
6" Black Series Landspeeder with Luke
« on: April 12, 2017, 10:36 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Landspeeder with Luke
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 10:46 AM »
Love the landspeeder, less keen on another farmboy Luke so soon after the first.  Where's my Bespin Han, Cantina Aliens, or the remaining Bounty Hunters?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 11:10 AM »
That must not be to scale.  It doesn't look like you could fit Obi-Wan in the cockpit too, or have R2 and C-3PO sit on the back.

Very cool though.  I'll definitely pick this up for $60.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 11:11 AM by Dave »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 11:17 AM »
I think it's pretty close.  That second shot is just a perspective issue.  I'd be really surprised if you couldn't fit all four figures on there (though Threepio always looks awkward on the back).
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 11:57 AM »
Looks great. I think it seems a little small too, but could be the angle of the pics.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 11:58 AM »
Now THIS is what the vehicle line in the 6" Black Series is really ideal for.  These smaller speeder vehicles work in this scale.  The timing of the first Farmboy Luke, followed by the 40AC carded version and now THIS version does seem a little poorly planned, though.

I'm also sensing a bit of a theme here.  I wonder if there might be a PT era offering next?  Like Anakin on the Tatooine swoop bike from AOTC?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 11:58 AM »
Oooh, yes, this is a must buy. Remains to be seen if this new Luke headsculpt is better than the original.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 12:20 PM »
I'm also sensing a bit of a theme here.  I wonder if there might be a PT era offering next?  Like Anakin on the Tatooine swoop bike from AOTC?

What would be your choice of figure and small vehicle for the PT?

Bongo with Jar Jar, or Qui-Gon, or Anakin?
Swoop bike with Anakin?
Speeder bike and Count Dooku?
Speeder bike and Maul?
Eopie with Padme or Anakin?
Obi-Wan and Varactyl?
General Grievous and Wheel Bike?
AOTC airspeeder and Anakin or Obi-Wan?

Not sure I can think of a clear choice.  A Bongo or Varactyl might be neat.  We don't have Grievous yet, so a wheel bike with him might be a good pair.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 12:33 PM »
Based on what they've done here?  We've already gotten similar versions of both Rey and Luke to the ones included in these vehicle sets.  It almost makes me think that it would be a previously released figure with that vehicle, like Darth Maul with his Bloodfin speeder, or ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi with Boga.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 01:22 PM »
The press releases have been vague about the sales channels for these items.

Anybody hear anything definitive on if these are normal retail items, or if they will only be available through certain sales channels?

I'd love to see Hasbro do what Lego does, and offer retailers exclusives, but also offer them through their direct (Lego.com / HasbroToyShop.com) sales channels for those who cannot find them at retail.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 01:23 PM »
I was just debating with a friend earlier today which figure would make the most sense to pack in with a landspeeder. Unfortunately everyone even remotely related to the thing onscreen has been done, even the Sandtroopers and handsy Jawa (on the way).

The best thing about this Luke is the extra gear he comes with that the first one should have had. (Although I still don't see the grappling hook on his belt, sigh) Sure looks to be a new head sculpt too.

I agree this is exactly the kind of stuff they should be doing for vehicles. Must buy for me!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 02:40 PM »
Darth Maul on his Sith Speeder would be the hands on PT favorite. It would be a little small relative to these, but would satisfy the demand for more Maul. A Freeco Speeder with a Cold Weather Phase I Clone would flip my lid though.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 03:45 PM »
Anybody hear anything definitive on if these are normal retail items, or if they will only be available through certain sales channels?

The Rey Speeder and Landspeeder should be normal (non-exclusive) retail items available in the Fall (probably in the same assortment, though not clear if they will ship in the same case/wave).

There are still plenty of rumors that the Landspeeder could be making it's debut sooner than the Fall...  considering the last few SDCC exclusives were standard Fall items released early in special packaging, might be interesting to see the Landspeeder offered in a Vintage Kenner-style box as a 2017 SDCC exclusive? 

Guess we wait to see if that rumor pans out or if the SDCC exclusive is actually something else...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 06:07 PM »
I'm really glad they are trying this with slightly larger, deluxe-type items. I think the TIE maybe showed that there is a too large/too expensive line with Black Series. Personally I really liked the Taun Taun, Wampa, and Jabba and these two speeders were the top of my want list. Still wouldn't mind seeing them do a Falcon cockpit, but that might be wishful thinking. The speeder and Luke both look great.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 04:27 PM »
My next choice would be a Sandtrooper/Dewback, which I'm a little surprised we haven't already seen given the plethora of Sandtroopers in a comparably small lineup.