Collectibles > Disney Parks Droid Factory

2017 Droid Factory R5-D23 (D23 Convention)

(1/2) > >>

Jeff:
Disney has gone plain DROID CRAZY... lots of announcements at Celebration today.

Another D-23 droid...

Pete_Fett:
A nice companion to the R4-D23 droid. I guess this means there is a chance we will eventually see R6-D23 through R9-D23, plus an R0-D23. The thing is out of all of the reveals at their panel, I felt this one was the most "blah" as it was nothing really "new" other than the D23 color scheme applied to an R5.

Phrubruh:
So did anyone ever pick up this droid at D23 a couple of weeks ago?

Jesse James:
In a strange twist of luck, our old owner and buddy Paul was there and picked up one for me and some for other people.  The day he was getting them I believe they were 1 to a badge or something?  Not sure.  He had his family with him and I think he helped some others out too. 

Last year I got one on eBay for $20 which I thought was fair for sure.  I can't say it was "hard to get" then but a rare moment I went to after market for something.

I got my droid this week and I love it.  A funky deco, and a fine addition to my droid gang.

I love the special ones they do.  I'm really hoping Chopper gets some repaints because I need some CH droid diversity!

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on July 28, 2017, 01:27 PM ---In a strange twist of luck, our old owner and buddy Paul was there and picked up one for me and some for other people.
--- End quote ---

Took a little bit longer to get here than Jesse's did thanks to a small shipping mix-up, but I finally got my hands on R5-D23, also courtesy of former JediDefender owner Paul.

This deco has grown on me quite a bit in person. Grabbing the build-a-droid concept and running with it is probably one of the best decisions Disney ever made - can't imagine how may droids they have sold because of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version