Author Topic: The Vintage Collection Returns - Spring 2018  (Read 29522 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: The Vintage Collection Returns - Spring 2018
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2017, 06:26 PM »
For me a real milestone will be achieved when/if we see all the original 93 issued on the new vintage cards. I know we have a bit to go, but it's something I'd love to see happen. That said, I'm happy to get whatever Hasbro has to offer on what are arguably the best card designs ever made for action figures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2017, 03:10 PM »
I'm just happy to have a widespread, SA 3.75 inch line again. The fact that it will only be a handful of figures each year somehow makes it even better, as I have about 5 years worth of carded stuff just in rubber bins because I have no space for it (in addition to the money aspect).

Honestly the worst repack in that wave is the Kylo. Rey is an awesome figure with a ton of accessories, and I'd LOVE to pick up some First Order Stormtroopers with good paintjobs (all of mine are flawed in some way). Plus the Rogue One stuff hardly hit here. I'd like some Scarif troopers, as it's the only one I didn't find, but I've wanted some extra Jyns and Cassians for customizing purposes.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2018, 10:32 AM »
With Toy Fair about a month away, it seems like a good time to dust this off.  I imagine we're going to get a better picture of what the first wave of the relaunched TVC line will consist of.  So far we've seen or heard of the following figures being revealed:

-Rey (The Force Awakens) 3.75" TBS REISSUE
-Kylo Ren (The Force Awakens) 3.75" TBS REISSUE
-Jyn Erso (Rogue One) 3.75" TBS REISSUE
-Cassian Andor (Rogue One) 3.75" TBS REISSUE
-Death Trooper (Rogue One) 3.75" TBS REISSUE
-Hoth Rebel Trooper (The Empire Strikes Back) THE LEGACY COLLECTION REISSUE
-Supreme Leader Snoke (The Last Jedi)
-Imperial Tank Driver (Rogue One)

I can't imagine that these are all going to be jammed into the same wave, and that there are going to be some new reveals.  I'm not crazy about all of the reissues and I have concerns in that area that those reissues will slow down the flow of new figures.  But if the TLJ line is an indication, Rey and Kylo Ren figures seem to be selling through.  So maybe they're not going to cause the logjam that I'm concerned about.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2018, 10:42 AM »
Assuming they don't way overproduce this first batch, the only ones I'm really worried about collecting dust are Jyn and Cassian.  I think the rest should sell through reasonably well, and hopefully all these repacks get spaced out in a couple of waves that are also mixed with all new figures.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2018, 11:12 AM »
I think Jyn might struggle, since she saw pretty decent distribution and isn't as popular as the others. And honestly Snoke, who doesn't appear to be of interest to anyone. His six inch figure is already backing up here, along with the Funko POP. But they're all on the vintage card, which is the real draw. Otherwise I think they'll be fine.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2018, 01:21 PM »
Jyn is a point of concern.  I get that.  But I think if you put together a loosely themed ROGUE ONE wave you need a hero character in that wave.  If I had my way I'd prefer to get an SA/Vintage Collection version of Jyn from Jedha.  The TBS 3.75" figure seems more specific to the initial Yavin IV briefing and later in the movie on Scarif, when she was in the storage area of the archives and at the transmission tower.  But it seems like Hasbro wants to get their moneys worth out of the 3.75" TBS version before they move onto another version.  FWIW, Jyn seemed to sell reasonably well in my region.  She certainly didn't pegwarm like TFA Han and Leia.

As for ANY 3.75" version of Snoke?  I'm reserving judgement because we just haven't seen one at retail outside of the playset yet.  I think there's a different customer segment for the 6" figures, and the 6" TBS figure wave with Snoke seems a little odd, especially since there's been so much hyper amongst collectors about Jaina Solo.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2018, 02:57 PM »
So far we've seen or heard of the following figures being revealed:

TFA First Order Stormtrooper is also confirmed.  And Aphra of course, but she'll be out later in the line.

hopefully all these repacks get spaced out in a couple of waves that are also mixed with all new figures.

Hasbro is already on record saying we'll have to eat a lot of repacks at first to get the line off the ground, so expect heavy repack loads up front so they can 'bank' money to justify the new sculpts (just like they did with the Walmart stuff).

It's all subject to change for sure, but the last definitive word I saw was back in September at Hascon where Hasbro said Wave 1 was TFA Rey, TFA Kylo, TFA FO Stormtrooper, Jyn, Hoth Trooper, and TLJ Snoke. (5 repacks; 1 new).

Snoke, who doesn't appear to be of interest to anyone. His six inch figure is already backing up here
the 6" TBS figure wave with Snoke seems a little odd, especially since there's been so much hyper amongst collectors about Jaina Solo.

Yeah, part of that is the decision to put out a single box version after a lot of collectors already grabbed the deluxe w/throne version...  and saw that he was pointless in the movie/trilogy basically.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2018, 05:21 PM »
For me a real milestone will be achieved when/if we see all the original 93 issued on the new vintage cards. I know we have a bit to go, but it's something I'd love to see happen. That said, I'm happy to get whatever Hasbro has to offer on what are arguably the best card designs ever made for action figures.

93 or 96?  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2018, 11:07 AM »
Any guesses on who the other new figures will be? I think there's five or six slots unaccounted for. I expect it will be:

Rey (Jedi Training)
Luke (Crait or Jedi Exile)
Han Solo (...Solo)
Someone else from Solo
Praetorian Guard (Variant Helmet)
General Merrick - unless he comes with an X-Wing.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2018, 11:21 AM »
Praetorian Guard (Variant Helmet)

Hopefully they release the first release as well.  I still haven't seen that one.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2018, 12:11 PM »
Any guesses on who the other new figures will be?

Here are my guesses for the new figures we get in 2018:

Snoke (TLJ)
Imperial Tank Driver (Rogue One)
Rey (TLJ)
Han Solo (Solo)
Chewbacca (Solo)
Stormtrooper (Solo/RO)
Yakface
SWEU Doctor Aphra

Based on recent line history, I'm thinking there must be another new female coming if Aphra doesn't make it into 2018 waves.  I would not be surprised to see Qi'Ra (Solo) possibly too...  but I guess they could fill the female slots with repacks (like they are doing in Wave 1 with Jyn).

There will probably be a Vader in there too.  There were rumors of Hasbro scaling down the newest 6" vader for TVC, but they could easily just rerelease an older Vader too.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2018, 12:43 PM »
Forgot about them mentioning the Stormtrooper and Vader. Yeah those for sure. Hmm. I'd be shocked if there's not a Luke, but then I was shocked we didn't get TFA Luke until the next movie. >.>

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2018, 12:59 PM »
I agree that there's probably only going to be 3 or 4 figures from SOLO in the 2018 TVC lineup.  And they probably won't be released until the 5 POA versions of those figures have had at least 6 weeks at retail.  The classic double-dip formula, as always.  So if the line for SOLO launches in April, I would expect some TVC SOLO offerings around June.  But Han, Chewbacca and the Rangetrooper seem like easy picks.

It's kind of difficult to suss out what's going to be in this line.  Mostly because the new entertainment offers up so many options.  But one character that seems tailor made for this line?  Chirrut Imwe from Rogue One!  A super-poseable version of Chirrut seems like a real no-brainer, especially when you take into account his scene on Jedha where he took on the Stormtroopers. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 12:59 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2018, 01:08 PM »
Is this the part where TVC figures start being available outside of Walmart?  I'm really hoping to grab a few Tank Drivers, but that Walmart business was impossible...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2018, 01:11 PM »
Yeah.  The 3.75" TBS line that was exclusive to WalMart will be ending, and the TVC relaunch will be a general release line.  They're even going to pick up the numbering where the TVC line left off when it ended around 2012.

Feedback