Author Topic: The Vintage Collection Returns - Spring 2018  (Read 29528 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: The Vintage Collection Returns - Spring 2018
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 10:14 PM »
I agree with the thoughts on price.  It'll be really interesting to see what the return of TVC is going to cost us.  $13 like carded 3.75" Black Series line was?  More to give us quality we want?  Less due to volume potential?  Will the line continue to be 50% repacks in order to make the $ work?  Wait and see, I guess...

Time to bring back the wish lists?

Probably next summer after we get a look at some of the stuff coming in 2018 and see if anything that is coming will actually let us cross off figure wants from the 2013 lists. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 10:34 PM »
I was hoping this would happen around the TLJ release, but oh well. Gives WM time to clear out that backstock of 4" Black Series.

Man, I'm stoked for this. Now I wish I hadn't sold off my carded TVC collection.  :'(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 10:49 PM »
Dorme never burned! That was Corde (I think). Dorme was left on Coruscant when Anakin and Padme went to go hate sand.

I thought Cordi took a ribar through the stomach? Oops sorry wrong verse :)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 04:18 AM »
Thank GOD this means the end of the WM exclusive line. I'm still unconvinced that half of those figures actually exist.

Funny that the last 2 years of Black Series figures were 90% TVC repacks, and now TVC is resurrected with a Black Series figure.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 09:26 AM »
They've already shown a repacked Rey.  I just worry about a wave of repackaged TFA figures that have been warming pegs for about a year.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 10:27 AM »
I watched the reveal video from the panel.  It seems like the Jakku Rey is a lock given the way they revealed it.  That looks like a straight-up reissue of the WalMart exclusive 3.75" Black Series figure, right down to the accessories.  I would have hoped that they would do a Starkiller Base version of Rey (with the Stormtrooper blaster, lightsaber and no gloves), but I guess they want to get some value out of the WalMart version before doing any revisions.

I'm also hopeful that this means we'll see some of the harder to find WalMart 3.75" Black Series figure in this line.  The Scarif Stormtrooper and Cassian Andor are a prime example of how this exclusive arrangement may not have worked so well for collectors.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2017, 10:42 AM »
I'm fine with Rogue One repacks but not TFA.  At least not right away.

Apparently 2014 was the last time we did the Top Ten lists.  Time to bring them out of retirement and add The Force Awakens, Rebels, Rogue One and maybe by the time we've gotten through all of the movies and cartoons, we'll have ideas for The Last Jedi.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:49 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 12:38 PM »
My hobby is back!!!

I am unbelievably stoked, especially because they'll no longer be exclusive. The last two years have been dark times indeed for my collecting. My big wish is that they knock out some more of the original 93 as they go. A new Yakface or a Bespin Guard would be very welcome. (Know there's more, those we the first two I could think of off the top of my head.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2017, 12:59 PM »
I saw a Hasbro report from Imperial Holocron that says the new Vintage Collection will be in the $13-ish range...

The Scarif Stormtrooper and Cassian Andor are a prime example of how this exclusive arrangement may not have worked so well for collectors.

Yeah, fingers crossed that the Scarif Shore Trooper gets TVC carded treatment so I can finally get my dang hands on a nice sized squad!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 01:08 PM »
Yeah, fingers crossed that the Scarif Shore Trooper gets TVC carded treatment so I can finally get my dang hands on a nice sized squad!

Don't worry, the moment I coughed up $30 for one, it became total destiny that they'd be everywhere eventually.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 02:03 PM »
Keep in mind, guys; the Phasma wave showed up in mass a year after it's release, and one of the asian sellers ended up selling TFA Stormtrooper in sets of 5 for $30 recently. My fingers are crossed that we'll see that for both the DeathTrooper and Scariff trooper at some point in quantity.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2017, 02:17 PM »
and one of the asian sellers ended up selling TFA Stormtrooper in sets of 5 for $30 recently. My fingers are crossed that we'll see that for both the DeathTrooper and Scariff trooper at some point in quantity.

Damn, I wish I'd have seen that one.  You don't know which one it was by chance?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2017, 03:03 PM »
I think the movie will do well, but it will probably be the weakest of the Disney era movies.

I haven't seen any images, do the figures look like they will be SA or 5POA?  If it's the former, I am going to go broke! ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2017, 03:06 PM »
There's no doubt Rey will be front and center in this line. I imagine we'll see both this version and a TLJ version right off the bat. Which I'm cool with, because I love these characters and want to see them in the vintage style. Which means I'll have to make some tough decisions come next year as far as what I buy. If I go nuts and end up buying 2 of each like last time then I'll have to cut back or cut out the six inch line, which has been growing on me quite a bit. Not a huge deal since I'm in no way a completist with those (SDCC exclusives prevented that and I'm a 42 year old lifer with NO SPACE). Wait. I have no space.

:'(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2017, 03:43 PM »
and one of the asian sellers ended up selling TFA Stormtrooper in sets of 5 for $30 recently. My fingers are crossed that we'll see that for both the DeathTrooper and Scariff trooper at some point in quantity.

Damn, I wish I'd have seen that one.  You don't know which one it was by chance?

Viperkingdom. They've got some now!