Author Topic: The Vintage Collection Returns - Spring 2018  (Read 29525 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: The Vintage Collection Returns - Spring 2018
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2018, 01:29 PM »
I'd be shocked if there's not a Luke, but then I was shocked we didn't get TFA Luke until the next movie. >.>

I'm sure there will be a Luke... but it'll be the TFA ending Luke on TVC card (repack).  I don't expect another new TLJ Exile or Crait Luke until 2019 probably.

And they probably won't be released until the 5 POA versions of those figures have had at least 6 weeks at retail.  The classic double-dip formula, as always.  So if the line for SOLO launches in April, I would expect some TVC SOLO offerings around June.

Yeah, that's a good point.  I'd also agree that TVC Solo figures would probably hit later in the summer after everyone already bought the 5POA stuff.  Seems like standard protocol now for Hasbro. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2018, 04:26 PM »
That Jyn Erso card is pretty awesome.

I would love to see Baze and Chirrut. Round it out with a Bodhi and K-2S0 and they could kinda consider RO closed out.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2018, 02:48 PM »
Rogue One can't be considered finished until I have Director Krennic standing on my Imperials shelf. And not in ****** 5-POA form.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2018, 04:59 PM »
I’m going to likely get most of the repacks, at the very least the Rogue One ones, for the cardbacks.  The TFA and TLJ will get me too more likely than not.  I’m going to probably just order a case at EE out the gate and hopefully army build the Hoth Trooper and Tanker...  at the price point I’m guessing the Imperial Tank will be at least easy to get and I’m still banking on 3 of them at least. 

I’m glad to see some repacks of course but would like to obviously see some army builders get more repacks to hopefully sell better.  A Rogue One Fleet Trooper Card would be awesome (since we got the ANH Card).  Shore Trooper, Death Trooper, some kind of ultimate Stormtrooper.  A FO Trooper with the best and heavy gun would be a dream!  One with the baton and shield too? 

I have hopes the Tanker gets a repaint to an ATAC Pilot too. 

Now if they insist on repack upon repack upon repack and aren’t wise about some of the choices?  Eh that’s scary.  I think too many people are really expecting way too much new though as well, and way too many people are heaping their hopes and dreams on this line too.  2010 isn’t coming back, and people need to consider that.  It’s not like economic time travel.🤷‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2018, 06:03 PM »
That Jyn Erso card is pretty awesome.

I would love to see Baze and Chirrut. Round it out with a Bodhi and K-2S0 and they could kinda consider RO closed out.

If this line doesn't make a SA Chirrut Imwe....then there's no point.

I would also like a Baze that can hold his weapon properly and a K-2S0 that can bend his elbows and knees....and drop a backpack.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2018, 12:49 AM »
Totally on board all the rogues getting their due.  Even Bodie.  I’d like to see some of the pilots someday but likely not here.  It’s just a dream I guess.  I miss those pilot packs we used to get though and now we need Blue squad!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2018, 09:57 AM »
The pilot packs were great, and I'd be in heaven if we got some from the new movies.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2018, 01:08 PM »
+1

If Hasbro rolled out exclusive pilot packs like the TRU exclusive SOTDS Battle of Endor for the Battle of Scarif, I would be all over those!  It might be the best way to get a few of those pilots offered.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2018, 05:30 PM »
Definitely. I'll dream big because we'll likely not get so lucky IRL (all SA):

TFA Starkiller Base Set - Jess Pava, TIE Fighter SF Pilot, Ello Asty

RO Scarif Set - General Merrick, Red Five (RIP), U-Wing Pilot

TLJ Resistance Set - Nix Jerd (Resistance Bomber Pilot), Pammich Nerro Goode (Transport Pilot), Male A-Wing Pilot

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2018, 11:50 AM »

TLJ Resistance Set - Nix Jerd (Resistance Bomber Pilot), Pammich Nerro Goode (Transport Pilot), Male A-Wing Pilot

Can't argue with those.  I'd love to see Tallie get an SA release too. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2018, 12:08 PM »
For me a real milestone will be achieved when/if we see all the original 93 issued on the new vintage cards. I know we have a bit to go, but it's something I'd love to see happen. That said, I'm happy to get whatever Hasbro has to offer on what are arguably the best card designs ever made for action figures.

93 or 96?  ;)

Lol! 97 if you include Blue Snags.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2018, 01:25 PM »

I kind of feel like General Merrick has enough dialogue that he might merit his own carded release, but I think if you wanted to get him and his astromech droid?  Then a multipack might be the way to go.  And if Hasbro went with pilot packs again?  I hope they would do it with a DISCOVER THE FORCE kind of formula and offer 6 figures in the pack, like they did with the BATTLE OF YAVIN set.  My choices?

BATTLE OF SCARIF (Set 1):   General Merrick (Blue Leader), Jaldine Gerams (Blue 3), Pedrin Gaul (Red 5), Blue leader's yellow & white R5 unit & TIE Pilot w/ tear drop helmet markings
BATTLE OF SCARI (Set 2):   Barion Raner (Blue 4), Vangos Grek (Blue 6), Laren Joma (Blue 11 - U-wing pilot), Wona Goban (Gold 9), Blue 4's R5 unit & TIE Pilot

BATTLE OF STARKILLER BASE:  Jess Pava, Ello Atsy, Niv Lek, R0-H2 (Poe Dameron's other astromech) & First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot

BATTLE OF D'QAR:  Finch Dallow (Cobalt Hammer bomber pilot), Nix Jerd (Cobalt Hammer bombadier), Blue Squadron A-wing pilot TBD, Astromech droid TBD & First Order TIE Pilot
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2018, 01:44 PM »
I'd buy it all!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2018, 03:45 PM »
My Battle of Scarif set: Blue Mon Cal, Imperial Officer (just pick one), Rebel Fleet trooper with new head (maybe the hand-off guy), CGI McTarkin, Shore Trooper Captain, and a super articulate Bistan that will make anyone look like a fool for getting the 5 POA one.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2018, 01:09 PM »
I would buy all of that, sight unseen.

We really do need a Mon Cal officer. The one from POTJ is really showing its age. And I'd be really happy if the most recent Stormtrooper found its way back into circulation. I still need to flush out some POTF2 Stormies in my display (from the Kenner troop builder set in the early 00's). And none of the eBay sellers (like Viperskingdom) seem to be selling Stormtrooper lots, aside from the First Order stormie.

I have high hopes for this new Vintage line, but I'm starving for some information. Every time I see a Star Wars announcement I get excited for a split-second before I realize it's a 6-inch or 5-POA version.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram