Author Topic: Of course we should buy the new TVC repack waves  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Of course we should buy the new TVC repack waves
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018, 09:57 AM »
I've been thinking this over recently, and going through some photo archives of Vintage Collection figures.  And it crossed my mind that we probably could use some strategically thought out reissues from the Vintage Collection, especially since Hasbro will be continuing on with the numbering scheme of the original 2010 - 2012 run.  The ones that immediately came to mind include:

TVC 09 - Boba Fett
TVC 41 - Imperial Stormtrooper
TVC 50 - Han Solo (Bespin)
TVC 68 - Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear)
TVC 93 - Darth Vader (ANH - also functions as a ROGUE ONE Vader - no need to reinvent the wheel here.  And put it on a ROGUE ONE card)
TVC 98 - Grand Moff Tarkin

And then some running changes...
VOTC Han Solo
VTSC Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues - with new face portrait)
TVC 52 - Rebel Fleet Trooper (alternate face portrait and on a ROGUE ONE card)
TVC 94 - Imperial Navy Trooper (alternate face portrait and grey/olive uniform)

I would be on board with most of these reissues.  Some are characters that just continue to sell.  And others can be easily repurposed to current/recent entertainment.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • http://darby-harn.blogspot.com/
Re: Of course we should buy the new TVC repack waves
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2018, 10:14 AM »
Along those lines, one figure that needs to happen this time is the Jawa. They can use one of the figures from the last two pack.

I think we're getting new versions of both Vader and the Stormtrooper, from RO, so they may use new numbering. Tarkin and the RFT on RO cards would be fun, though they may try and give new versions of both too, considering they have digital sculpts of the six inch forthcoming. A RO TIE Pilot comes to mind. The bounty hunters.