Author Topic: 2017 Hasbro Star Wars Fan Figure Vote  (Read 33259 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2017 Hasbro Star Wars Fan Figure Vote
« on: April 15, 2017, 09:59 PM »
The Vintage Collection is coming back in Spring 2018 and Hasbro is looking to the fans to help select a character to join it!  The first round of voting kicks off today and runs through Wednesday, April 19th.

To Vote at JediDefender:
Send an email to jsmentek@jedidefender.com with 2017 Hasbro Fan Figure Vote in the subject line and your character selection and your full name (first and last) in the body of the email.  Limit ONE (1) character vote per email address.  Fraudulent votes will be discarded.  Voting will close on 11:38pm ET on Wednesday, April 19th.

Any characters from the Star Wars Rebels or Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series will be sculpted in the realistic style (like the current Black Series lines).

The results of the first round will be tabulated and sent to Hasbro on Friday, April 21st.  The top 6 picks from each site will be used to create the entrants of a final poll at StarWars.com, which will take place April 26th through April 30th. The winner will be announced at a later date.

Please visit Star Wars.com for the full list of fan sites participating in Round One.

Finally, feel free to use this thread to lobby for your choice – you’ve got a few days to vote, so think it over and debate amongst your friends here at JD.  This is a great chance for us to get a long time JediDefender Wishlist figure (like Cliegg Lars, Sim Aloo, Tonnkia Sisters, etc) and it would be shame to waste it on some one-off video game character or yet ANOTHER Mara Jade figure when there are so many deserving obscure OT characters to chose!  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 2017 Hasbro Star Wars Fan Figure Vote
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 10:03 PM »
Thanks Jeff!

Dorme - there can be no other!  :) After 15 years, we can make it happen folks.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 10:22 PM »
I'm really, really torn on who to pick.

I've whittled my starter list down to five and am going to think it over ths weekend.  I am open to suggestions if JediDefender wants to rally around a particular character to try to push it through to the next round... ;)

My list:
- Tzizvvt
- Tonnika Sister (#wastedvote)
- Sim Aloo
- Fozec
- Cleigg Lars w/Chair (AOTC)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 10:24 PM »
I had to go with Office duel Palpatine!  This is Palpatine at his most pivotal moment:  quickly dispatching 3 Jedi masters, fighting another to a standstill, and pushing Anakin Skywalker over the edge to renounce the Jedi and become a Sith.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 10:37 PM »
I'm torn between Dorme and Cliegg Lars. Odd that my choices would be from my least favorite Star Wars flick...  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 10:49 PM »
Tiz is a good one.  I'm liking Jabba Palace Snaggletooth tho too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 09:43 AM »
I like all the submissions so far.  I'd include Padme Naboo Picnic in it, but I don't think she is a strong choice for a win.  I'd also add Baze, Chirrut and Bodhi but those would be a given (I hope).

Not sure who I'd go with.

PS.  Scott, we miss your Top Ten lists (though I realize for the past few years there was no point) but with this announcement, there's hope!  And Top Ten lists are built on hope!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:44 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 10:23 AM »
I like all the submissions so far.  I'd include Padme Naboo Picnic in it, but I don't think she is a strong choice for a win.  I'd also add Baze, Chirrut and Bodhi but those would be a given (I hope).

Not sure who I'd go with.

PS.  Scott, we miss your Top Ten lists (though I realize for the past few years there was no point) but with this announcement, there's hope!  And Top Ten lists are built on hope!

+1

I'd like to see some more Padme's too, but I would opt for Senator versions:  Palpatine's office in AOTC, the homecoming entourage (with bun hairdo) in ROTS, or the ROTS scene where Palpatine makes the declaration of the Empire.

The core characters from ROGUE ONE do seem like no-brainers.  I hope Hasbro thinks so, too.

I've missed the wishlist polls, too.  But it did seem like an exercise in banging your head against the wall while Hasbro was so fixated on 5 POA and little else in the 3.75" figure line.  But as the saying goes, Rebellions are built on hope!  And that seems to have prevailed here.

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 11:26 AM »
Solomahal, the "colonel", much more visible than the fly guy....not that I don't want Tzizvvt

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 11:29 AM »
I don't want to throw away the vote, but Tonnika Sisters would be awesome.  Maybe with Disney owning the thing now there could be some movement on that?  I know we've heard the weird denials over the years, and I know it's just an action figure, but I still don't understand how there is any possible legal hang up and I haven't heard a decent explanation for it.  Christine Hewett has passed away, Angela Staines hasn't acted since Star Wars - her entire acting resume is two uncredited rolls, one being Star Wars and the other being "native dancer" in Queen Kong in 1976.  I don't think I've ever heard of an instance of an actor owning the likeness to a character, especially a two-shot background piece of nothing like this.  So while I don't mean to be all conspiratorial, this one never ever added up for me and every year or two I still feel like bringing it up and calling B.S. in hopes that some better explanation has surfaced.

With that out of the way... There isn't really a PT character I feel I need to have, to me this is all about letting Hasbro know there's still collector interest in the OT.  I also don't see these fan polls as the place to ask for some iconic main character that there's a better chance Hasbro will get around to making anyway.

So, while I'd be perfectly happy with any unmade OT figure like Tzizvvt, what I really want is a 3-pack of the remaining dignitaries, my top is going to be Sim Aloo.

Looking through my vintage figures, is he the absolute last vintage figure that hasn't been made at this point?

This needs to happen.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:43 PM by Rob »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 12:42 PM »
I have to think about this. I want Sim Aloo as well, just to help fill out the original 93. My top want is the Incredible Cross Sections Hoth Speeder biker, but I feel that'd be throwing my vote away as well. General Merrick is definitely near the top of my list.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 04:44 PM »
Another great OT choice would be Baniss Keeg, who has been strangely overlooked ever since his bro got picked way back in the day.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 08:49 PM »
I'm behind Sim Aloo there are quite a few debatable 93s left but this one is a no brainer

I actually like Jeffs list a lot as those are high on the JD Top 10s

I'm just cushioning the blow when some Female EU Video game character wins the poll and the first 4 waves are TFA repacks, Rebels, Rogue One and TLJ first wave.  The chance of getting 6 new OT figures is slim to none
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:51 PM by Scott »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 08:39 AM »
I'm a little tempted to change my vote.  Because there's one character from ROGUE ONE that is far from a main player, but I would really like to see him get some props since his actions helped turn the tide in the space battle at Scarif:

Captain Kado Oquoné - Captain of the Alliance hammerhead korvette Lightbringer

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 09:45 AM »
Cliegg Lars is a good choice, as are the Rogue One characters and Hux, but I decided to go with 99 from The Clone Wars. Might as well vote outside the box before Captain Rex makes it into the final poll.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks