Author Topic: 2017 Hasbro Star Wars Fan Figure Vote  (Read 33231 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2017 Hasbro Star Wars Fan Figure Vote
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2017, 09:42 PM »
That's where the argument loses me...  no need to **** on other people's "fandom" because they're doing stuff you don't like.  It's toys and in particular it's ONE toy you may not get to dictate what you want...   Not THAT big of a deal.  Sucks sure but not worth demeaning other people's likes.

I like EU I just would rather not get toys of it right now I guess.  Well not Ben Skywalker anyway. 

It's like going out of ur way to make it seem like 6" toys aren't selling.  Pushing agendas is just lame.  Be honest that articulated 3.75" saw clearance racks for years just like 6" sees it at times, just like 5POA sees it and just like everything sees it.  Lying or twisting the truth to fit a narrative is belittling to your readers but your own "work" to boot.

Rob, I considered that and I'm sure there was something to that even but it's been pretty widely noted that Lucas went from consultant to either disinterested or disinvolved pretty fast so random billionaire, Disney, or donated to fans, it's still not Lucas at this point...  to me it's just all new EU I'll enjoy or not.

I kind of liken it to Tolkien stuff.  If you were a purist the movies had moments that would be questionable to you, at best.  Possibly outrageous to you even.  If you were able to distance yourself from that though they're amazing films.  It's all fake so it's not like you can't view it differently.  Anal retentive fans, can't say I've ever met on I enjoyed talking shop with.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ronstoney

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2017, 09:12 PM »
Keeping up the tally process before THE OFFICIAL SITE opens up voting:

LEADER BOARD (19 SITES REPORTING)
-Tonnika Sisters - 14

Holy cow! I didn't even know there were 14 sites used for voting. I like these odds.

Such a legend behind the elusiveness of these 2 action figures. A Holy Grail.

The EU crowd and the OT crowds could come together to vote the Tonnika Sisters into
existence which... exist in both worlds (so I'm told) and bring these legends from "Legends" and Canon so we can hold them in our hands.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2017, 10:59 AM »
Holy cow! I didn't even know there were 14 sites used for voting.

There were 23 participating sites.  The full list was available at StarWars.com.

LEADER BOARD (19 SITES REPORTING)
-Tonnika Sisters - 14
-Yakface - 11
-Ben Skywalker - 10
-Pong Krell - 9
-Sim Aloo - 7
-Dr. Aphra - 6
-ARC Trooper Fives - 4
-Ahsoka Tano (Rebels) - 3
-Jedi Temple Guard - 3
-Luke Skywalker (The Force Awakens) - 3
-Satele Shan (The Old Republic - 3

With the last two 6" polls, we saw a bit of tweaking in the round one results (cough *Sabine* cough) to be sure the finalists had a equal representation.  Based on that "desire for balance", it would make sense that Tonnikas, Aphra, and maybe even Ahsoka (Rebels) make the Round Two poll.   

If Satele Shan (or some other female that got round one votes, Like Jaina, Leia, Hera, etc) shows up on the SW.com Round Two poll in place of the Tonnikas then that is going to be the most definitive "seriously, these will never be made" evidence we've ever seen.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2017, 12:38 PM »
COFFEE WITH KENOBI
1. Ben Skywalker
2. Doctor Aphra
3. Ahsoka Tano (Star Wars Rebels)
4. HK-47
5. Jaxxon
And tied for sixth place:
    Tonnika Sisters
    Padme Amidala (Geonosis)
    Satele Shan
    ARC Trooper Fives
    Kyle Katarn
    Mara Jade

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2017, 05:05 PM »
I think all of these from the leader board would be slam dunks for Hasbro. I also think there will be some sort of 'oh, we were already making X' that comes out of this as Yakface will probably lead the Kenner votes but lose to Ben Skywalker. A third poll where a EU character wins in suspicious circumstances will turn off a lot of collectors to participating in future polls and Hasbro doesn't want that.

A real curveball could come with the Tonnika Sisters though. If they win or show well, there will have to be some reckoning with why they won't be made. Or maybe they will make them now. Plenty of impossible things happen all the time these days.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 06:21 PM by Darby »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2017, 05:46 PM »
They already made a Rebels Ahsoka figure in both scales, plus the reissued SA version in the Walmart line. I love her as much as anyone, but it's not like the character is being neglected. That spot would be much better served by someone else IMO.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2017, 06:00 PM »
COFFEE WITH KENOBI
1. Ben Skywalker
2. Doctor Aphra
3. Ahsoka Tano (Star Wars Rebels)
4. HK-47
5. Jaxxon
And tied for sixth place:
    Tonnika Sisters
    Padme Amidala (Geonosis)
    Satele Shan
    ARC Trooper Fives
    Kyle Katarn
    Mara Jade

WTF?!??

Including a 6 way tie for 6th place (7 if you count both Tonnikas) amounts to submitting 12 candidates in the poll.  I have the sneaking suspicion that someone at Hasbro or Lucasfilm will make that decision for the rather indecisive folks at Coffee with Kenobi. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 06:01 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2017, 06:15 PM »
Geonosis Padme has been done to death too.  Several figures on that list have already been done.  Ahsoka, Padme, Mara, HK (though hard to find).  I guess they'd like them on vintage cards.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2017, 06:42 PM »
This is the most press that I think Coffee With Kenobi has ever seen.  Well played, CWK.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2017, 10:36 AM »
Voting should have opened some time yesterday, but I haven't seen anything about the Fan's Choice Poll finals over at The Official Site.  I wonder if they're trying to investigate the rumors of ballot stuffing?

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2017, 11:25 AM »
I was half joking on Twitter yesterday when I suggested they could be struggling with how to roll out a poll where the top candidates have some, um, flaws but I don't know. I think the Tonnika Sisters are probably a sticking point because they can't do them. I think the Ben Skywalker issue and the ugliness that came out of it must be a concern. I think one or more of these potential candidates like Yakface are already on the board or 'will be' to offset concerns about the inevitable winner. Or they just don't know how to prevent the ballot stuffing that was present in the last few polls. Pretty odd there's no comment at all about the delay.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2017, 12:13 PM »
I'm curious to see when the poll will go live.  I continue to believe that at least two of the characters may get vetoed.  But I think the real source of the delay might be tied to Lucasfilm & Hasbro putting some sort of verification system in place in an effort to counter the ballot stuffing.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2017, 12:29 PM »
I'm curious to see when the poll will go live.  I continue to believe that at least two of the characters may get vetoed.  But I think the real source of the delay might be tied to Lucasfilm & Hasbro putting some sort of verification system in place in an effort to counter the ballot stuffing.

None of this should have been a surprise though.  They should have already been prepared for "unacceptable" candidates, either because of EU status or otherwise.

I also think there was likely ballot stuffing going on last time and if you're going to conduct a web poll you should either accept that ballot stuffing is going to happen or have a system in place to try and defeat it.

With proper planning neither of these should be cause for delay in rolling out the poll.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2017, 12:36 PM »
I get the sense that the failing may have been on the planning end.  No doubt the folks at StarWars.com, who are going to be conducting the final poll, were VERY focused on SWCO.  Were they prepared coming off of SWCO to dive into this?

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2017, 12:42 PM »
Could be, but these are separate initiatives that should have different teams driving them. All of the coordination should have been worked out prior to SWCO as the roll out was part of the announcement. You never know though.