Author Topic: 2017 Hasbro Star Wars Fan Figure Vote  (Read 33239 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Hasbro Star Wars Fan Figure Vote
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2017, 01:29 PM »
If they wanted to run a fair poll with no ballot stuffing, the solution was simple, just tell people they aren't allowed to vote for EU characters. then they would have no horse in the race to ruin it for the rest of us.

Or just do like Dancing with the Stars and say the final decision is "made based on a combination of viewer votes and judges' scores" which offers zero transparency and allows them to do whatever the hell they want.  :P
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2017, 02:42 PM »
It sounds like it may just be a case of not leaving themselves enough time in-between Round 1 and Round 2.

A lot of the StarWars.com team is still recovering and catching up from SWCO.  Most (all?) of the Hasbro PR team is at the TTPM Spring Showcase showing off the Hasbro toys on TTPM's Summer 2017 Most Wanted list.

Results were due to Hasbro on 4/21 and the poll was supposed to start on 4/26.  Maybe someone should have guessed that two business days between those two dates were not enough to get it flipped from Round 1 to Round 2.

We reached out to Hasbro for comment but, like I said above, with all the PR folks busy with the Spring Showcase we may not get any.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:43 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2017, 09:38 AM »
There was another poll (best part of the Last Jedi trailer) that was posted yesterday but it wasn't working and now is gone. I wonder if they haven't started the FC poll because they are having technical problems with their poll system.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2017, 07:12 PM »
http://www.starwars.com/news/vote-now-for-the-next-3-75-inch-star-wars-vintage-collection-figure

The vote is finally up. I picked Sim Aloo, though he's currently dead last at 8% of the vote. Looks like you can vote more than once too, though I haven't tried.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2017, 07:31 PM »
**** Hasbro for not telling us the Tonnika sisters weren't eligible...wwe could have picked someone else

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2017, 07:34 PM »
Exactly

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2017, 07:54 PM »
Agreed.  Stipulate **** but don't say everything is game then pull rug.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2017, 08:00 PM »
Second thought, lol @ Ben Skywalker not making the final 5 even.  Unless he's already planned (doubtful), that surprises me as I thought he was in top 5.  Doctor Aphra?  Here's my shocked face. :-l

Then the Asian captain guy from Rebels...  I'd be ok there but for me it's either Sim or Yak.  Before everyone votes do we wanna try to coordinate?  Too hard?  Just thinking out loud.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2017, 08:02 PM »
LEADER BOARD (19 SITES REPORTING)
-Tonnika Sisters - 14
-Yakface - 11
-Ben Skywalker - 10
-Pong Krell - 9
-Sim Aloo - 7
-Dr. Aphra - 6
-ARC Trooper Fives - 4
-Ahsoka Tano (Rebels) - 3

So...  looks like Ben and Tonnikas got dropped and Emperor got swapped in for Pong Krell for some reason...  wonder if he was just going to cost too much with his size and extra arms and such?

Agree 100% that to claim "no restrictions" and then to turn around and flop on Tonnikas is pretty lame.  Probably the final, definitive "these are never gonna get made" that no one was hoping for (but deep down we were all kinda expecting :().

Really, really hoping the "old collector crowd" can rally behind Sim Aloo because there are so many rumors that Yak Face is coming.  Sadly, the "old man collector" vote is gonna get split across Sim/Yak and that'll open the door for Aphra or Ahsoka to win.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2017, 08:04 PM »
Oh and Palps and Ashoka (again?)?  Really?  I like Ashoka but I'd rather a realistic young one to go with realistic Ani.  She was also a sorta rare TCW figure as a young character but whatever.  Palps boggles my mind that he made anyone's list.  At least in that outfit.  Office needs it more.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2017, 08:12 PM »
?????????

I agree with all that's been said.

Sucks people wasted votes if Hasbro was going to make certain characters off limits.

Ahsoka and Palpatine? Obviously great characters but again?

I don't get the Fives vote but to each their own.

Go Sim and Yak!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2017, 08:15 PM »
Funny how these events seem intended to drive collector excitement and seem to have the exact opposite effect.  I'm not excited about anyone in that list.  Aphra is a joke, Ahsoka would just be a re-pack of the WM-BS from last year, and where did the Emperor come from?  I'm not even going to vote - it clearly doesn't matter since they'll just make whoever they want anyway.  I really try to avoid the HAsbro bashing bandwagon, but I wish there was some better way to send a message back to Hasbro that this is not acceptable. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2017, 08:48 PM »
I stated my case about the Tonnikas and Ben Skywalker, so I am really not surprised about them being omitted from the poll.  For the record, I would like to see the Tonnikas in my own cantina diorama, but based on everything we've heard and read I think that they're just never going to happen.  And I think that LFL vetoed Ben Skywalker to keep from causing confusion with Ben Solo in the ST movies.

Dr. Aphra, Sim Aloo, Yakface and Fives were among the characters who tallied well in the polling, so no surprises there.

Where I am surprised is with the omission of Pong Krell, and the inclusion of Emporer Palpatine.  I think Krell is a cool character, and I'm having a tough time finding why he would be struck from the finals.  Krell certainly isn't anywhere near as controversial as the Tonnikas or Ben Skywalker, unless this figure presents some serious design challenges in the TVC figure format.  And Palpatine?  I don't think we've gotten a definitively GREAT version of ROTJ Palpatine.  His inclusion makes me think that this figure might already be in the works.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2017, 09:15 PM »
I'm guessing Krell is too expensive to make.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2017, 09:23 PM »
I still say they more or less have had Yak Face ready to go for years. I also say that there's worthier never before made aliens, but I guess none of them have the mystique of Yakky.  ::)
I'm over Ahsoka...
Slim Aloo will be dead last.  :(
Palpatine..., while a proper VOTC Palps could be great, what we need more is a deluxe one with his throne.
Dr. Meh-phra...what happened to cool looking "EU" characters?  I don't buy into her. I cannot see her interacting with a live action Vader, etc.
Fives...which version? I'm mostly over clones, too.