Author Topic: 2017 Hasbro Star Wars Fan Figure Vote  (Read 33233 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2017 Hasbro Star Wars Fan Figure Vote
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2017, 09:26 PM »
Whoops I thot Fives was the Rebel captain Sato or whatever.  Took a better look and care even less.

Sim Aloo is looking good. :(

Aphra is like we r being forced to like the new comics.  Haven't read one yet.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2017, 09:28 PM »
That is so freaking epic. Suck it Ben Skywalker! Sad about the Tonnikas but at least it's more of a legitimate poll now.

I shall vote Sim to show solidarity with JD.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2017, 09:31 PM »
If we're never getting the Tonnika Sisters, I'd settle for an official and believable explanation about the reason.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2017, 09:53 PM »
Its gotta be the camel toe.  If only they'd have unsnuggied themselves, I'm sure they'd be toys by now.

Went digging through my saved cantina photos folder and dug this one up too...  like others have said, if this on-set joke is the reason they can't get figures it's just so dumb. :(

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 09:56 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2017, 09:59 PM »
I figure this is like every other Fan vote they've ever had- the finalists are figures they're working on already, and have already been approved by Lucasfilm.

I wonder if Dorme or Cliegg would have placed higher if Hasbro had said the Tonnikas were out of the running. But I'll take Sim or my Yak Face resculpt. Heck, even a great ROTJ Emperor would be nice.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2017, 10:32 PM »
What the hell is Doctor Aphra??!?

Also, we already have some pretty good Ahsoka figures... if she wins I'm going to be bummed. Same thing with Palpatine... why is there an outcry for another palpatine figure?.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:33 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2017, 10:38 PM »
Yeah I like Evolutions Palps just fine.

Sim Aloo ahoy.  I'm voting Sim.  I just want him done so I can not see him on people's lists even.  He's not exciting but he is overdue given we got other dignitaries first I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2017, 11:42 PM »
I'm hoping for Yak Face or Sim.

That being said, all I can do is laugh when old farts say things like, "who is Aphra?" and act like because we don't know who she is that no one else must. Can't be that the "kids" now into Star Wars care and know about her (and are partly responsible for us having a fan vote of Star Wars figures in 2017)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2017, 09:06 AM »
I voted.  And it seems like Dr. Aphra is pulling away, but REBELS Ahsoka is holding a strong second.  I personally have no stock in Aphra, but she has been one of the most recognizable new characters in the Marvel comics Star Wars run along with the droids 0-0-0 and BT-1 from the Darth Vader title.  And I only know that from thumbing through some of the Darth Vader comics in stores and then moving along.  I think I've bought a grand total of ONE of the new Star Wars comics that Marvel has published since they took control following the Dark Horse run.

I like Ahsoka.  I think she's a strong character.  And I think that if there's a REBELS themed wave of realistic looking characters in the upcoming TVC line, Ahsoka would fit in well there.  Does she need a fan's choice poll to make that happen?  I'm thinking probably not.

I'm still a little curious about Pong Krell being struck from contention.  Was there some perception that he might have been the beneficiary from ballot stuffing like Ben Skywalker?  Because there were SEVERAL characters that wound up on a lot of lists that seemed like they may have been more than coincidental.  Or was it the nature of the character?  Krell was really quick to send Clones to their deaths.  Was his cold-blooded killing by one of the Clone Troopers regarded as one of the darker moments of the saga?  Or was it a size issue, where getting that figure made and onto a TVC card would be too challenging?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2017, 01:57 PM »
Honestly, I'm fairly ok with any of the figures from the finalists winning. In pulling for Sim or Yakface, and that's where my vote went as well. I don't necessarily get the need for another Ahsoka, I like the character and all but I'm fine with the one we just saw re-released in the Black Series line. It is more telling to me that the two "old school" collector picks (Sim and Yak), are both dead last in this poll. Are we really that much of a dying breed any more? I am sort of glad the whole Ben Skywalker movement didn't gain ground. I don't get the whole "sticking it" to Disney angle. Not sure how they expected to move forward with new media (movies, TV, books, or games) being tied to that years of mess of continuity.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2017, 02:00 PM »
What the hell is Doctor Aphra??!?

New comic character. She's in the Darth Vader series and now has a series of her own.

I voted Aphra... might as well get a new figure out of this. Ahsoka and Palpatine, meh, and I even want a decent OT Emperor figure. Sorry to the OT aliens.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2017, 02:58 PM »
Voted for Sim Aloo mostly because he was the only POTF figure I bought back in the day. Who knows the inner workings of a 10 year old mind. I figure Yak Face is a certainty. Ahsoka would be great - basically she'd be a scaled down version of the 6 inch figure - and I also think she's a lock. Aphra I don't really care about. Fives would be very welcome. The Emperor, ok, he'd be on a vintage card but they've never really got him right and I don't expect they ever will.

Tonnikas - we'll never see them. Ben Skywalker - it was a little too obvious.

The poll unfortunately is reflective of the deep divides between fans in SW. Both in the hyper negative world that some traffic in that is now eating its own tail and also just the plain fact that SW fandom is no longer monolithic. You have old school fans like most of us here (I think), younger PT/CW fans, EU / game fans, and I'd say new fans that have come in with the ST. All of them were more or less represented in the voting and the final poll. Aphra will probably win and as a consolation we'll find out Yak Face is coming. Sim Aloo I fear is toast.  :(

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2017, 10:07 AM »
I voted for Sim Aloo, mostly because I'm still holding out hope for modern versions of each of the Vintage figures and it'd be great if we could finally cross him off the list.

I'm like Rob - I asked the same question - "who the heck is Doctor Aphra?!?!" - but I guess if she were to win that would be at least a new character that's never been made before.

Fives seems like a weird choice, I guess I'm not remembering him very well - did we never get a version of him in the Clone Wars line? Seems like an odd choice really, especially since if he were to come out in the Vintage line, I doubt they would do him in the style of the Clone Wars figures.

I would have hoped that The Emperor and Ahsoka would be dead last as we really don't need new versions of either of them. Yak Face has been done before and definitely needs a re-do, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't already "on deck" for a return of the Vintage line already.

Kinda a shame that there aren't any members of the Ghost Crew on here. While I'm not a fan of the 6" line, I do like what they've done with Kanan, Sabine and Hera. Considering that Disney Parks just gave us what is essentially a definitive, Vintage-esque version of Chopper, I think it would be great if the Vintage line featured "realistic" versions of the rest of the Ghost crew.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2017, 02:26 PM »
Cast my vote for Sim Aloo. A little stunned that the two figures I want the most (Sim and Yakface) are dead last. And I'm with you guys, who the heck is the leader? I just don't spend any time in the EU.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2017, 02:28 PM »
Tonnika Sisters are identical twins...that aren't identical. Okay.  :-\