Author Topic: Zica Toys 3.75" Sectaurs Figure Line  (Read 20586 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Zica Toys 3.75" Sectaurs Figure Line
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2018, 01:24 PM »
Kickstarter is up to $35k - they just need $5k more to launch.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2018, 01:25 PM »
Have to get off my butt and get my pledge in... hopefully in the next day or two I can get that done.

Still need to get off my butt and pledge...  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2018, 11:04 PM »
Finally pledged to get all four figures.  Hope things go well enough to get the mini-insect companions and more figures!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2018, 01:41 PM »
$2,000 to go...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2018, 02:27 PM »
$40,118
pledged of $40,000 goal

Great to see it passed the mark... but some of that is folks pledging for the army builder stretch goal that was just added.  Some of those folks will take back cash if it looks like we won't hit the stretch goal by the end.  Stretch goals are great when they encourage people to add more money, but they can cause a big $ drop in the last days if the stretch goals dont look likely.

Fingers crossed it stays funded!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 06:21 PM »
Hooray!  That was a quick turnaround.  How does the troop builder work?  Do you pledge more money now and then apply that to the troop builders somehow?  Or does the $50k need to be in non-troop builder pledges, then at that point they open it up for people to buy them?  Or do you just pledge more money in general and assign it once the milestone hits?  So confused.

Jeff (or anyone else) - any interest in going in on the troop builder 5-pack?  I'd be down for a couple of each figure, so if a few other people want to do the same, we can split the order and save a few bucks. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Zica announced that the $50k stretch goal has been reached!  Hooray for troop builders!  Can anyone tell me how the backerkit phase of these projects works?  Sounds like buyers just keep increasing their pledge to cover everything they want, then actually place their orders when the backerkit becomes available.  But can you wait until the backerkit to pledge more money or does all the money have to be pledged beforehand?  With so many options and add-ons, its been a little difficult to understand just how much money I need to have in there.

With the announcement of variant heads for the royal guards, I'm springing for a five pack of those as well.  Skull soldiers only have a few variant heads, so tempted to split that one if anyone only wants one or a few of these standard.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2018, 12:33 AM »
They send out a thing and basically you pick what you want, send it in, etc.  It's like placing your order for what you're eligible to purchase based on what is offered at your pledge level (if that run-on makes any sense).  And yeah, usually you can add to it.  Like with Paul's DNL line I was able to really able to add another pile of stuff on and spend a lot more money, haha.  They made a lot of things available to even the lower pledge levels ultimately.

The entire thing is pretty easy ultimately Justin, you'll not have any problems with it.  It will take some time.  Some are faster than others though.  Paul's took a little extra time while they hashed things out as I recall, but like the Boss Fight one came up really fast after the pledging closed I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2018, 10:42 AM »
Thanks for the info Jesse!  I'm a total Kickstarter noob, so this is very helpful.  Trying to balance making sure I get what I want without going totally overboard on spending.   :-\  My balance has gone up considerably since I started:

• Dargon & Spidrax - $40 + $8 Shipping
  • Mantor & Zak - $40
  • Royal Guard 5pk - $90
  • Skull Soldier 5pk - $90

$48 isn't too bad, then $88 for the four figures.  I was just going to get 1x of the Royal Guard and Skull Solider, but with the exclusive  heads I really want to go with the five packs.  That takes me from $128 to $268...yikes!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2018, 04:36 PM »
I was with Paul’s line too so I’m not super experienced but my brother has all-in backed several things now so I have his experience and Jeff I’m sure can be more clear too because he seems to have more experience on these too.  He knows what’s up.  I heard Paul’s was slower to get to the backer kit portion but they also are a smaller group working on it and things. 

We just got prototype parts from them in the mail...  test shots specifically for tons of stuff.  It is a slow process I’m finding but as long as you know it’s funding and coming along eventually haha.  🤷‍♂️

The Marauder Inc stuff seems to fly through.  They’ve had so many campaigns though maybe it’s just down to a science for them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: March 5, 2018, 11:26 PM »
Jeff I’m sure can be more clear too because he seems to have more experience on these too.  He knows what’s up.  I heard Paul’s was slower to get to the backer kit portion but they also are a smaller group working on it and things. 

Yeah, Paul's was a bit slower, but that was becuase of the amount of figures and accessory packs and blank figures - size was massive so it took a bit to sort out.

Like Jesse said, BackerKit is basically like a pre-order store.  You pick the figures you wanted based on your pledge and have the opportunity to add-on to your order.  I never got around to tossing in for the army-builder stretch goal because I didn't want that extra cash locked in if the goal wasn't met.

Now, I can grab a couple of the army-builder bad guys and maybe the 5-pack of good guy builders during backer kit.  So, right now, I'm in for:

- main character 4-pack ($80 plus shipping)
- 2x bad guy army builder ($40 plus shipping)

Trying to decide if the variant eye colors is enough to get me to go for the 5-pack or if I'll be fine with saving $50 and just getting two of the regular version...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 5, 2018, 11:34 PM »
Okay, that helps.  I probably don't need all 5 of my skull soldier baddies if you want to split a five pack (Only saves $2 per figure I suppose).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2018, 11:07 PM »
Just filled out my backerkit.  I ended up grabbing:

- main character 4-pack ($90) [initial pledge]
- 2x bad guy army builder ($42) [add-on]
- 1x good guy army builder ($21) [add-on]

So $153 total for me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2018, 11:49 AM »
Sectaurs Royal Guard Troop Builder 5-Pack
Qty: 1 x $95.00
Sectaurs Skull Soldier Trooper Builder 5-Pack
Qty: 1 x $95.00
Sectaurs Zak Action Figure
Qty: 1 x $21.00
Sectaurs Mantor Action Figure
Sectaurs Dargon Action Figure
Sectaurs General Spidrax Action Figure

$280 with shipping.  :-X

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: July 1, 2018, 02:28 PM »
I know Jeff has been keeping up on the Sectaurs line news and they are now letting everyone get in on preordering.  Just a heads up that they collect money right away not when they’re ready to ship just incase you guys didn’t know that.  That’s typical tho how these work.

Here is the linky dink.

http://zica-toys-direct7.mybigcommerce.com/