Author Topic: Funko POP!  (Read 1885 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Funko POP!
« on: May 30, 2017, 04:29 PM »
The fact there isn't a general non Star Wars POP thread should probably tell me to not bother, but Game stop has there exclusive Resident Evil 6" Hunter for $11.99

Pretty cool toy
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Funko POP!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 08:42 PM »
It's been 3 and a half years since my last (first) post. It's time again. Excited to see there will be some original Blade Runner POPs. Still can't believe there's never been some sort of basic action figure line.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 1, 2020, 09:16 AM »
Can’t believe I never replied to this. I’ve gone through phases with Funko POPs over the years. At first I just picked up some for our daughter, then a couple for myself, then it started snowballing on both accounts and got out of hand (they make so many!). We have since gone through the great purge and sold off the vast majority of them. These days it is way more selective. I have a handful of Star Wars ones, of course, but purchase more outside of that these days.

After waddling things down,I’ve decided to focus on the various Spider-Man POPs (favorite all time character), and if there is anything special that catches the eye. The most recent ones I’ve gotten are the He-Man on Battle Cat, the Mando/Child walking together, and Michael Jordan. I do kind of like the ones based on cartoons I grew up with such as the already mentioned He-Man, and I also have the GI Joe Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. The upcoming Transformers POPs are tempting for the same reason.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 1, 2020, 10:06 AM »
I get people not liking the POP aesthetic but the number of figures that no one other than Funko produces makes me love them.

I also went overboard and then had to bail some. Probably should purge a bit more. I try now to stick to the afore mentioned figures that have no other representation. How can you not have a Lloyd Christmas in his tux? Or Scott Pilgrim? Or Alex DeLarge? Etc etc etc.

Not to mention SW characters that Hasbro has yet to make.