Author Topic: Masters of the WWE Universe  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Masters of the WWE Universe
« on: July 22, 2020, 08:09 PM »
Little bit He-Man, little bit wrestling...not sure where it belonged for sure, but it is it’s own toy line so here we go. Although I was a huge wrestling fan in the 80s and early 90s, I’ve managed to avoid wrestling figures in general aside from some of the old thumb wrestlers and LJN figures when I was a kid.  However I have grabbed a couple from this line (Macho Man and Warrior), and hope to get any other wrestlers from my childhood as I’m able to. Nice simple figures that are compatible with the upcoming MOTU Origins reboot line.

Anyways, they announced a new wave today that includes one of my favorite things...a Mr. T figure whose tag line on the box is “Heroic Pitier of Fools”. Just outstanding. Like seemingly everything else lately, this line is a Wal-Mart exclusive...so it will be challenging, but I must have this. Also a Jake the Snake Roberts on the way, and Hulk Hogan (but as a pack in for the ring).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 12:32 PM by Brian »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Masters of the WWE Universe
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 10:06 AM »
I bought the Grayskull Ring with Triple H and John Cena. These are pretty great toys, and like you said Brian, I’m looking forward to Mr. T. I kind of like the Rattlesnake Ring that has Hulk Hogan, but one ring is enough.

I thought about buying the Triple H figure that was on the card, but those disappeared fast around here. Same with the Macho Man Randy Savage figure.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of the WWE Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 07:14 PM »
I’ve been trying to pick up the figures from this line that I remember from when I was watching wrestling, which for me runs roughly mid 80s to early 90s, when I was ALL IN with wrestling. I didn’t get the first ring but ended up getting the Snake Mountain one to get Hulk Hogan. I’ve also picked up Macho Man, Warrior, and Jake the Snake. The figure I want the most, Mr T, is nowhere to be found locally or online. Looking forward to Roddy Piper and Ricky Steamboat later in 2021 as well.