Author Topic: ESB Droid Factory  (Read 2216 times)

Offline antgal

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
ESB Droid Factory
« on: August 22, 2003, 01:17 PM »
Hi,
I picked up aa ESB Droid Factory at the thrift store at the end of my street yesyerday for my other half. I didn't take it out of the box while I was in the store, but I could see that there was manuals in the box (usually a good sign). So I thought to myself..ehh a dollar what odds. My bf came home and I gave it to him "cool" says he.Hmmm if this is all here it might be worth something. One white connector piece is all that is missing (16 was supposed be there we have 15). Even  the piece the connectors were attached to was in the box! My question is ...is it as rare a product as some sites have led me to believe...or? Someone is selling one on E-bay now with a starting price of 109.00. Neither one of us  is a collector of SW stuff...soooo. We might sell it so he can get his long denied childhood desire....an original Transformers Megatron which he informed me yesterday was all he wanted for xmas lol.I would love to hear any and all thoughts!
Cheers

Offline figureaddict

• Youngling
  • Ohh Monkey!
    • View Profile
Re: ESB Droid Factory
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 02:57 PM »
Not as rare as people would like you to believe.
Jason, Super Sci-Fi Space Monkey

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 08:54 PM »
Very good find there antgal, and welcome to JediDefender!   ;D
dustrho

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 10:04 PM »
Not as rare as people would like you to believe.

It's probably more hard to find with it's box than the SW Droid Factory and its not exactly a piece of cake to find a complete (or in this case practically complete) Droid Factory. With all the small parts it's no wonder practically ever D.F. auction I've come across has been incomplete. It took me buying two sets just to make one complete one. With that said, the Droid Factory itself isn't a big money maker, in fact in the current vintage market a lot of the playsets/vehicles which were going for big bucks just a year ago aren't selling for too much nowadays. If you go about selling the ESB Droid Factory, you probably will only get bids from those who are serious about collecting items in every form of packaging they came in. At the same time, since the item is opened it won't go for as much as if it was still sealed. Nevertheless, a great find, good luck!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline antgal

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 09:13 AM »
Thanks to evceryone, you've been great !
I am happy to announce that it is now complete! Went back to the thrift store with my bf and to where I had found it, moved some boxes, and there it was the 16th connector piece! It is all there...God love anal retentive children!! ;D

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 01:01 AM »
congrats! as i mentioned before it's an accomplishment to get a complete set. so what are you goin to do with it now? keep it? or sell it to get megatron?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot