Author Topic: Hyperfirm DLT-19 (1:1)  (Read 5813 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Hyperfirm DLT-19 (1:1)
« on: June 10, 2017, 11:17 PM »
Looks like my DLT-19 is almost ready to ship out of the HFx shop!

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 11:18 PM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Hyperfirm DLT-19 (1:1)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 01:42 PM »
They have some nice stuff!  I saw that you are going to join the 501st.  What kind of trooper are you going to be?  Where did you get your kit?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 04:19 PM »
Yeah! My kit is Anovos. At roughly 5'8 in the boots, I'll be a Luke stormtrooper. ;)

I'm also acquiring the materials to go Heavy Weapons Trooper. I'm kind of waiting to see if EA Battlefront 2's Heavy class has a cooler looking backpack than the classic BF2 that the HWT CRL is based on. In the future, I'd like to build a classic TIE Pilot costume, as well, but finances will have to be right.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 04:21 PM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 12:36 PM »
I have an Anovos kit as well.  Someday I'll finish putting it together.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 01:30 PM »
In hand...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 03:48 PM »
OMG!!!!!

That looks amazing.  And it also bears an uncanny resemblance to the German MG that it's based upon. 

On a related note, there seems to be a thing now about cosplay weapons at conventions following an incident at the Phoenix Comic Con.  Because of that security got real at this particular con, complete with law enforcement getting involved.  It was all thanks to some deranged guy who was convinced that he was the Punisher, and was going for an unhealthy degree of authenticity with his cosplay.  Right down to having as many as 4 loaded guns on him, and making threats to take out what he regarded as bad cops.  WTF?!?!?!?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 03:56 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 03:55 PM »
Hey Nick! I went with the DLT-19 for a couple of reasons, one of which is its resemblance to the MG34. Along with a ton of Star Wars stuff, I also have a number of WWII items including a near-matching 1938 P08. The DLT-19 works with both interests!

I plan on trooping with the rifle with the 501st, but I also expect a lot of functions will prefer we not have any weaponry. I've even seen theaters ask people not to have lightsabers. Kind of sad.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 04:05 PM »
The 501st is always pretty solid about staffing events.  And I appreciate their efforts.  Security at a con can probably clear those guys pretty easily from the standpoint of screening volunteers since they've got manageable numbers of people who would volunteer with the 501st.  I did also hear from some friends who were attending that Phoenix con, and they talked about waiting for HOURS to get through the security screenings that had to be hastily arranged following this issue.  And in the case of screening a con where there could be thousands of attendees?  That's a monumental task in comparison.

As for the lightsabers?  I kind of get that.  Not so much from the standpoint of people using them like weapons.  It's not like fans with FX lightsabers are attending kendo classes to the point where they're dangerous with any kind of saber.  Rather, I've come to find them a little distracting from a movie going experience since some people may be a little overzealous with lighting them.  And I get the sense that they're not always prepared to think outside of themselves, and consider the viewing experience of other people in the theater.  If you're in a tense moment of the film and you're super focused on what's happening on screen, having someone else in the audience light up an FX saber can be super distracting.  So I'm a little more inclined to side with preserving the viewing experience for a theater full of people.

But back on topic?  The DLT-19 looks awesome.  And what armor are you going to be trooping in?  Ever since (the first) Battlefront came out, a Scout Trooper using the DLT-19 (or similar long blaster) like a sniper rifle really struck me as an awesome look.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 04:11 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 04:37 PM »
Check the webpage of whatever Con you're going to.  They usually have cosplay rules for folks regarding prop weapons.

Nice looking rifle AE...Hyperfirm does great work!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 07:00 AM »
OMG!!!!!

That looks amazing.  And it also bears an uncanny resemblance to the German MG that it's based upon. 

On a related note, there seems to be a thing now about cosplay weapons at conventions following an incident at the Phoenix Comic Con.  Because of that security got real at this particular con, complete with law enforcement getting involved.  It was all thanks to some deranged guy who was convinced that he was the Punisher, and was going for an unhealthy degree of authenticity with his cosplay.  Right down to having as many as 4 loaded guns on him, and making threats to take out what he regarded as bad cops.  WTF?!?!?!?

Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long for this to happen.  I've always thought that some kook would go nuts at one of these things getting too far into "character."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 07:07 AM »
I figured an accidentally chambered weapon might go off someday. Never really imagined some idiot would intentionally carry locked and loaded. And it's annoying because his costume sucked. I've been tryin to lose weight for my stormtrooper armor to look as accurate as possible, so I'm annoyed at everyone right now that is 100 lbs out of character.  >:(