Author Topic: Forces of Destiny  (Read 4643 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Forces of Destiny
« on: July 9, 2017, 10:29 AM »
Did I miss this on Disney Channel already today?

Is the "guide" just missing it?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Forces of Destiny
« Reply #1 on: July 9, 2017, 11:25 AM »
They're on YouTube, Nick.

They're good for what they are.  Don't care for the "Days of Our Lives" intro though

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 9, 2017, 11:38 AM »
I thought they were all supposed to be on Disney today? Guess I misunderstood
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 9, 2017, 01:25 PM »
I thought they were all supposed to be on Disney today? Guess I misunderstood

Maybe they are.  I don't know but there's at least 5 on YouTube now.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 9, 2017, 01:34 PM »
They're on the Disney YouTube channel.  I thought they would have been on the official Star Wars channel, but they're not. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 9, 2017, 04:44 PM »
I've watched them on the smart tv so I could see them on a bigger screen and I really enjoy them.  To me they're like an extension of the Tartakovsky 2D clone wars toon.  They've got action, fill little dead spots in the films sometimes, and are all just fun to me.

There's some guys claiming they're pushing an agenda...  I guess because they're female centered, and I suppose in the sense they're maybe trying to appeal to younger female fans they are(?), but I like them.  I even like the animation which I've heard called "cheap".  Guess I'm easy that way.

I'm hoping they branch to more characters but not because I have anything against the females.  I just think the format is cool for mini stories and I'd love to see more characters get this treatment.  I dunno why the bitching from some fans but I guess it's a way of life at this point for folks and they can't do anything else. :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 10:15 AM »
Don't care for the "Days of Our Lives" intro though

Yea, the intro could be better.  The voice over is weird and too dramatic.  Is that supposed to be Maz Kanata doing the intro?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 10:28 AM »
Don't care for the "Days of Our Lives" intro though

Yea, the intro could be better.  The voice over is weird and too dramatic.  Is that supposed to be Maz Kanata doing the intro?

I believe it is Maz.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 02:59 PM »
I've watched them on the smart tv so I could see them on a bigger screen and I really enjoy them.  To me they're like an extension of the Tartakovsky 2D clone wars toon.  They've got action, fill little dead spots in the films sometimes, and are all just fun to me.

There's some guys claiming they're pushing an agenda...  I guess because they're female centered, and I suppose in the sense they're maybe trying to appeal to younger female fans they are(?), but I like them.  I even like the animation which I've heard called "cheap".  Guess I'm easy that way.

I wound up watching it the same way.  The short web format keeps the stories focused and moving quickly, just like the Clone Wars micro series was structured.

As for the shift in focus towards some of the female characters?  It's fine by me.  The entire saga was pretty much dominated by male characters through the OT, PT and Clone Wars.  There were always strong female characters, but they weren't always the central focus.  It's nice to see those female characters be able to step forward in lead roles.  And I feel that much better about watching the show with my daughter.

One of the biggest positives that I've noticed?  The voice acting.  There are a significant number of movie actors along with animated series voice actors who are reprising their roles.  Just check out the IMDB cast page!  That gives this project a lot more credibility for me.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 3, 2017, 02:48 PM »
I've see a few of these episodes which tend to pop up on my Facebook feed (via Starwars.com) from time to time.  These are good for what they are, but unlike Rebels or the Clone Wars shows, just aren't my cup of tea... They seem to stand apart from the Saga in a way, while still a part of it.  The shows are definitely oriented towards a younger female audience - the female characters take center stage, typically solve the episode's conflict themselves without much assistance from their male counterparts, and even the series title gives a sense of building empowerment.  But really, that is OK with me in this case.  The Star Wars Universe has so often been a male-dominated universe that the strong heroines need to be highlighted.  If I had kids and they were girls, this would definitely be on their watch list.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D