Author Topic: TLJ 3.75" Basic Figure Line  (Read 48428 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: TLJ 3.75" Basic Figure Line
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 06:00 PM »
Not sure if it's still there but it was linked on the RS homepage.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 06:00 PM by Rob »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 08:06 PM »
These look much improved from the TFA figures, which is good. Glad to see the silly accessories are gone. Bet these will still be eight bucks, though.  ::)

Packaging is great, seems to have a vintage influence with the big picture on the card. Hasbro is really pimping that Force Link thing, which I figure they'll stop supporting around this time next year if at all.

I think, so far, that I'll only be getting Luke and Rey on Force Friday, and wait to see what's up with Paige and Rose. Might end up grabbing Kylo too because I know I will.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 09:54 PM »
Fans can buy marked down Hux's for the mouse droids this time next year. yay.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 11:53 AM »
I like the look of a lot of these...but I'm holding out for the new Vintage line.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 10:32 PM »
The way I figure it, they're fodder if a better one gets made.  *shrugs*

It always happened in customizing.  You'd make it with the risk Hasbro may do it eventually and better.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 1, 2017, 07:36 AM »
Here's a new figure that I didn't know about until I saw it listed at HTS.  It's OOS, of course.

GENERAL LEIA ORGANA FORCE LINK FIGURE
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 1, 2017, 10:06 AM »
Is the C-3PO meaningfully new?  I picked him up this morning but am tempted to return him.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 1, 2017, 10:18 AM »
All the coverings are gold on this Threepio.  The only previous version of Threepio like that was in the ROTS line. 

As for the sculpt?  I don't know if it's the same as the TFA version, but then that release had the red arm.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 1, 2017, 07:53 PM »
Very strange that the Leia figure just wasn't included to make the first waves of the Teal and Orange assortments 6 figures each. It's almost like some exec somewhere looked at the figure list and was like "12 figures and four of them are female?!!! Drop that down by one!"

Also interesting that two characters are nowhere to be found in the 3.75" scale - Phasma and BB-8.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #24 on: September 1, 2017, 09:10 PM »
It's inexplicable that BB-8 is not available in any figure format from Hasbro today. I think him and BB-9 on a card (apparently they're both coming with a FO Disguise Rose) together would be wildfire, but what do I know. Phasma is another head scratcher. I'd love to have been able to buy Leia on FF, who is the best figure we've seen so far.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: September 1, 2017, 09:35 PM »
Barely anything here outside of TRU.  Target, Walmart, Kmart, all pooped the proverbial bed on these.

6" wasn't terribly different but a little better it seemed.

I wasn't buying much of anything so I wasn't impacted personally but yeah, that bites.

Saw a little girl going with a Rose and Hux figure today, and thought that was nice to see.  She seemed happy.  I'm glad because that was all the WM had that I saw.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 2, 2017, 12:29 AM »
My little girl story. I was at Target and some young mother was there with her young kids, the mother said "I want to check out the new Star Wars stuff."

The one daughter, who was maybe like 5,  said "It's boring!"

The mother said "You think Star Wars stuff is boring? You'd better find a new family to live with."  :D
« Last Edit: September 2, 2017, 12:29 AM by Scockery »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 2, 2017, 12:32 AM »
So I was looking at the EE case solicitations for Orange and Teal Wave 2 cases - which apparently aren't due until December 2017  :o

Anyway, on the Teal Side, Wave 2 consists of:
1x SW E8 VICTOR 3 (Hux)
2x SW E8 SWU FOXTROT 2 ORANGE (Rose)
2x SW E8 SWU COOL ALPHA 1 (Chewie)
2x SW E8 SWU DELTA 3 (C-3PO)
2x SW E4 SWU OBI WAN KENOBI
3x SW E3 SWU YODA

So basically, that case is the same as Wave 1, but they dropped the excellent Paige figure.

On the Orange Side, Wave 2 consists of:
2x Jyn Erso
2x DJ (Canto Bight)
2x Luke Skywalker (Jedi Exile)
2x R2-D2
2x General Leia Organa
2x Rey (Island Journey)

I'm very surprised that we have a Jyn Erso slotted in there and VERY curious as to what the figure is. If it ends up being her in the Imperial Ground Crew disguise, I will be quite happy as I only was able to get one set of RO Wave 3 figures. DJ is the character being played by Benecio Del Toro. I wonder if the Luke figure will be Luke in the darker outfit and Rey will be in that outfit we got a pretty good pic of in the Vanity Fair article which looks to be just a variation on the outfit she had on at the end of TFA.

The General Leia Organa figure is odd, especially considering that we are getting that other General/Princess Leia figure that is a one-off from the Disney Store/Hasbro Toy Shop. Here's hoping that this is the 3.75" version of the 6" figure of the same name.

Considering that a 3-pack featuring Rose in her First Order disguise, BB-8 and BB-9E is coming to Toys R Us, I am surprised that a 3.75" version of the 6" Finn in First Order Disguise figure isn't coming as well.

So does this mean, with the exception of multipacks and exclusives, the basic figure line is only going to have eight "new" figures between now and the end of the year?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: September 2, 2017, 11:07 PM »
I'm very surprised that we have a Jyn Erso slotted in there and VERY curious as to what the figure is.

Rumor popped up a while back that a new Jyn with Death Star Tape accessory was coming... not sure on outfit as it was just a rumor.

The General Leia Organa figure is odd, especially considering that we are getting that other General/Princess Leia figure that is a one-off from the Disney Store/Hasbro Toy Shop. Here's hoping that this is the 3.75" version of the 6" figure of the same name.

Conflicting reports, but it sounds like that Ep8 General Leia is the same as the one coming in the Orange Wave 2 case.  Not sure why it got leaked early on by Disney and HTS unless they are just heading off the "WHERE'S LEIA" outrage by showing her already.  :-X

So does this mean, with the exception of multipacks and exclusives, the basic figure line is only going to have eight "new" figures between now and the end of the year?

I think those expected dates are due to spoiler concerns with that 2nd Luke and 2nd Rey in the Orange Wave 2 case.  I'm not going to post potential spoilers in here, but think of it like the way Disney avoided the "Resistance Rey with lightsaber" figure pre-TFA release date.   Teal Wave 2 should come earlier as some of Obi-Wan and Yoda have already hit ebay and Asia. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 3, 2017, 04:22 AM »
As for the sculpt?  I don't know if it's the same as the TFA version, but then that release had the red arm.

Haven't bought it yet, but has anyone noticed the black left palm in the pic at HTS? Reminds me of the gloves used by weight lifters. Display it in your cube with a mini-barbell in 3PO's hand and the WTF!? reactions from co-workers should be enough to warrant the figure's purchase.