Author Topic: TLJ 3.75" Basic Figure Line  (Read 48166 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: TLJ 3.75" Basic Figure Line
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2017, 04:18 PM »
Picked up Obi-Wan and Yoda today. Pegs were finally full at this WM, which was neat to see.  I'm hoping Hasbro found the right number this time, and we don't have two or three waves that don't make it to retail.

I also noticed that the lightsabers in this line no longer have the flare near the hilt that they've had since the first Saga line.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2017, 05:39 PM »
Went out today, and did see a lot of figures at TRU. They had a nice display of stuff at the front of the store, and I saw several of each basic figure (picked up another Luke). I don't think they had any new Black Series, although they did have the Gree. I know it is completely normal for TRU to have special "feature" sections for current entertainment, but it is funny how - at least our store - essentially has two Star Wars sections. The one at the front with all the new stuff, and the one at the back - full - with Rogue One or TFA stuff, and nothing else.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2017, 03:25 PM »
I never opened anything from this line from TFA because the sculpting work was incredibly mediocre. Rouge One  was a different story because it was within the OT time frame and I found the sculpting to be quite decent. Have to admit that I'm liking what I'm seeing from TLJ line in terms of quality and very tempted to start opening packages, but not there yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2017, 10:37 AM »
I see Jayson posted a pic of the Jyn Erso from Wave 2 on Twitter - man. I know they plan these things in advance, but I would have held one of the Jyn variant costumes if they were going to revisit her in this line.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2017, 12:04 PM »
I see Jayson posted a pic of the Jyn Erso from Wave 2 on Twitter - man. I know they plan these things in advance, but I would have held one of the Jyn variant costumes if they were going to revisit her in this line.

Yeah, that's dumb.  We know she's at least partially new because of the force link, so why not try to do something different with her.  When they rebooted Jakku Rey for the RO line, they at least gave her the new 'head wrap' head sculpt. 

Would have been nicer to get something at least partially new, like Eadu Jyn without her hat on, or even something as simple as sculpting a "hood down"/scarf type piece for this figure since she spent most of the time that way on Jedha.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2017, 12:09 PM »
And now we know the only figure we will see from December to Wookie Weekend 2018.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2017, 12:16 PM »
This would have been a good opportunity for a Shore Trooper or even a Death Trooper. This line so far has a deficit of army builders (and aliens... and droids...) and if they needed to show some RO love, I would have done it there. Unless like I said, there was a different Jyn they could have done. Like the Imperial Disguise version. Which I still don't have.  ::)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2017, 07:01 PM »
Wow - Jyn Erso from Jedha. I'm speechless. There are so many variations they could have gone with, to give us EXACTLY the same thing we already got in spades from the Rogue One line is just absurd (and disappointing).
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2017, 08:08 PM »
I'm with Jeff on getting a scarf sculpted "down" or something.  Jyn from Eadu would've been better, as I know she didn't last long on shelves compared to this one.  Whatever though. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2017, 08:20 PM »
Something a little different would have been good.  Especially since it seems that they had to re-tool the figure in order to include the Force Link chip.  And when you look at a chain like TRU where they still have loads of ROGUE ONE stock, including the R1 version of this figure?  It's tough to justify buying this one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 5, 2017, 10:52 AM »
More fromTHIS STAR WARS ACTION NEWS VIDEO at the Hasbro collector media event at New York Comic Con 2017. 

3.75" Basic Figures (Force Link)
-Maz Kanata (Episode 8, with backpack)
-C'ai Threnalli (Episode 8 - Abednedo Resistance pilot with removable helmet, clear yellow visor)

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: October 5, 2017, 11:00 AM »
pics from @justinlasalata

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 5, 2017, 11:02 AM »
Good pics, Justin!

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 5, 2017, 11:14 AM »
Not Atsy.

I guess that TFA boxed set was just for the chest accessory.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #74 on: October 5, 2017, 11:32 AM »
I appreciate the do over on the pilot, but so far the TLJ line seems to be in large measure the TFA figures, again.