Author Topic: TLJ 3.75" Basic Figure Line  (Read 48164 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: TLJ 3.75" Basic Figure Line
« Reply #45 on: September 9, 2017, 12:26 PM »
So are there any interesting alien characters in this movie?

Very bummed at the lack of new aliens / droids weirdo stuff so far for this line. This has got to be the first SW movie line ever that does not feature any alien character that is not a legacy character in its first wave(s).

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 9, 2017, 03:05 PM »
I have no idea if he actually does this in TLJ or not, but after I walked out of TFA, I was like - how he's getting up there? This would seem to at least support him using his rockets again, and I personally wouldn't mind it.

I dunno... if that's the case, why didn't Artoo just fly when he left Luke's farm looking for Obi-Wan?  Why didn't he just fly over to Luke and hand him his lightsaber at the Sarlacc Pit??  It just seems totally dumb to me that this clunky little guy could fly for one movie, not fly the other times we saw him, and is suddenly going to fly again.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: September 9, 2017, 03:32 PM »
It just seems totally dumb to me that this clunky little guy could fly for one movie

Two movies - he used the leg rockets in ROTS to set the SBDs on fire on Grievous' ship. ;)

At one point after ROTS, LFL Holocron dudes tried to say "the warranty expired" or "he broke them after the Clone Wars" to explain it away.  I'm sure there will be a Marvel comic about it someday...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2017, 11:24 AM »
I have no idea if he actually does this in TLJ or not, but after I walked out of TFA, I was like - how he's getting up there? This would seem to at least support him using his rockets again, and I personally wouldn't mind it.

I dunno... if that's the case, why didn't Artoo just fly when he left Luke's farm looking for Obi-Wan?  Why didn't he just fly over to Luke and hand him his lightsaber at the Sarlacc Pit??  It just seems totally dumb to me that this clunky little guy could fly for one movie, not fly the other times we saw him, and is suddenly going to fly again.

Maybe some tech fixed them while R2 was sleeping? Maybe the figure is from ATOC?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2017, 10:34 PM »
Based on the artwork and the jets, you have to think this is an AOTC R2-D2.  The same goes for the new Yoda.  I got the sense that it's an AOTC Yoda purely based on the stance and the lightsaber.  That seemed like it was straight out of Episode II.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2017, 10:36 AM »
If it's AOTC R2, that's fine... that's a mistake that's already been made.

If he's flying again in TLJ...

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2017, 10:51 AM »
Based on the artwork and the jets, you have to think this is an AOTC R2-D2.  The same goes for the new Yoda.  I got the sense that it's an AOTC Yoda purely based on the stance and the lightsaber.  That seemed like it was straight out of Episode II.

If he's flying again in TLJ...

The Hasbro sell sheet lists Yoda as ROTS Yoda (SW E3 SWU YODA). 

The Hasbro sell sheet lists R2-D2 as TLJ R2-D2 (SW E8 DELTA 2 STAKEOUT) so...  wait and see on the flying in TLJ, I guess.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2017, 11:25 AM »
I could see the Yoda being either an Episode 2 or Episode 3 version. 

But the R2-D2 is another thing entirely.  From a story standpoint it seems odd to have R2 doing that again in the Sequels when the flying feature had not been seen since ROTS.  But I guess we have to wait until December to know more.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:26 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2017, 03:14 PM »
Maybe Rey was board one night and decided to fix R2? I bet Luke didn't even know R2 could do that.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2017, 05:19 PM »
R2-D2 might actually have some story significance moving forward.  Bail Organa had C-3PO's memory wiped at the end of ROTS, but not R2-D2.  Is it possible that Luke might have been able to access some of R2's memory files following ROTJ?  Because that might have enabled him to learn more about his parents and the Jedi Order.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2017, 05:27 PM »
Found, and snagged, a Luke today... because I wanted to see how the cloak looks on the 3.75 inch Black Series Luke. :-[
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2017, 06:06 PM »
R2 flies up the stairs Rey climbed and Luke looks at him like wtf and says "you could do this the whole time but just didn't?  You *******".  R2 giggle beeps in reply.  End scene.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2017, 03:51 PM »
Saw Yoda and Obi Wan at a Target today
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:50 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2017, 06:06 PM »
I haven't been running everywhere lately, but when I've checked stores, it seems like everything in the basic figure line is typically sold out. Hopefully they are able to get more shipments out soon. It seems like toy aisles are generally more empty or stagnant than they were when we were kids.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2017, 07:49 PM »
I'm finding the opposite. In fact, I have no problem finding Luke and Rey from the 3.75" line either. And it doesn't hurt that the Rey/Praetorian Guard 2-pack is plentiful as well, so any kid looking to get Rey from the new movie shouldn't be having any problem at all. So from an optics stand-point - Hasbro did something RIGHT for once.

The only figure that I don't see much of anymore is Paige - and that's probably due to the fact that in the later cases of the Teal assortment she's been dropped to make room for Obi-Wan and Yoda - both of whom I'm seeing more and more of.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!