Author Topic: TLJ 3.75" Class A Creature/Droid Assortment  (Read 28715 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: TLJ 3.75" Class A Creature/Droid Assortment
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2018, 09:25 AM »
When you buy something to just put in a storage container, you probably should stop collecting.

My storage bin collecting days mostly went away when I started opening stuff, but it annoys me to  no end when people tell other people this. Great decision for yourself. Others can decide for themselves
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:26 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2018, 10:33 AM »
When you buy something to just put in a storage container, you probably should stop collecting.

Great decision for yourself. Others can decide for themselves

Agree with Nick - people should decide for themselves what, when, why, where, and how they collect.  No need to judge.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2018, 05:41 PM »
Seconded agreement.  I have scads of stuff in storage bins and I have good reasons for it, not that I even need the reasons.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2018, 06:07 PM »
Did you really purchase these to open them and put them in a container?   ;D

No.  They're going on the shelves as soon as I can get things organized for display purposes.  But that's been more of a long term project than I had foreseen.

And unboxing is a good thing in terms of space.  Because the space that the boxes take up is considerable compared to the toy itself.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:08 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2018, 10:42 PM »
For the record, I wasn't judging....just wanted to give Nick a hard time!  :D

I have a bunch of stuff on display, but also have plenty of Rubbermaid bins full of stuff.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2018, 11:53 PM »
It does beg the question, just how many Wampas can you display?

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2018, 03:53 PM »
It does beg the question, just how many Wampas can you display?

I always go with the newest version (or the version I like the most) for display.

Older ones either get used for customs, thrown into one of my kids' toy boxes, stored for later, or sold off cheap.

My wife and I have started some discussions about moving sometime in the next 2 years... eek.  That means all my stuff will have to go into storage for a while. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2018, 09:31 PM »
The spare probe droids can always be used to fill out an Imperial diorama.  With the Wampas?  If my Hoth diorama gets to any sort of size beyond the scenes from TESB, I might make the infamous "Wampa room" that C-3PO pulled down the sign from, and use the old Wampas for that.

But then I look at old vehicles, and who really wants to display the old style X-wing compared with the upsized version that was first offered around 2002?  The same goes for A LOT of POTF2 era figures.  I am just at a loss about what to do with some of them because I really don't want to display about 80% of them unless it's the only rendition of a character.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:35 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2018, 11:30 PM »
I have a retired figs box that goes up in my shop...  should probably unload those but I'm reluctant to.

Probots I bought scads of for $5 and plan to do some varying decos with most of them.  They were used on the battlefield in EU so I'm sorta figuring they maybe came in various camo flavors if that's the case.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2018, 12:49 AM »
Probots I bought scads of for $5 and plan to do some varying decos with most of them.  They were used on the battlefield in EU so I'm sorta figuring they maybe came in various camo flavors if that's the case.

I have a couple extras from the TLJ blowout too and I'm tempted to try to turn one into a Solo Viper Droid from the Conveyex heist...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2018, 09:12 AM »

I have a couple extras from the TLJ blowout too and I'm tempted to try to turn one into a Solo Viper Droid from the Conveyex heist...

I would personally hold off on the customizing.  Simply because the SOLO version of the Viper droid screams "Shut up and take my money!"  They were one of the coolest droid designs we've seen since K-2SO in Rogue One.

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2018, 02:11 PM »

I wish I had that luck. That set never made it to the $5 bin around here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2018, 03:59 PM »
One wm never had many and another had so much of those wave of figures and stuff it was insane.  An endcap stuffed with mostly Rathtars but obviously a lot of probots got in there too.  Nuts on the Rathtars count tho.