Author Topic: TLJ 3.75" TIE Silencer w/Kylo Ren  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
TLJ 3.75" TIE Silencer w/Kylo Ren
« on: July 21, 2017, 10:24 AM »
Sill 'unofficial' for now, but lots of rumors (and hints from toy listings being pulled from computer systems by Bothans) that Kylo's new ride will get the 'new year, new TIE' toy treatment this Fall.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: TLJ 3.75" TIE Silencer w/Kylo Ren
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 01:21 PM »
I like the look.  Reminiscent of Vader's TIE in the original movie.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 02:02 PM »
They can pretty much do anything to a TIE and I'm all in. Excellent!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 06:11 PM »
Not that this was intended I feel sure, but it's got a distinct look comparable to the TIE Avenger/Advanced from TIE Fighter, and while maybe not intended at all, the fact it does gives me all the feels of logical evolutionary features, especially for a smaller military force focusing on superior tech than numbers.  I'd love to think that it's going to be a nice sized ship, but tough to say.  Their FO TIEs were tiny, so I dunno.  I can dream at least.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: August 3, 2017, 10:01 AM »
Info update from Yakface.com:

E8 Kylo Ren TIE Silencer (w/Kylo Ren) – Class D
DPCI:  087-06-8318
SKU: 377894791
UPC: 630509519477
MSRP: $49.99
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 12:56 AM »
Price on this seemed high...  just found out lights and sounds are pushing said price pretty high all activated by the force link thing.  Looked like engine lights which were pretty damn cool, actually.  Ship looks a big larger than I imagined too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 09:40 AM »
I saw Jayson post over at Yakface that the commercials had been pulled, but I still had a cached version of one spot that I could still watch on my laptop.  Based on the commercial, it seems that the Force Link tech is integrated into figures and vehicles alike, and even the pack-in figures may interact with Force Link.

They also let a fact drop during the commercial:  over 30 figures will interact with Force Link.  Is that an indication of the size of the TLJ line?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:41 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 01:29 PM »
That's probably conservative, since there are 20ish between the basic figures and pack-ins that will be available on FF2 alone. RO I want to say had 40 or so 5 POA figs by the end, so I'd think TLJ will be the same or more.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 1, 2017, 05:09 PM »
Just opened the TIE Silencer I got this morning a few minutes ago.  Overall this is a nice toy!  I suspect it is undersized, but the toy is still rather large and sizes in well-enough with the "properly" scaled TIE Interceptor and big-wing TIE Fighter from a few years ago.  The model has some heft to it.  The cockpit is rather detailed (compared with other new ships since the Disney takeover) with the seat, control counsels, foot pedals, and other controls shown.  I really like the pop-out missile launchers in that they are standard spring-loaded missiles (NOT Nerf darts!) and conceal well within the wings.  I do not have the Force Link system yet, so cannot operate the lights and sounds.  My only gripes?  Yet again the wings are somewhat rubbery and splay a little out of shape...  I can see warpage being a factor over the long term.  It also would be great if the lights and sounds could be operated without the Force Link system.  Otherwise, this is a decent Star Wars ship and quite a bit better, IMHO, than the 3.75" First Order Special Forces TIE that was released for the TFA film. 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: September 1, 2017, 09:46 PM »
This one is on my radar...  probably not for full $50 but I'm eying it up for sure.  The light-up engine alone had my attention but the ship overall seems like they went the extra mile with it.  I thought maybe Ren would have some kind of flight gear or at least his bucket.  It's one of the only ships I've seen with any regularity, actually.  So far the A-Wing and CB Speeder I don't see as often.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 12:40 PM »
Well, the new TLJ trailer does show Kylo in his TIE Silencer without a helmet, so the figure that comes with the Hasbro ship is likely accurate 8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 12:36 PM »
I came across this article on Gizmodo.com about how the design of Hasbro’s TIE Silencer toy changed the way the ship was depicted in the movie.  Thought it seemed relevant  ;)

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-toy-design-actually-forced-a-change-to-star-wars-the-1823070091