Author Topic: 2019 Target "Cave of Evil" Special Action Figure Set  (Read 6882 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Target "Cave of Evil" Special Action Figure Set
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 06:19 PM »
I always feel like the cloth robes on Yoda come out clunky, but sure.  Is it some kind of improvement over previous versions?  Probably not.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2019, 09:54 AM »
It looks like TVC Yoda which is an awesome sculpt.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2019, 02:57 PM »
I picked up this set last night.  Luke looks just okay if you ignore the arms.  But the aesthetic of the arms definitely suffers because of the mechanical reality of the articulation.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2019, 09:13 PM »
I have been excited about this set since it was announced. I did not get 2nd openers of either figure when they were released in the Black Series and I had always wanted to be able to pair them up with Yoda riding on Luke's back.

While I agree with what everyone has said regarding Luke's arms, if you do set him up with the pack on his pack and Yoda in the pack, and then have Luke's arms posed so that they are folded back and his hands looking like they are clasping the shoulder straps of the backpack, as a figure display, it does look quite good, so I'm sure that's what Hasbro was going for with this figure.

The one way this three pack could have been better is if they had packaged it up like the Skiff Guards and individually carded each figure on a TVC cardback.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2019, 02:13 PM »
I’m kind of torn on this set. On one hand, I rarely ever pass on an OT item in that beautiful vintage packaging. On the other hand I can’t say I’m overly excited for the set outside of the Yoda. That real scan has really made all the difference in both scales of figures, and has me (re)buying a lot of them.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 8, 2020, 01:50 PM »
I'm hoping to pick up another of these sets, albeit on clearance.  Mostly to get another Yoda.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback