Author Topic: TVC Rogue One Imperial Assault Tank  (Read 80800 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Rogue One Imperial Assault Tank
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2018, 07:33 PM »
Very glad to see Hasbro upping their game again, on this vehicle for example and other aspects for the 3.75" collector. 

The reveals for this, the upcoming figures, and the Sail Barge are staggering compared to what we saw the past 4-5 years... I can't remember the last time I was this hyped up and excited as a collector, fan, customizer, etc.

I have been very vocal about my dismay for Hasbro especially the past few years, and felt TVC was their chance to start doing things like they used to do - and it looks like they are at least going to try to get back to the glory days for 3.75" collectors again.  I doubt will ever get back to the level it used to be, but things are finally looking up from my corner of the hobby.

As for the Sail Barge...  I don't expect it will get 5000 backers - but it's a potential once in a generation type item so I have to support this thing.  To me it reminds me of how mesmerized I was by the GI JOE USS FLAGG playset.

Overall, I feel like a little kid, all giddy with excitement.  Hasbro's showing efforts again to win back the people who have been unhappy.  I have missed this feeling and it's great to experience it again.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2018, 07:37 PM »
Tank is gorgeous.

If they open the Sail Barge to international buyers, I think 5000 will be very obtainable. I'm very curious how all this is going to do. There's a lot of competition for our $$$ with all the amazing work from Marvel and Funko and etc.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2018, 08:45 PM »
The tank is insanely well done.  To-scale, full detailed interior based on the ICS design for it.  Only missing the commander at this point, which I'd gladly buy for all 3 of these I intend to own out the gate.  The tank is so reminiscent of the StgIII from World War II, to me, and that's one of my more liked designs from the war.  I love what Hasbro was able to put together with this, and the opening Kyber Crystal container that has a removable container INSIDE the larger container, and then a further removable crystal.  That's just awesome.  I wish it came with the commander as a pack-in is my only wish, but I just hope they repaint the tanker to make the commander now.

Love this thing!  Easily the most cool thing they're doing, to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2018, 09:59 PM »
Agreed, it looks so cool it's almost like it's not even a Hasbro product.  It's crazy what they are capable of when they just go for it. 

Hasbro can be the simply amazing when they want to be, which is why I get so frustrated when they reduce their efforts.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2018, 10:05 PM »
Again I'm loving this and all in but I can only laugh at the idea of parents and collectors reactions if all vehicles were $80.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:23 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2018, 10:38 PM »
Agreed, it's very pricey. 

I'll pay it of course, but it seems like a better buy to me than the Solo Falcon that's going to retail for $100.  I get they sized it down and wanted to include new electronics and all, but I can't believe that thing doesn't come with landing gear...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2018, 10:41 PM »
That tank is a thing of beauty.  Definitely down for one.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2018, 11:03 PM »
Beautiful piece, Hasbro has really brought their a game again. I'd like to get one but will have to see. I'm on the fence about trying to save up for that sail barge instead.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2018, 02:09 AM »
Love the tank, LOVE the crates. That might be my favorite feature.

Can't say I dig the brown dirt weathering that much. Prevents you from being able to toss it in a Hoth diorama, but that's a minor, minor complaint.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2018, 12:08 PM »

Hasbro can be the simply amazing when they want to be, which is why I get so frustrated when they reduce their efforts.

I think that goes with any entity. I'm 100% certain that when Disney took over, there were a lot of restrictions placed upon Hasbro. It should be common knowledge how shroud Disney is as company and it would be out of character for them not to exploit any potential financial gain possible via Hasbro's existing contract with Lucasfilm. Thus the reduction if quality for maximization of profit.

Evans LOVES Star Wars toys. My impression of him as a person, having interviewed him twice, is that he spends a lot of time trying to strike that balance between making both collectors and board members happy. Not an easy task in any profession. At the end of the day, I think the entire Hasbro team wants what we want and are working hard to find ways to get us awesome toys that make financial sense to the money people.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2018, 03:21 PM »
There's some nice images of the Imperial Assault Tank over at the othe(R) site, complete with a detailed look at the opening cargo crate, Kyber crystal containers and the crystals themselves!  The Driver looks pretty sharp, too.  It would be great if the Driver was a pack-in, but that's not happening.  And frankly, we could use some figures of the members or Saw Gerrera's militia to add to the theme of the Tank rolling through the streets of Jedha.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2018, 03:30 PM »
The more I see of this tank, the more I like it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2018, 12:34 PM »
Man...Rogue One was so much awesomeness. I can't wait to get that thing.

I hope they up their game with the Rogue One figures though. I really want that movie to get the Vintage collection treatment.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2018, 11:59 AM »
Back up for pre-order at EE again (was briefly listed early in error a few months ago).   $80 with free US shipping!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2018, 12:15 PM »
Back up for pre-order at EE again (was briefly listed early in error a few months ago).   $80 with free US shipping!

Ordered!

Thanks Jeff.