Author Topic: TVC Rogue One Imperial Assault Tank  (Read 80801 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: TVC Rogue One Imperial Assault Tank
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2018, 04:53 PM »
I think the last SW vehicle I bought was the Snowspeeder from a few years ago...and that's not been on purpose, there just hasn't been a good vehicle for a few years now. I'm definitely getting this.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 1, 2018, 05:09 PM »
To be perfectly honest (and don't tell Hasbro this) but, I am so starved for quality SW product that I'm more than willing to pay the premium price. It's a real shame that Hasbro couldn't sustain the high quality items they were producing just before Disney purchased Lucasfilm. Both my BFM and BAT-AT and the all four red Squadron X-Wings are on display at my place and I keep pining for more. I would love to get a properly colored large wing/ejection seat cockpit TIE Fighter and an X-Wing with decals to customize a Red 4, Red 6 and beyond.

The baffling thing is that there's absolutely a marked. I occasionally look on eBay for X-Wings to customize and the prices consistently hit the $100 range for modern scale OT X-Wing. I kick myself for not picking up Biggs' X-wing when it hit clearance at TRU.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #62 on: February 1, 2018, 07:36 PM »
Me too. The stuff we got before the whole thing went to ****, was pretty amazing.

Large X-wings, BA Millennium Falcon, BAT-AT, AT-ST, that sweet Jabba set, Tauntauns, the first good snowspeeder ever, the best speederbikes I've ever seen (and I bought a bunch of them), Dewbacks...the list goes on. I feel like the golden age for SW was right before they switched to all 5-POA. They had some amazing stuff coming out.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: February 2, 2018, 02:05 AM »
Yavin Hangar Sled...  man, just great.

Think though all the other stuff...  the cloud car was made actually quite amazing and interesting for once! 

Even mini rigs were interesting and looked like believable things.

They made the Naboo Fighter a billion times better and actually worth buying!  That’s like performing a miracle.

I agree with Jeff wholeheartedly though.  I’m willing to buy 3 full priced tanks and will be happy to own them.  I have 3 of the new AWing and when cool stuff comes down the line I’m ok to buy it.  I’m willing to shell out $200 for an Aliens APC so I’m ok with an $80 Impy Tank. 

At the same time, and I see some preachy collector sites pushing it, I’m not gonna lecture people who can’t or won’t justify it.  I think claiming “they can do that for less!” But still expecting the same thing just for less money shows a lack of understanding where the line and manufacturing are at this point.  I’ll gladly agree on that, but I also won’t tell you that you need to buy it or else!  That’s up to you, and not everyone can afford it or justify it, and that’s not my business.

I think it’s obvious that supporting it and more stuff like it may get made.  I mean that’s just common sense.  I also believe clearance isn’t a clear indicator of failure (like some sites and collectors claim, but then conveniently forget the tons of markdowns from 2007-2012 that I know I sure as **** saw). Everyone has to collect how they feel happiest, not be brow beat because they didn’t buy everything brand new and stuff.  I don’t run your budget nor does some other random guy on the internet.

I try to buy new if I like it but like the AWing, I bought one new, and 2 sale. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #64 on: February 2, 2018, 10:32 AM »
Yeah...Legacy collection should have been named "Golden Age" collection.

I'm hoping to see a resurgence of that quality....I'd be happy with a few re-releases since I never saw the Naboo fighter and missed the opportunity to pick up the snowspeeder.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 7, 2018, 07:37 AM »
I don't know for sure why I feel the need to "stick up for Hasbro". I think it's because I've been buying these toys for my whole life pretty much and enjoyed it the whole time, that I find it obnoxious that all the sites for the other people that love this too seem mostly to want to tell us what sucks about the hobby.

The Golden Age is called the Golden Age because it's the Golden Age.............

Most things don't just get better and better and better and better.......

We had the best years. Now it's not nearly as amazing. It is what it is.

Small rant over. (there's a thread on Yakface's front page about "making the hobby fun again" that annoyed me. As you were.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 7, 2018, 08:24 AM »
Perspective is a funny thing. I was pretty much retired from collecting by 2010 when the "Vintage collection" showed up, and while I picked up a few of the new figures I wanted, I was mostly over getting redo's by then. It was pretty much "meh" for me and I am not excited by its return except as an avenue to pick up some of the reissued figures I still haven't tracked down at prices I like. I miss the Legacy/30AC/Saga2 years more, that was when I really shored up the collection I wanted...

That Yakface article is poorly titled...the unrealistic expectations being placed on the "Vintage collection" continuation meeting the sure reality is not going to "make the hobby fun again" for the writer. I guess he figures if he's gonna get his hopes up, he'll just put 'em through the roof...

On the topic at hand, you can see where Hasbro is going with this "Vintage collection" continuation just by looking at their intentions with this tank: feature-filled, collector-grade, high-priced, Disney-era product.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2018, 01:46 PM »
Well said, gentlemen!

I think the real challenge, as it's always been is, getting product to the people who want it. Somehow there's always problems, certain figures/waves begin clogging the pegs and disrupt/block the flow of new product. There's got to be a smarter, more innovative way for retail to get us the products we want. In spite of the thrill I get when I walk into the store and find new items on the pegs/shelves, given how much of a rarity that's become, I'd be perfectly content if "ship to store" ordering had more product availability.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2018, 08:28 AM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 08:29 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2018, 09:06 AM »
It looks great!  And even though it's not coming out until the Fall, I think it's going to be worth the wait.  And Steve Evans added this blurb on Instagram:

"Factoid... One of the three orange kyber crystal crates opens up and you can remove a kyber crystal canisters AND then remove the kyber crystal from that"
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2018, 11:14 AM »
The thing does look impressive. If they ever gave the Ghost this treatment I would be over the moon happy.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2018, 11:22 AM »
Awesome.  This and about three drivers...and another Jynn and Cassian!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2018, 12:36 PM »
Stunning! I can't express how much I appreciate the attention to detail. I really hope this does well enough for Hasbro to continue to produce such high quality product.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2018, 02:47 PM »
I'm kind of surprised they called out Rogue One so prominently on the packaging.  I was kind of thinking this would be generic and maybe even tied in with the Solo movie (maybe see one in the background).

Looks great though!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2018, 07:06 PM »
This thing is glorious and amazing and everything they have been saying.  Very nice to see it coming true and not back-pedaling on this thing!  Amazing to see the crystals in a tube in a crate thing coming true as well - the pessimist in me thought for sure that feature they bragged about was going to get dropped!  Awesome to see it still in there.

* Pictures from tweets of @justinlasalata.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 07:08 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender