Author Topic: TLJ 3.75" BB-8 2-in-1 Mega Playset  (Read 28620 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: TLJ 3.75" First Order Playset?
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2017, 10:00 PM »
A second version of the playset has leaked out (at Target) via Instagram. This version includes the Force Link bracelet, the one that leaked on Amazon.es doesn't. The box art for the new one is much cooler as well. Click the right arrow on the Big Fig image to see it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:00 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2017, 10:53 PM »
The illustration looks cool, but it is just that:  an illustration.  It would have been nice if someone could have taken a decent photo of the top of the box that has an actual photo of the playset, but that would probably be nearly identical to the one we saw in the first packaged image.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2017, 11:14 PM »
Damn, the photo in the corner shows Snoke towering over that guard! I was hoping he would actually be big...so cool to see that!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2017, 10:25 AM »
This reminds me of some kind of an upscaled Micro Machines set crossed with the vintage Death Star.

Yeah... and hard to tell if that's worth $200 to me.    :-\

From that 2nd Target pic that Jayson linked, it looks like there are electronics in the BB-8 (maybe the whole playset too), probably helps explain the price a lil bit, especially if the $200 version comes with the $30 Force Link thingy too.

I'm going to go the patient route on this.  Hopefully I'll end up with one, but not going to pay $200 when all I really want are the figures.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2017, 10:45 AM »
Wow.  Not sure I would pay $100 for this.  It's going to have to have more features than what I've seen or a really nice discount to end up in my house...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2017, 12:41 PM »
I never got the AT-ACT, even when it was $89 at Target, but I'll probably get this on sale. I'm a BB-8 fan and I've wanted the Jakks version, so this seems like a better deal. I also mainly want the figures, though I suspect we'll see both in other forms.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2017, 01:58 PM »
I actually think the play set looks pretty cool.  My only problem is going to be the height, I'll have to see, but I'm not convinced that this is going to fit on my shelves the way I'd like it to.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2017, 09:03 PM »
$200? Yeesh. That will not help support the "We Want Playsets" crowd
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2017, 10:47 PM »
It's not perfect, but this thing looks far from horrible.

I guess if I can shell out at least $500 for space walls from GTP toys, well then I will need to support this. 

Wish it didn't transform inti BB-8 thought.  Or transform at all.  I wish it was more like an upscaled micro collection Death Star World from 1982.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2017, 01:37 PM »
Agreed.  I'll likely spring for this, maybe on sale, but I also dropped $200 on space walls too.

The only thing I'm worried about is the overall market reception for a thing like this and Hasbro's view of playsets as a result.  I think $200 is a tough price point.  Its hard to tell from the images how many electronics or cool interactive features there are, but unless this thing is super cool I'm not sure your average soccer mom or grandparent is going to drop $200 on a plastic playset.

I would have preferred a more modular approach with a price point more around $80 where it would be more affordable for gift giving, but collectors and others could purchase multiples or variants that could build to something larger.

I'm going to withhold final judgement until I see better pictures and descriptions.

Hopefully at least Hasbro can get this to retail well before Dec 15th and not screw this up like the AT-ACT last year.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2017, 02:40 PM »
I'm intrigued by how this will perform too. Like, the Ninja Turtles line sells a lot of playsets, but then that Batman vs Superman Batcave was on clearance for 75% off at Walmart. I think this looks cool, and the figures are unique enough and good enough, but the $200 is a tough pill to swallow.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2017, 03:50 PM »
Have we seen any indications on the differences or similarities between the Force Link gauntlet that's packed with the playset, and the Force Link set that comes with the Kylo Ren figure?

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2017, 04:41 PM »
Have we seen any indications on the differences or similarities between the Force Link gauntlet that's packed with the playset, and the Force Link set that comes with the Kylo Ren figure?

They are the same device.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2017, 05:29 PM »
Interesting.  It makes you wonder which version will be available at which retailers.  Personally, I see the Force Link with the Kylo Ren figure being a draw on its own, and the possibility that collectors might get the version of the playset without the Force Link gauntlet to save money.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2017, 05:43 PM »
Lol, I found this on the clearance aisle at my local Walmart today. Cool to check out up close and personal, but it wouldn't ring up on the price scanner so I didn't even try to buy it.

They also had the A-Wing and Canto Bight speeders out, and on a dolly near by they had a full case of the Teal figures as well as the 2-packs.

If I had seen any 6" stuff I would have tried to purchase it, but did not see any. 🙁
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy