Author Topic: TLJ 3.75" BB-8 2-in-1 Mega Playset  (Read 28621 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TLJ 3.75" BB-8 2-in-1 Mega Playset
« Reply #90 on: March 7, 2018, 12:55 PM »
Still need this playset? Less than $70 right now on Amazon.com.

I had been on the fence about this playset. Saw it this morning at Target for $99, and was sorely considering it, but ultimately passed.

So when I saw this link I had to bite. Curse you/thank you Jeff! Now I own a giant BB-8! ;) (I feel good about using the JD link, too!)

Thanks for supporting the site!  :)
« Last Edit: March 7, 2018, 12:55 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 8, 2018, 09:28 PM »
I know a lot of people were vocal about disliking this playset, but it's not so bad.  Sure it has elements that take away from the aesthetics, but Hasbro worked some good things in here too.

Is it worth $200?  No, I would say not even close.  $100 seems more reasonable especially when you consider someone like me doesn't care about the transforming feature, electronics, action features - I just like things that look cool for setup and as a kid liked to have a "base" for the good guys and one for the bad guys.  I didn't need all kinds of gimmicks, or even know what that even was back in the day.

If they had removed the transforming feature and put some collector "Sail Barge" type of detail into this, I think it would have sold better for retailers... because as it is, they lose collectors.  I don't think they will lose kids or parents by making it look cooler, but they would gain collectors!

Here's my simple setup of it.  I need to spice it up with a background, black floor, etc.

For anyone on the fence, I think it's well worth $100 (or less obviously).

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 9, 2018, 12:11 AM »
Thanks for the review, CHEWIE! And glad to see one without the cheesy stickers applied, I think I will be going that route also.  ;D

(What is up with FX-7 becoming a torture droid, though? That's up there with Luke turning his back on the Force as far as Sequel Trilogy character twists go!)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 9, 2018, 01:52 PM »
My daughter put the droid there... so that's why he's there, ha ha.  I might have to swap that out with something a little more sinister because I hadn't even thought about how out of place it looks until you said it, but you're right.   :)

I really would replace the whole playset without question with something more collector geared, if something were available.  But this isn't a bad way to display a collection of First Order figures at all in my opinion. 

And yeah, I didn't apply all the stickers because I felt some detracted from it.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: May 4, 2018, 03:37 PM »
Still don't have this playset yet?  $49.99 right now on Amazon.com

#sponsoredlink
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 4, 2018, 03:54 PM »
Good grief... between this and Snoke being available on a single card, I really screwed up buying it when I did.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2018, 08:13 PM »
I popped into a Walmart on my way back into town a few hours ago and they had the BB-8's marked down to $45.  That's the lowest I've seen them so far...