Author Topic: Displaying AT-ATs  (Read 3979 times)

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
Displaying AT-ATs
« on: August 1, 2017, 09:41 AM »

I’m making this post as a general survey about how you as a collector would display a group of AT-ATs in any scale from micro machines, to Titaniums, to Action Fleet to model scale to the Kenner mold, or the big Hasbro mold.

If you were to display several AT-ATs together, how many do you picture needing to complete your scene?

Also reply with the same answer for AT-STs if you will.
Macklunkey!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Displaying AT-ATs
« Reply #1 on: August 1, 2017, 10:15 AM »
If you were to display several AT-ATs together, how many do you picture needing to complete your scene?

Three.  I only have one BAT-AT on display, but if space were no object or I were displaying action fleet or something, I'd need three because of the ESB scene where the three walkers are mowing down the hoth rebel troops...

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/67/Battle_of_Hoth.jpg/revision/latest

I don't really have  good answer for AT-STs.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2017, 10:16 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2017, 03:44 PM »
I'm going to assume you are referring to a Hoth scene and mixing AT-STs with AT-ATs to recreate that battle.  If you're talking Endor, you just need one AT-AT with a shuttle and 2-3 AT-STs for the Jungle.  For Hoth, I would include 3 AT-ATs and 2 AT-STs mixed together, provided you have the space.  The formula for me is one less AT-ST than AT-ATs.  If you just have space for one, I think they're cool on their own as well.  Maybe just use one of each in a Hoth scene with Luke ascending on his grappling hook.

My vintage Hoth display has two Hasbro AT-ATs and one AT-ST.  Would have included three if I had the space, but they're two crowded on a 2ft shelf.  I also included two Imperial Attack Bases and a couple of tripod laser canons in mine.

On a side note, if anyone is looking to add some ice and snow to their display, I picked up a GOT Ice Wall playset on clearance @ TRU for $20 a few weeks back.  They still have them at my local store and online.  Kind of makes a nice backdrop of ice if you take the wood parts off.  And you get a free action figure of the crabby writer from Elf too!

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 08:30 PM »
I would agree that 3 AT-ATs are the general wish, but I'm curious if there were any purists why say 5 due to the establishing shot with 5 in the frame. Where did those two go anyway?

The thought of AT-STs is a unique one as they don't have the same group shot on Endor as the AT-ATs on Hoth. The cheap AT-STs at Walmart have promoted me to buy 3 for an Endor or Jedha scene.
Macklunkey!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 10:00 PM »
I would agree that 3 AT-ATs are the general wish, but I'm curious if there were any purists why say 5 due to the establishing shot with 5 in the frame. Where did those two go anyway?

One was brought down by tow cable and Luke climbed up one and threw a grenade in it.  Not the official description but a decent explanation.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 12:32 PM »

I own 5 BAT-AT's and would love to display them all if I had the space. I only opened a 2nd one for my time-lapse video.

There's one shot with 14 of my 16 AT-ST's.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."