Author Topic: TLJ 3.75" Figure 2-Packs  (Read 19439 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: TLJ 3.75" Figure 2-Packs
« Reply #45 on: March 7, 2018, 10:36 AM »
Other than the Force link part, these two are the same as before right?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 7, 2018, 11:05 AM »
There are different accessories, too.  Chirrut comes with a more screen accurate version of his bowcaster.  And Baze comes with different accessories, too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 7, 2018, 12:25 PM »
Argh... okay fine, for $8 I'll bite.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2018, 08:32 PM »
Finn vs Phasma is shipping from EE.com
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2018, 12:25 PM »
Finn vs Phasma is shipping from EE.com

I got my shipping notice yesterday as well. :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2018, 06:41 PM »
Same here.  I put together a group order with friends in order to save on EE's ridiculous shipping costs.  We ordered the Finn & Phasma 2-packs along with C'ai Threnalli and the First Order Flametrooper.  Sure enough, they aren't going to ship together and EE is racking up the shipping charges.  ::)

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2018, 11:25 PM »
Same here.  I put together a group order with friends in order to save on EE's ridiculous shipping costs.  We ordered the Finn & Phasma 2-packs along with C'ai Threnalli and the First Order Flametrooper.  Sure enough, they aren't going to ship together and EE is racking up the shipping charges.  ::)

Unless I’m mistaken, EE charges you the full shipping for your order when one item goes out, but doesn’t charge you for shipping when the rest goes out.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2018, 12:13 AM »
What Rob said, Nick.

EE eats that shipping charge if you used a free shipping code or the order qualified for free shipping.  That's why when I order, I always order in bulk.  I think it's $79 of in-stock stuff and there's always a free shipping code for any $99+ order I think, plus there's tons of expensive crap I order that just automatically qualifies (I'm looking at you Acid Rain toys).

I just ordered 2 of ARW figures and a clearanced pack of droids and it automatically gave me the free shipping.  Those were all in stock of course.

However, I've pre-ordered a ton of separate things in the past, like say individual figures and some upcoming ARW toys, and they all ship at different times, but I'm not charged shipping on them.

The checkout is goofy how it adds the shipping but subtracts it and things.  It's an odd way it does it in the checkout process, but it always works out to no shipping.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2018, 09:32 AM »
I certainly hope that's the case.  I like EE a lot as an online retailer, but I just cannot abide their shipping costs.  I've been selling off a significant amount of my surplus collection over the past year.  And plenty of my buyers are on the West Coast.  It does not cost me ANYWHERE near what EE charges to ship cross-country.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Shipping is where some of the moneys made.  I worked at a bakery that shipped across the country and we'd make quite a bit off a standard shipping rate compared to actual cost.  It was a wake up call.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2018, 10:49 AM »
Shipping is where some of the moneys made.  I worked at a bakery that shipped across the country and we'd make quite a bit off a standard shipping rate compared to actual cost.  It was a wake up call.

I'm sure there are times when companies take real advantage of that as a way to hide markups, but to me that's just a charge for handling.

Someone has to box all that stuff up carefully, get it addressed... get it shipped... it's not an insignificant amount of work generally.

And if they didn't charge that, they'd just charge more for the products their selling.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Just to echo/confirm what Rob and Jesse said - yes, EE charges full shipping when the first item goes out and then the other items will follow once available with no additional shipping charges.

when I order, I always order in bulk.  I think it's $79 of in-stock stuff

I try to do this now too. I use the 'wish list' thing to keep track of items I'm interested in and then when enough things are in-stock to get over $79 and get free shipping, that's when I order.  There are exceptions where I feel like I need to pre-order (like these end of the line Last Jedi figures), but most main line stuff I just wait for in-stock either at EE or Amazon to get my free shipping.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2018, 12:40 PM »
All these years and I didn't realize they had a wish-list feature.... and the button is right there on every single item...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2018, 04:57 PM »
I do the wishlist on amazon too just to keep track of things I want.  With EE I’m usually either ordering in a group locally to get a free shipping order or I’m ordering so much or so expensive on its own that it’s just free shipping. 

It’s funny that sometimes EE is cheaper on acid rain stuff than BBTS...  sometimes they’re the same too but rarely is EE more or more than $1 or something.  Same on the Hiya Alien/Predator figures.  I’m def gonna keep my case ordering options open on TVC with EE tho.  They are free shipping and at this point I’m too old tired and busy to hunt for this **** all the time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77