Author Topic: TLJ 3.75" Resistance A-Wing Fighter with Tallie  (Read 6559 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: TLJ 3.75" Resistance A-Wing Fighter with Tallie
« Reply #15 on: September 1, 2017, 09:43 PM »
I got the AWing today at K-Mart for a whopping $0.00!  I had points I'd been sitting on the better part of this year, so time to cash in.  Plus like $12 was expiring anyway.  Got that and a Rathtar for freebie free.  Hooray me.

The A-Wing is pretty damn cool.  It's sleeker (IE: Thinner) and a little generally smaller than the old A-Wing sculpt, but miles superior to the A-Wing last year, which I'm customizing into an A-Wing prototype pre-rebellion. 

The new one is pretty much everything I could've wanted in a McQuarrie A-Wing I was going to do myself, but now don't have to.  It has a few flaws, mostly minor, but not much.

The Pilot is even decent despite a non-removable bucket and the of course crummy articulation.  She's got a very nice crisp sculpt and even the leg straps and things are sculpted to have depth to them.  Separate bits would've been better but this is life these days.  The separate visor is a vastly superior effort to last year's crap pilots, and the figure is painted very nicely.  Kind of McQuarrie-ish herself really.

The ship's deco is nice...  not great, and lacks the little dirt/soot and silver dings that the POTF2 ship had, but it has some paint chipping and it's generally decent for this era.

The ship has a forward landing gear but not a rear, and I believe I've seen that the ships have 2 rear struts ala the old A-Wing sculpt, and so that's kind of me, but the overall sculpt of the ship is nice and crisp, and the fact you do get one fold away strut in the front is very nice.  Would 2 more have killed em?  Eh, probably not, and I wish it was there.  It's probably my only real gripe.

The ship is narrow but seems accurately scaled, which is my litmus test for whether I even buy a vehicle now or not.  I've compared some pics and things, and I think it's pretty on the mark.  A-Wings have kind of had a history of "what the hell scale is it!?" over the years too, and I suspect the new one may have similar issues, especially as the new production is using a lot less digital work and more practical stuff.

The end result is, for me, a toy that's not quite as good as the old POTF2 ship was, but in this day and age I think this is a nice ship for $30, and I'll be getting 1-2 more for a nice little flight of them, perhaps a custom different squad...  Love me some good quality A-Wing-ing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: September 2, 2017, 10:47 PM »
I got the AWing today at K-Mart for a whopping $0.00!  I had points I'd been sitting on the better part of this year, so time to cash in.  Plus like $12 was expiring anyway.  Got that and a Rathtar for freebie free.  Hooray me.

I thought K-Mart was bad for collectors?   :P

Glad to hear this is nice, I'll probably try to track one down this weekend some point...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 7, 2017, 09:43 AM »
I thought the life sized A-Wing at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland looked strange. I guess it is this version.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2017, 10:35 AM »
Just like the Police Speeder, price on the A-Wing has been bouncing up and down the past few days on Amazon.com - currently at $22.49 (25% off).

I heard it was as low as $20 at one point this weekend, nice deal for a great vehicle if you still need it (or want more). #ad
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2017, 11:05 AM »
Target had them for $17.99 in the StL area.  Nice price for that.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 09:40 PM »
Indeed.  I may scout Target for the police speeder since that thing is dumb looking.  The A-Wing is fantastic for around $20 though, pick it up if you can. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77