Collectibles > 1:6 Scale Figures and Collectibles

Star Wars Forces of Destiny Figures

(1/2) > >>

Dave:
Not sure where this thread should go, so feel free to move it.

While I like these figures, and do like the focus on the women of Star Wars, this line does not seem to be doing well at the Targets I stop at.  I'm not sure if they should have been moved out of the Star Wars aisle in to the "girl" aisle.

I know this was a multimedia sort of launch with books, mini-web episodes, etc., but I don't feel like the push has made much of an impact.

Its really too bad as I think these things are kind of neat.  Not sure if these should have been a sub-line of the 6" figures to pull in more collectors, or what.

Is anybody seeing these move at their local stores?  My local Targets have A TON of these on the shelf.

evenflow:
I have considered picking up Ahsoka for a 1/6 custom. Not seen her yet though.

Diddly:
I've heard the Wicket fits in well with Black Series 6 inch figures both in scale and look, but I can't see myself ever getting anything from this line

Phrubruh:
Is that R2 about the same size as the 6" version? R2, Wicket and BB-8 look too small to be included with that 12" doll.

McMetal:
Sorry, didn't see a thread for these, and I was reluctant to start one, but I couldn't think of a more appropriate place to put my comments.

These things have hit deep clearance here, and I couldn't help myself at lunch today, buying two of everything pretty much. The regular figures were $2, the "deluxe" versions were anywhere from $3.50-$5 depending on the set.

I had gotten a Sabine last week and opened it up and it wasn't terrible. She actually looks pretty cool displayed wearing her helmet. I still think the faces on these things are creepy and disturbing like something out of that old Thunderbirds TV show, but they're not that awful as toys.

It sounds like Hasbro may be bailing on this line now, maybe they will all become as valuable as DROIDS figures one day, LOL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version