Author Topic: Star Wars Forces of Destiny Figures  (Read 4207 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Star Wars Forces of Destiny Figures
« on: August 24, 2017, 10:52 PM »
Not sure where this thread should go, so feel free to move it.

While I like these figures, and do like the focus on the women of Star Wars, this line does not seem to be doing well at the Targets I stop at.  I'm not sure if they should have been moved out of the Star Wars aisle in to the "girl" aisle.

I know this was a multimedia sort of launch with books, mini-web episodes, etc., but I don't feel like the push has made much of an impact.

Its really too bad as I think these things are kind of neat.  Not sure if these should have been a sub-line of the 6" figures to pull in more collectors, or what.

Is anybody seeing these move at their local stores?  My local Targets have A TON of these on the shelf.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Star Wars Forces of Destiny Figures
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 05:17 PM »
I have considered picking up Ahsoka for a 1/6 custom. Not seen her yet though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 08:52 PM »
I've heard the Wicket fits in well with Black Series 6 inch figures both in scale and look, but I can't see myself ever getting anything from this line
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 10:46 AM »
Is that R2 about the same size as the 6" version? R2, Wicket and BB-8 look too small to be included with that 12" doll.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 01:56 PM »
Sorry, didn't see a thread for these, and I was reluctant to start one, but I couldn't think of a more appropriate place to put my comments.

These things have hit deep clearance here, and I couldn't help myself at lunch today, buying two of everything pretty much. The regular figures were $2, the "deluxe" versions were anywhere from $3.50-$5 depending on the set.

I had gotten a Sabine last week and opened it up and it wasn't terrible. She actually looks pretty cool displayed wearing her helmet. I still think the faces on these things are creepy and disturbing like something out of that old Thunderbirds TV show, but they're not that awful as toys.

It sounds like Hasbro may be bailing on this line now, maybe they will all become as valuable as DROIDS figures one day, LOL.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 03:29 PM »
Where'd you buy them?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 03:43 PM »
The regular figures were $2, the "deluxe" versions were anywhere from $3.50-$5 depending on the set.

I have hit a few Walmarts looking for those deep discounts.  I'd like to stock up for Easter basket goodies since my daughter is 100% in on this line.

Sometimes I watch with Star Wars Dad pride as Rey, BB-8, Leia, and R2 save Ariel, Belle, Aurora, and Snow White from whatever peril the Disney Princess have found themselves in...

Then of course, I immediately yell at my daughter for enjoying these figures and ruining Star Wars for all the angry 40-yr old collectors on the internet. "STOP MAKING STAR WARS ALL ABOUT YOU GIRLS!"  #sarcasm
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:44 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 09:40 AM »
Where'd you buy them?

Walmart, sorry, forgot to mention.

Yeah I don't know what I will end up doing with all these things, since my girls are rapidly aging out of toys, but it's too good a deal to pass up.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: March 8, 2018, 08:44 AM »
If I see Sabine at that price I would pick her up and try to do a custom. I had planned to pick up Ashoka, probablynnever getting released now.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"