Community > Other Toy Lines

Favorite Line(s) of All Time

(1/2) > >>

Brian:
As I've been going through my collection this year, parting with some of it and reorganizing some of it, it has made me a little nostalgic. I started going back through some of the older threads here and reliving the discussions and excitement as some lines were being released. Obviously, lots of Star Wars, but also the beginnings of the GI Joe 25th line, MOTU Classics, Marvel Legends, etc. Also, as a side note, how great was 2007 for collecting? The 30th Anniversary Collection for Star Wars (with McQuarrie figures), and the beginnings of the GI Joe 25th line!

Anyways, what are some of your favorite toy lines of all time? Childhood (since that is often where it starts) or all the way up to today.  Here's a few off the top of my head:

Star Wars (Vintage)
Star Wars (30th)
Star Wars (VOTC, continuing to the Vintage Collection)
G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary Collection
Masters of the Universe Classics
Marvel Legends
DC Universe Classics

Scockery:
Eh. I really don't like toys.  :P

1. GI JOE A Real American Hero
2. Star Wars (Kenner)
3. Star Wars (VOTC)
4. Adventure People (Fisher Price)
5. Super Powers (Kenner)
6. Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (LJN and TSR bendies, etc)
7. Masters of the Universe (Mattel)
8.  Playmobil (There's so much of it, partial to the old west theme, also  see lego comment)
9. Battle Beasts (Hasbro)
10. Lego deserves mention, but with regret. Lego is like a  disease...an expensive, never ending disease. LOL. I've avoided it since the 90's.  :-\

And there's line I like that had fun aspects but weren't really that great, like Secret Wars (Mattel), Go-Bots (Tonka) and MASK (Kenner).

GrandMoffNick:
When I was a kid I liked Star Wars the most. I also liked GiJoe, Transformers, MOTU, Mask, TMNT, Voltron, etc.

But oddly for me the only thing that hardcore carried on to adulthood was Star Wars. I have some other lines, but just random stuff. Nothing else I've ever wanted to co or sub focus on

Darby:
Oh boy.

Well, I'll take a stab at it. Not in any particular order:

Vintage SW
Modern SW
Playmates Star Trek (et al)
Playmates The Simpsons
Vintage GI Joe

Dave:
30th Anniversary Collection is by far my favorite line within Star Wars.  The creativity and breadth was awesome - Yoda & Kybuck?!?!?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version