Author Topic: Walmart 6" TLJ Kylo Ren in Throne Room  (Read 6161 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Walmart 6" TLJ Kylo Ren in Throne Room
« on: September 7, 2017, 10:52 AM »
Hasbro PR info - looks like this one can link up to the GameStop Snoke w/Throne set...  and like the other two 'with base' sets, premium soft goods and die cast accessories.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH KYLO REN in Throne Room
(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Suggested Retail Price: $34.99/Available: Fall 2017)
Imagine commanding First Order missions from the Throne Room with THE BLACK SERIES KYLO REN figure! This 6-inch scale figure is carefully detailed to look like the dark warrior from STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI featuring impressive detail, multiple points of articulation, and premium fabric costuming. Comes with a Throne Room base inspired by one of the locations in the film, allowing collectors to easily recreate their favorite STAR WARS moments. Includes figure, stand, and four accessories. Available exclusively at Walmart.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2017, 10:53 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart 6" TLJ Kylo Ren in Throne Room
« Reply #1 on: September 7, 2017, 06:42 PM »
This set looks a bit better than the 6" basic version of Kylo Ren.  To the point where I may skip that one and get this instead.

I definitely hope that this base links up with the throne that comes with the GameStop exclusive version of Snoke.  Because it would make both sets very interesting.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2017, 07:57 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2017, 06:47 PM »
Does anyone know if this will link up with the Game Stop Snoke throne?  ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2017, 06:49 PM »
I would think so.

But, yes, better to get this for the helmet and stands instead of the basic release

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 02:54 PM »
Did this get cancelled?  I haven't heard anything about this since the press release and don't see anything on walmart.com.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 03:35 PM »
Did this get cancelled?

Nope.  I believe it's out overseas (Asia), it's just the usual Walmart efficiency in getting product into stores that is keeping you from having one already.

Walmart SKU = 287877571 (from Yakface)

link to Walmart.com listing
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:44 PM by Jeff »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 03:58 PM »
Thanks Jeff.  I was looking at that, and saw some were available on ebay, but I wasn't sure if it was cancelled and people were selling a small batch that escaped the factory or what was going on.

Genius idea to release a new exclusive product after the Christmas season  ::)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 04:42 PM »
This would have been a great addition to the new aisle shippers Walmart has been getting, but what do I know.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 07:21 PM »
This would have been a great addition to the new aisle shippers Walmart has been getting, but what do I know.

It would be even better if the social media ads that are showing it would actually link to a product listing on Walmart.com, but they totally botched that.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 11:24 AM »
Has anyone heard any more on this?  I purposely skipped the regular release of Kylo Ren so I could get this one, but now I'm worried this one isn't coming and I should go get a regular TLJ Kylo Ren.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 11:50 AM »
It's definitely coming to the USA.  It hit Walmart.com this past weekend and sold out pretty quickly.  Popped back up on 1/8 for a bit.  Given Walmart's track record, it could hit stores this week or next September.   :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 01:10 PM »
This thing is ridiculous.  And it's a good reminder of how inconsistent WalMart can be with their exclusives.  It has been popping up on WalMart.com periodically, but it's also selling out rather quickly.

As for Brickseek?  It's still an option with WalMart, but I haven't been able to find this piece in stock at any WalMart stores that are within at least 100 miles of me.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 02:08 PM »
I was able to get mine of the.com awhile back.  But the regular release is quite cheap if you don't want the the throne parts or helmet (which is a variant head not a slip on helmet).

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 09:51 AM »
It's been awhile since I posted a bitter rant, but this one has about got me to that point. This is shaping up to be the worst Black Series exclusive ever IMHO, and the Shock Trooper (another Walmart special) was no picnic. Just WTF are they thinking with this thing? Make sure it doesn't hit shelves before Christmas, and now it looks like the movie will be out of theaters before this stupid thing ever shows up, IF it ever does.

Did the shipping containers just fall off the slow boat from China on the way over? I don't get the drips and drabs approach to listing this online. I've missed this three different times now, because they cannot even handle a simple thing like an "In Stock Alert" properly.

I can live with stuff not coming out at all, or being delayed. That's fine. But leaking these out a little at a time is super frustrating. I check Brickseek every single day and the nationwide counts always hover between 3-5%. That's just weak.

I don't need any more reasons to think about dropping this line right now, but stuff like this just fuels that impulse. Sigh, ok, venting over...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 01:08 PM »
Agreed on the Battlefront Shock Trooper.  That was ridiculous.  I never saw one in the wild and was thankful to get some trade help on that.

I think this Kylo Ren set is a bigger deal.  The comparable sets like the deluxe versions of Snoke, Luke and Rey have all turned up in abundance.  If this one doesn't, then it's on WalMart for dropping the ball.

Feedback